Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 25, 2014, 08:50:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Sequestered!  (Read 8731 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2013, 07:03:32 PM »

in that the Bangor paper I linked was not in Kathy's citation of left winged media. 

where most local papers go horribly left is in the national and international media to which they link.  our local paper, The Oregonian is left in the way that Oregon is left.  there's usually a lead story about global warming and some nut chained up in a tree.  other than the weather, i'm not going to get much out of the local part. 
the front page is usually the NYT.  if it's not NYT, it's AP, especially for international stuff.  neither of those are unbiased sources of info, and not that accurate either.  why would i spend my money on a local paper that gives me no useful local news and slanted national and international news?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2013, 07:25:23 PM »

I don't buy papers either... I do get one thrown in my driveway weekly that I guess is left over from the previous owner... It does come in handy lighting the fire all winter.

Sugarbush Bees
gdoten
House Bee

« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2013, 08:49:54 AM »

I'm genuinely interested to hear WHERE people WOULD like to see cuts (unless, of course, it's the same old welfare argument). Is there anything you would be willing to see cut, or just not anything that personally hurts you? SOMEONE is going to get hurt by cuts.

How many military furlough days could be funded again with the money that is thrown at NPR?

-glenn-
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2013, 05:32:19 PM »

Active duty Military haven't been furloughed. So the answer is none. Private DOD contractors have been Furloughed... Jobs the Mil should be doing for themselves to begin with.

As an example check out Government Liquidation. This is a private company that now handles all of the DODs public auctions of military surplus equipment. I have bought a few trucks through the program which was previously handled by DRMO directly. So for a running truck that I paid $1400.00 for the DOD received 40% of the sale price and Government liquidation gets 60% plus a 10% buyers premium. This was done to "save tax dollars", but now they give away 60% of the sale price instead of it being handled by military personnel and the Government getting 100% of the proceeds. The last sale I bought Trucks (2) from had 90 trucks up for sale and they each brought between 1000-6000 each. That is a lot of lost revenue. 

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2013, 05:49:52 PM »

Jobs the Mil should be doing for themselves to begin with.

"peace dividend"

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2013, 06:28:38 AM »

Anybody watch the Paul Filibuster on Wed on C-span? It is pretty hard to argue that he isn't fringe after his Alice in Wonderland monologue.

ALICE NEVER FELL DOWN A RABBIT HOLE AND THE WHITE QUEEN'S CAUSTIC JUDGMENTS ARE NOT REALLY A THREAT TO YOUR SECURITY.
00:01:50    OR HAS AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL BECOME ALICE'S WONDERLAND?
00:01:54    NO, NO, SAID THE QUEEN.
00:01:57    SENTENCE FIRST; VERDICT AFTERWARDS.
00:02:01    STUFF AND NONSENSE, ALICE SAID WIDELY -- LOUDLY.
00:02:04    THE IDEA OF HAVING THE SENTENCE FIRST?
00:02:07    HOLD YOUR TONGUE, SAID THE QUEEN, TURNING PURPLE.
00:02:11    I WON'T, SAID ALICE.

12 hrs and 49 minutes of this non-sence and then he just says... I am not going to block the nomination any longer....

Sugarbush Bees
jpmeir
New Bee

Yesterday was the only easy day

« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2013, 10:16:29 AM »

I was "informed" this week my tricare insurance is being downgraded cuz i live more than 40 miles from a military base... I stood 26 years on that wall with the promise I'd be given a fair shake and this is how I'm rewarded.  Sad  angry angry

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2013, 11:39:25 AM »

Anybody watch the Paul Filibuster on Wed on C-span? It is pretty hard to argue that he isn't fringe after his Alice in Wonderland monologue.
12 hrs and 49 minutes of this non-sence and then he just says... I am not going to block the nomination any longer....

i watched quite a bit of it.  guess that's why i know what the filibuster was for?  and that it was a success.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2013, 11:42:05 AM »

I was "informed" this week my tricare insurance is being downgraded cuz i live more than 40 miles from a military base... I stood 26 years on that wall with the promise I'd be given a fair shake and this is how I'm rewarded.

when my father retired, he as told that he would have free medial care for the rest of his life and be able to use any military hospital...well, not so much.  they were switched to tri-care years ago and now medicare.

it is with great sadness that i no longer recommend the military as a career.  between the social engineering and the broken promises.... and the PC crap, it's not worth it anymore.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2013, 12:19:15 PM »

ALICE NEVER FELL DOWN A RABBIT HOLE AND THE WHITE QUEEN'S CAUSTIC JUDGMENTS ARE NOT REALLY A THREAT TO YOUR SECURITY.
00:01:50    OR HAS AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL BECOME ALICE'S WONDERLAND?
00:01:54    NO, NO, SAID THE QUEEN.
00:01:57    SENTENCE FIRST; VERDICT AFTERWARDS.
00:02:01    STUFF AND NONSENSE, ALICE SAID WIDELY -- LOUDLY.
00:02:04    THE IDEA OF HAVING THE SENTENCE FIRST?
00:02:07    HOLD YOUR TONGUE, SAID THE QUEEN, TURNING PURPLE.
00:02:11    I WON'T, SAID ALICE.

