Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 28, 2014, 06:36:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally quit snowing  (Read 945 times)
danno
Super Bee

« on: February 21, 2013, 10:37:06 AM »

It start snowing Monday night after a day of mid 40s and sun on Presidents day.   Not just alittle snow but a white out of lake effect and high winds.  It did this until Thursday morning.  Mixed reports all say close to 30 inches total give or take 6".  With the wind in excess of 35 through most of it there are spots with no snow and some with drifts over 6 ft deep.  The ground hog didn't see his shadow so hopefully this will be our last big one of the year. I'm not holding my breath!!
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 06:43:52 PM »

If I had held my breath it would have been short lived.  Its just starting again with 100% chance of a few more inches tonight
D Semple
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 06:58:15 PM »

We got a foot today and expect a few more inches tonight here in KC.

Glad to get it we are in a drought.

Don

rgy
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 12:55:34 PM »

hey Danno, shorts and tshirt in Dallas yesterday.
fshrgy99
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 01:36:59 PM »

If the wind is right what doesn't fall on you in Michigan lands on me about 8 hours later Smiley
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 01:55:03 PM »

If the wind is right what doesn't fall on you in Michigan lands on me about 8 hours later Smiley
I cant believe there is any moisture left after beating us these past few days.   We got another 6"s between 6:00AM and noon.   20 years ago I had myself convinced that I loved this stuff.   What was I thinking
tefer2
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 01:55:48 PM »

We only got another 6 inches last night. What a relief. Cry
rgy, we're going to remember your comments around July and August.
I'll be thinking about you while i'm at the beach with the cool breeze.
You'll be thinking that Dallas is where the devil lives! evil
Jim 134
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 02:05:27 PM »

We got another 6"s between 6:00AM and noon.   20 years ago I had myself convinced that I loved this stuff.   What was I thinking

lau lau lau

BEE HAPPY Jim134 Smiley

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/
rgy
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 03:51:23 PM »

Tefer, i have to get the digs in now.  The way it looks you are going to have PLENTY of beach to use with the water levels.  Glad I sold my house on the harbor, one of my slips is useless now and the other has 3/4 feet under it when it did have 7+.  Saugatuck harbor is half out of the water.  Scary!  where is it all going?  not to north tx.
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 04:47:51 PM »

with the badger carferry running out of here they keep us dredged out
fshrgy99
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 06:51:54 PM »

Tefer, i have to get the digs in now.  The way it looks you are going to have PLENTY of beach to use with the water levels.  Glad I sold my house on the harbor, one of my slips is useless now and the other has 3/4 feet under it when it did have 7+.  Saugatuck harbor is half out of the water.  Scary!  where is it all going?  not to north tx.

The chinese carp are moving up into the great lakes from the mississippi through Chicago. Can"t see how the water levels aren't running down from here to the Gulf of Mexico. Are you guys seeing any Canadian fish showing up down that way? Another popular theory around here is that there is a pipeline quietly drawing water from Lake Superior to points South, but you know how theories get spun up over beers on a Saturday night!
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 02:23:42 AM »

The chinese carp are moving up into the great lakes from the mississippi through Chicago. Can"t see how the water levels aren't running down from here to the Gulf of Mexico…
Are you guys seeing any Canadian fish showing up down that way? Another popular theory around here is that there is a pipeline quietly drawing water from Lake Superior to points South …

…  Glad I sold my house on the harbor, one of my slips is useless now and the other has 3/4 feet under it …where is it all going? 

Your just rubbing it in because you got more of that Glacial Rebound effect North of the border than we got down here.  At the rate things are looking up for you.  In 1,000 years almost another 20 vertical feet of the Northern shore of Lake Superior will be high and dry.  Even Saugatuck Harbor is rising but not by as much as the North Shore of Lake Superior. 

Is that a paddle fish a.k.a. spoon bill cat that you're holding?

fshrgy99
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 01:15:50 PM »

Hey Kingbee, What you see is a 14 pound Lake Ontario Rainbow. Took it on a downrigger last summer. It's my personal best Bow. We also got a 17 lb salmon on the same trip but missed the early bite on the 30+ lb salmon that were being targetedstaging for the river run. This Bow stayed down like a concrete block ... was probably the best fight I've had.
Dennis
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 12:14:06 AM »

I see now. your shirt had a silver colored shoulder that gave the fish a paddle or snout.  Catch one for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next