Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 23, 2014, 08:30:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Sequestered!  (Read 10160 times)
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2013, 11:56:56 AM »

It saddens/maddens me to see people get worked up and divided into opposing "camps" over politics. Which is exactly where/how the Powers That Be want you. Continue to support your party and nothing changes. Yes one party gets an advantage on occasion but it is all undone when the power swings back the other way.

My view?
 BOTH Rep. & Dem. are bought and paid for. They are out of touch with the citizenship and in bed with Big Banks and Corporations. If you want to straighten out the mess that is D.C. vote 3rd Party. And no I do not mean Tea Party. How many election cycles do you think it would take for Congress to straighten up and do their job? My guess, not more than 2.
I can agree with that!

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2013, 01:57:34 AM »

As more liberty/freedom gets stripped away and people educate themselves they will see how bad we have allowed things to get. And the blame falls squarely on OUR shoulders, we have the vote. Some call for term limits, I say we have them, every two years for Congress, where I believe the problem is.

Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2013, 01:23:03 AM »

I haven't found any perfect candidates, Ever....

I am surprised that someone would even look for a "perfect" candidate.  There are only candidates who are better than their opponents in the eyes of each individual voter. 

The citizen who witholds his vote until the perfect man or woman comes along will never vote for anyone.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #123 on: March 20, 2013, 03:43:25 PM »

There are only candidates who are better than their opponents in the eyes of each individual voter. 

true.  candidates are people.  people have opinions and flaws.   Smiley

The citizen who witholds his vote until the perfect man or woman comes along will never vote for anyone.

they will, though.  they will vote for someone who makes them feel good. make them feel like they are bucking the "establishment".

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
fishman
New Bee

« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2013, 05:24:46 PM »

I hear what your saying!!! I agree!!! we are in deep deep trouble!!!! Lets all be vocal for the RIGHT thing and have faith maybe things will turn and hopefully people will realize their mistakes.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2013, 11:40:49 AM »

Still no tours of the Obama White House.  Beemaster is still on shortened hours.  However the Vice President Joe Biden’s recent trip to Europe racked up over $1,000,000 in hotel room charges for just two nights worth of lodging.

Coming from an adminstration that promised us in 2008 that it would be the most ethical adminstration in history, this room tab is ridiculous.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2013, 10:21:22 AM »

Beemaster, look for shorter hours yet. The Palestinian Muslims need the money more than the Americans.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/25/administration-moves-500m-in-palestinian-aid-as-agencies-scramble-to-delay-1823258958/

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
sterling
Queen Bee

« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2013, 11:37:49 AM »

Still no tours of the Obama White House.  Beemaster is still on shortened hours.  However the Vice President Joe Biden’s recent trip to Europe racked up over $1,000,000 in hotel room charges for just two nights worth of lodging.

Coming from an adminstration that promised us in 2008 that it would be the most ethical adminstration in history, this room tab is ridiculous.

And the Obama girls are on their third extravagant vacation in a month.  1. Colorado ski trip   2. Mexico    3. Now the Bahamas.
The sequester is hurting them bad.

Poor school kids that saved their money to tour the White House and the special White House kids are spending the money needed to protect the place.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2013, 12:56:16 PM »

Poor school kids that saved their money to tour the White House and the special White House kids are spending the money needed to protect the place.

good point.  these kids work all year to raise the money for the trips.  my grandson has one coming up in may and they have been doing fundraisers all year long.  fortunately, they are not going to the WH.

i believe the current vacation breakdown for the WH clan is 1 per month.  wonder what they are doing with grandma.  she lives there too.  guess she'd jetting off with them also?

a little cake anyone?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2013, 05:15:28 PM »

I haven't posted in quite awhile, the topic has shifted and returned again (somewhat) and thanks again to all concerned. It all is such a cluster mess that TV news don't bother carrying it anymore, nor do most newspapers. The 800 thousand directly effected in the DOD alone are sitting awaiting the Feds to (as my Mom would allow me to say as a kid) SIT or get off the pot!