I too watched quite a bit of it. Your quotes are accurate. In context, Paul's words were  anything but "fringe". Keep trying!
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2013, 06:34:16 PM »

What was it for? He wasted the tax payers money for almost 13 hrs over something he knows full well, with or without the filibuster, he would not have the support to block. He would have better served his constituency by simply standing up and saying his piece and sitting back down again. 

This is the type of activity that the media is selling as"obstructionist". 

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2013, 07:44:10 PM »

bluegrass, since you failed to inform yourself before going down this path, i'll give you a chance at redemption  grin  look up what he said.  in less than 5 min of reading or listening, you'll know what it was for and why he had support from many dems as well.

Alexis de Tocqueville
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2013, 06:03:34 AM »

I was curious what your interpretation of "his reasons" are?

I am anti-filibuster on all fronts... I am glad that they threaten to do it more than they actually do because it irritates me to no end. If any of us deliberately held up everybody in our work place for 12 hrs we would get fired.   

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2013, 11:59:54 AM »

way to avoid the issue!

the filibuster is a tool of the senate.  like it or not, it exists and on rare occasions, it is used. 

i don't really mind if the "work" is held up.  the more they do, the more we lose.  it's not like they do their job anyway.  where are the budgets that they are required by law to do each year?  if they were doing that, we wouldn't have these other debates.

I was curious what your interpretation of "his reasons" are?

again, if you bother to do even a little of your own work, you would not need to ask. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2013, 02:59:52 PM »

I am anti-filibuster on all fronts...  If any of us deliberately held up everybody in our work place for 12 hrs we would get fired.   

Then what is your position on the Union Shop and strikes?  Is not a strike, a picket line, a sit down, or other work stoppage a filibuster?  I think so.  And what is the purpose of a strike?  Is it not so that the workers can have a way to address grievances?  A filibuster is nothing but a strike and the men and women conducting it are forcing the other side to reconsider and often times compromise.  The compromise is not always on the subject being filibustered as was the case this time.

A filibuster has in it a way to end it peacefully, in a strike sometimes nothing less than armed intervention by the government and blood shed will suffice to end it.

The path you wish for in my estimation leads to gangs of armed ruffians whose only job it will become is to intimidate, threaten, or assault one government faction or the other in order to maintain some semblance of Teutonic "order."

We have seen this in the past with Benito Mussolini's Black Shirts, the Brown Shirts of the Sturmabteilung or SA and the  Black uniforms of the SS, not to mention Mao's fanatic disciples whose job it became to stifle descent and who used mob actions to enforce the musings of a mad man scribbled down in Mao's "Little Red Book".

Obama's Attorney General E. Holder had opened the possibility of using drone strikes on US soil to kill US citizens who are neither under indictment or who are un convicted of a capital crime.  The actions of only one US Senator forced Obama to make public statements that he would not use this new power on US soil against American citizens. 

Yes I know that you are thinking "What good is that, assurances only mean something if you are dealing with a sane and honest man of integrity and the President is not such a man."  However bluegrass there will now be blow back or political consequences for the President if Obama goes back on his word.  I for one would prefer that the Senate filibustered every piece of legislation if it would mean that we the people didn't have to repent at leasure the laws that the Senate enacts in haste.   
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2013, 03:06:05 PM »

goodpost

did you get impatient waiting to see if he'd look it us?   grin

i would add that since oversight is one of the jobs of congress, he was doing his job by forcing a clarification.

Alexis de Tocqueville
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2013, 08:18:38 PM »

What was it for? He wasted the tax payers money for almost 13 hrs over something he knows full well, with or without the filibuster, he would not have the support to block. He would have better served his constituency by simply standing up and saying his piece and sitting back down again. 

This is the type of activity that the media is selling as"obstructionist". 

I guess wasting tax payer money is expected in Washington. Mr. Obama and Mrs. Obama do that on a regular basis flying around the world vacationing. In seperate airplanes no less.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2013, 09:35:58 AM »

It was mentioned that Contractors have been laid-off and then you stopped - why not finish it and mention the 800 thousand -1.2 million people FEDERAL EMPLYEES who will be Furloughed to 80 their salary, with 32 hour work weeks, every week. That is a lot of people, not just me complaining, but everyone Federal Goverment Wide.

I am most concerner with the Navaal Fleet because it is what we do. The safe operation f Catapulting and Arresting Air-Craft safely is a Carriers number one mission.

We as A Support Facility are likely to be weakened in working 4 day scheduled days a week, but more importantly, testing and repair launch valves from EVERY active carrier. We have to steam at least 24 hours before the equipment needs our high pressure settings. With our steam, WHOOOOOSH and away go Jets.

