Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 01, 2014, 11:56:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plague Soldier Beetle  (Read 967 times)
wannabeehobbit
New Bee

« on: March 04, 2013, 08:38:45 PM »

Hello, I live in NE Victoria and have a problem with Plague Soldier Beetles that have invaded our property and driven out the bees that once buzzed in our gumtrees and on our flowers.

I was wondering if anyone out there had any advice as to how to eradicate and control the Plague Soldier Beetles as we really miss the bees Sad

Thank you.

OzBuzz
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 10:30:37 PM »

Anything you apply for the beetles will impact the bees... sadly it's a state of affairs we just have to live with
rawfind
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 12:41:01 AM »

Hello, I live in NE Victoria and have a problem with Plague Soldier Beetles that have invaded our property and driven out the bees that once buzzed in our gumtrees and on our flowers.

I was wondering if anyone out there had any advice as to how to eradicate and control the Plague Soldier Beetles as we really miss the bees Sad

Thank you.

they those long suckers that are often seen joined together?  green and yellow underneath.
wannabeehobbit
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 10:08:38 PM »

Yes they are  Sad there, even our chooks are scared of them as they are literally in plague proportions.

rawfind
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 12:50:12 AM »

Yes they are  Sad there, even our chooks are scared of them as they are literally in plague proportions.

i had heaps here too i found they were grouped in masses on branches and on the grass, i made up some pyrethium in my sprayer and let them have it, they drop instantly and die fast, got the odd bee but nothing that would make the slightest difference to my hives, i killed a lot not possible to kill all because of the sheer numbers and area affected but i must have made some difference as i dont see many around now and bees are doing fine, re Neil
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next