We get two week delays, which only lets rumors fly further, we have special channels on the computer that we can tune to call THE FURLOUGH CHANNEL which only displays a big blue screen with the words DVD on it and it never plays - it is very frustrating.

I mentioned that my wife Tracey and I will not be as deeply effected as some of the workers, thanks to smart saving when times were better, we have a buffer and she is safely employed, so being a 2 income family of two is a massive difference than many of those effected. That does not change the fact though that I will likely be in and out of surgery soon for a severed rotator cuff, for likely three month due to the climbing and other requirements of my job.

The 22 furlough days expected (roughly 4.4 weeks leave without pay) effects how much sick-time and leave-time I will accumulate and my total leave will run out before I return to work. There is 240 hours of sick-leave we can borrow and repay during my years til retirement (6.5 years) when I have the age and number of years to retire under the Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS) another acronym the feds can add to their Websters sized acronym collection.

So, no doubt we'll be cutting into our savings well into the future, but I think of my friend Mike who's house was destroyed by Sandy, that house is coming down in a few days. His house which was left to him by his grand-mother which he rents has been listed as one which needs to be raise onto 10ft pilings - a job that will outweigh the amount of rent he could gather for years. He has 2 great kids and lives paycheck to paycheck, a 20% cut in pay means he will have to find a part time job, none of which are to be found. He is just one of a million or more stories because the Sequestration.

I don't see any bright-side to any of this. The proposed savings are BS, the dent in the 1.5 trillion looking to be cut is hardly scratched with a hopeful savings of 85 billion, so really why bother? I don't believe in this anymore than I believe taxing the wealthy at ridiculous rates. Penalizing people who are successful is against every capitalist bone in my body. I just see it causing more businesses to leave the states and the super rich changing their address to something other than this big chunk of land between Canada and Mexico. Closing ridiculous loopholes that few people and companies can make use of is another thing, that might cause most to say "well... that was great while it lasted" than adapt.

I surely don't want to play "the scornful Federal Employee" far from that. The 20% plus realistic unemployed in our country have far greater stories to share, and there is little to no light at the end of that tunnel. The 47% or whatever the number of those needed and/or abusing the system, many for the FIFTH generation now are killing the country, just as a town near me named Lakewood has turned into a huge Hasidic Jew populated town where nearly everyone is a "Student" and every other house a temple and the town has NO rateables and is going broke and unable to support a police department or any public services.

I cannot speak for anywhere buy here, but if I see a woman with more than 3 kids today, they are very likely on the government payroll. Few people here have more than one or two kids, three is very rare - that is the children and grandchildren of the boomers - the can't afford to raise any more than one or two and are responsible enough to stop there. There is NO INCENTIVE for the milkers of the welfare state to stop popping out as many kids as baby-daddies. This is the culture of those who have lived off our dime for decades, and just one reason we have 30 year old grandmothers walking the street pregnant.

It does go back to how much money the working class brings into the government and how much the milker such from the teats, that and more than a decade with two wars to pay for. Frankly, we are screwed, at least until the boomers are dead and gone which wont be long. With smaller families today, I foresee the US Population dropping - not counting the influx of immigrants, illegal or otherwise. But I don't see us sustaining 300 million in 20 years, this generation has volunteered larger family size for a more comfortable living where they may even save enough to put their kids through school and hopefully by then enter a booming workforce.

So, if you (like me) are under 55 and think medicare was something that we would just make by the skin of our teeth, expect a voucher system where the voucher likely isn't worth a "buy one whopper and get a second free" coupon, but no one will notice nor remember the sacrifice we give to hopefully someday see our country in the black (or at least single single trillion dollar deficit) again. A lot is being put on us all right now, we are going to experience the changes first hand, and sadly I cannot argue with anyone who says this goes back to bad Intel concerning weapons of mass destruction. If I had to point a finger at anyone, I'd point to all news worth events from the last two years of the Clinton and the first two of the Bush administrations. And if the whole thing were a bad dream, that please someone - wake us all up.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2013, 06:33:07 PM »

The 800 thousand directly effected in the DOD alone are sitting awaiting the Feds to

I don't see any bright-side to any of this. The proposed savings are BS, the dent in the 1.5 trillion looking to be cut is hardly scratched with a hopeful savings of 85 billion, so really why bother?

your second statement begs the question:  why are 800 thousand people impacted?  why is the WH closed to tours. why are the parks not ready to open?

they CUT NOTHING.  they made the rate of growth slightly smaller.

everything that is happening to you and everyone else is simply punishment for daring to tell the government that it can't have as much more as it wanted.  all this could have been avoided if the president and his senate had done a budget, as they are require by law to do, every year. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
sterling
Queen Bee

« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2013, 07:24:09 PM »

Beemaster said>>Frankly, we are screwed, at least until the boomers are dead and gone which wont be long

The boomers will go sooner then they should thanks to Obama Care. Taking 750 billion out of Medicare to help fund Obama Care is cutting some procedures already.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2013, 07:55:14 PM »

and doctors.   more and more are skipping the medicare and medical patients.  i expect to see the fix for that being a law that mandates doctors see a certain number of each.

Alexis de Tocqueville
sterling
Queen Bee

« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2013, 11:41:04 AM »

and doctors.   more and more are skipping the medicare and medical patients.  i expect to see the fix for that being a law that mandates doctors see a certain number of each.

I have a friend who has been on Medicare for five years and has Health Spring and has had the same doctor for years. The doctor is in a group situation with several other doctors. The last time my friend need a checkup he was put on a waiting list instead of going strait to his regular doctor. The doc told him it was because Medicare put the group on a limited amount of Medicare patience's they could see per month.
ch.cool
New Bee

« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2013, 08:13:03 AM »

Hey, I lost my only hive ,3 days ago I lost my job and Obama is talking about gun control. So, I have a interview next week, I will put up swarm traps because there is no money for bees and I got the shotgun from my father-in-law to fill the freezer with turkey meet. If nohing works out I leave you with Obama alone and move back to Germany even they a sozialist at least the economy is going really well and I'm able to feet the family.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2013, 11:55:30 AM »

move back to Germany even they a sozialist at least the economy is going really well and I'm able to feet the family.

you have to give the Germans credit for efficiency!  grin

but...if they keep bailing out the rest of the EU, they'll end up as broke as the rest of us.

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2013, 02:49:14 PM »

...  Few people here have more than one or two kids, three is very rare - It does go back to how much money the working class brings into the government and how much the milker such from the teats, ....we are screwed, ...until the boomers are dead and gone which wont be long. With smaller families today, I foresee the US Population dropping... I don't see us sustaining 300 million in 20 years, this generation has volunteered larger family size for a more comfortable living where they may even save enough to put their kids through school and hopefully ...enter a booming workforce.

The real concern is a dropping birth rate that at present will not replace the Baby Boomers once they find work pushing up daises.  The same thing that went wrong with the "Evil Empire" a.k.a. the old USSR is the thing that has overtaken the United States of America.  The old Soviet Union imploded because ethnic tentions between Russians and maybe a 100 other indigenous peoples had become unbearable.  The Westerners in the Soviet Union reacted to a growing unease that their own ethnic population and culture was waning and establishing their own nation state was the only way they had to address it.  The Russian ethnic group was the one most affected by this and Russians were the group most likely to have an abortion.  Think it over.  
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:40:20 PM by kingbee » Logged
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2013, 01:04:59 AM »

Not all sequestered workers are hurting as much as beemaster is, some are better off

http://www.washingtonguardian.com/federal-worker-double-dip
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2013, 01:30:21 AM »

The old Soviet Union imploded because ethnic tentions between Russians and maybe a 100 other indigenous peoples had become unbearable.  
Kingbee are you sipping moonshine and licking magic toads again?  Where pray tell are you getting your “history” from?  The USSR didn’t break up over ethnic tensions, the USSR was never a volunteer union!  They were occupied by the Russians after WW2. 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2013, 11:31:06 AM »

Mark Steyn wrote a good book called America Alone.  it's primarily about demographics around the world, what low birth rates have led to in other countries, and what we are facing.

part of the problem is that we are not getting married and having children at the young ages we used to.  if you put off having a family until you are in your 30's, you probably won't have but a couple of kids.

the main problem is a little more complicated.  when woodstock ended and the folks dug out of the mud, they needed a new party to attend.  the party became "OMG we are going to _______".  the blank can be filled with freeze, starve, run out of water, run out of oil, nuke each other, etc.  all of the OMG scenarios depended on man being evil and unable to solve problems. 

solution?  stop breeding.  thus was born the 0 population growth idea.  no family should have more than 2 children. problem was, only 1st worlders bought into it.  birth rates dropped steadily in all 1st word countries and the fastest rate of drop was among the most educated and productive.

result?  the educated and productive 1st worlders dwindled.  there were not enough people to do the work.  there are not enough people to support the educated population, who,  having given themselves generous "benefits" expect those to continue! 

solution?  for some countries, it has been to import cheap labor.  in europe, this has led to massive social disruption as the imported population overwhelms the fixed population.  in addition, the europeans have a generous social welfare system, so almost all of the imported labor draw on the welfare system to some extent.
even though the eurpeans have good education systems and lots of free stuff, there is not an expectation that people rise up and better themselves.  if they do, it's in spite of the system, not because it's expected.  rather than the immigrants coming up to the level of the fixed population, they remained at the bottom of the system and isolated.  while their labor keeps the counties grinding along, their socioeconomic status is a constant drain.

what about us?  we never got to the 0 population growth goal.  even so, our birth rates are much lower than they were.  so low that we can't support what we have promised. 
we have always had a cheap labor source by way of our immigration system.  and yes, we have had people come here and work illegally.  there was a time when even the illegals were a + to them and to us.  we also had a really good guest worker program.

why were we different?  when people came here, they came in search of a better life.  they had the expectation that, while they might start at the bottom, they did not need to stay there.  certainly their children did not need to stay there.  people already here had the expectation that new arrivals would move up.  we did not have a class system that kept people at both a psychological, and physical level of society.  we did not have a social welfare system that made it comfortable for people to stay at the bottom. 

what changed?  in the simplest terms, we created a class system.  we expanded our social welfare system.  we imported 3rd worlders.  we gave up the expectation that people do better and assimilate.  we elected pols who constantly point out the "them" and "you".  the 1% "who are out to take your stuff, and keep you down"!  we told people that they were entitled to enter the Shining City on the hill, but they didn't have to climb the hill to get there.

what's sad is that all this has been done before.  the blueprints for the destruction of free countries have been written.  the blueprints are being followed.  we were to stupid to see it.

what can we expect?  at best, we'll be like some of the european countries where our expectation is to slog through, and have a 30 day holiday once a year.  we'll pay higher and higher taxes and get more and more "free" stuff.  we will have a permanent underclass with no hope, no motivation, to do any better.  in fact, no expectation that they can do any better.
in the mean time, the 3rd worlders continue to increase in numbers.  they will eventually over-run every country.   they will probably do ok, but in the near future, they will bring down to their level, every society they over run. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/5994047/Muslim-Europe-the-demographic-time-bomb-transforming-our-continent.html

as an example: we had around 1000 muslims in this country in the early 70's.  we have over 9 million now.  some are immigrants, some converts, many born here because their birth rate is so high. 
is it a problem? depends.  are they americans who's religion is islam, or are the muslims who live in america?
we have a latino population that is demanding all kinds of stuff including return of territory and open borders. 

our education system and laws are influenced by all of this.  in a generation, the kids will not even learn the history of this country.  they will not know what we were.  what they will be taught is that we stole the land from the mexicans, and invaded the muslim countries for no reason, and had slaves. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next