I Think of the play All My Sons and wonder if that is what we might see because of cuts at the very places they are needed. North Korea sounds ready and cocky enough to launch somewhere, or anywhere.

And while we are busy cutting bases, etc down to Monday through Thursday every week. Launching Jets is bacically a 72 hour ordeal, that is, no time alloted even if maintenance is required during the budget cost.

I'm saying that I see where cuts will effect the fleet as a whole.

those 5000 aboard a Carrier, should have 100% tested and calibrate equipment at all time - we owe them that much.

We are going to see economical numbers PEAK SOON, then over a month greatly decline. Real unemployment numbers will be shown, and new people just applying for the first time - their data is more accurate. We are about to dump a part of our BEST AND BRIGHTEST Federal Employees to private industry. We maintain our substructure badly and it will all crumble at once.

No matter how the furlough effects me will not tempt me to move on in vocations. But bright young and Navy Trained (talking about civilians) who can enter the government and found placement in the Pentagon in 4 years.

You can (with merit) go from Entry to Supervisor, not on longevity, but by capabilities. Example if two guys have nearly 30 years, but the one is better than the other, there should never be a reason to not promote on workplace leadership power. The Feds usually worked, we have been RIDUCTION IN WORKFORCE and MEOed and BRAC - we were hoping for some srability our againg work force. We all will be happy to retire, within 10 years, we all will be gone.

I hope it is done smartly. I see myself likely working 2 days and 2 evening or midnight shifts, covering for others on furloughed days. It will be a nightmare of the time card.

If WE can give 8 hours unoaid leave a week to help fix our economy, then Welfare Reciepiences will agree to be drug urine testing. To assure the money we give to their family, feeds their family. We have to stop the Madness and get HALF of that 47% off of Welfare if you Piss-tested them - imagine the money we would have if we didn't have to cut checks to 23 million people. But that is unconstitutional - WTH??

Oh... and FAA is tossing around the idea for you to carry a KNIFE again... Really? Guess toenail clippers were too dangerous to start with. so the went right for the knife. Didn't know so many people carried knives with them, how many on a plane I wonder, three or thirty??

I think of a comedy skit by this guy who weighed about 500 pounds and he said on stage "You know what's involved for me to have to put my shoes on after they were searched" I thought, likely he has a helper to reach his feet and revelcro his sneakers when they get them on. I figured he'd need 2 helpers or tie up traffic.

Any way. Still awaiting a letter or announcement from the Secretary of Defense in my goverment email box. Lying down the days, although we have to stay lit with at least ONE man 247. all ten of us will be working a shift at least 1 time, likely 2 during our 4 day week.

Enough, God Bless our men and women who serve in our countries name - in ports and bases around the globe - bless you all.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2013, 10:04:57 AM »

why not finish it and mention the 800 thousand -1.2 million people FEDERAL EMPLYEES who will be Furloughed to 80 their salary, with 32 hour work weeks, every week. That is a lot of people, not just me complaining, but everyone Federal Goverment Wide.

one might wonder why we have 800 thousand to 1.2 million federal employes to be furloughed?

We as A Support Facility are likely to be weakened in working 4 day scheduled days a week, but more importantly, testing and repair launch valves from EVERY active carrier. We have to steam at least 24 hours before the equipment needs our high pressure settings. With our steam, WHOOOOOSH and away go Jets.

while we need shipyards and shipyard workers, with fewer ships and fewer ships being deployed, we might not need so many?

I'm saying that I see where cuts will effect the fleet as a whole.

they already are.  the cuts and cost saving measures have been going on for the last several years and are reaching critical mass.  4 years ago, one of my sons ship was put into port in the middle of a deployment because of fuel costs.  we have ships sitting in port that should be out to sea and ships deployed that sit more in overseas ports than sail.  that, with fewer and fewer ships in the fleet.
i'm sure the other services are having problems as well. 

If WE can give 8 hours unoaid leave a week to help fix our economy, then Welfare Reciepiences will agree to be drug urine testing. To assure the money we give to their family, feeds their family. We have to stop the Madness and get HALF of that 47% off of Welfare if you Piss-tested them - imagine the money we would have if we didn't have to cut checks to 23 million people. But that is unconstitutional - WTH??

absolutely.  every single  program that gets federal dollars, should be getting cut.  they are not.  every government welfare program is now called an "entitlement" and they are off limits.  until we are ready to address the welfare system and the SSI and medicare system, we can't begin to solve the fiscal problems we face.

Oh... and FAA is tossing around the idea for you to carry a KNIFE again... Really? Guess toenail clippers were too dangerous to start with. so the went right for the knife. Didn't know so many people carried knives with them, how many on a plane I wonder, three or thirty??

i don't have a problem with that.  not one potential attack since 9/11 has been stopped by TSA.  every one has been stopped by passengers.  yes, you run the risk of having armed attackers on a plane....withe 2 1/2 inch knives, but you also have a plane load of armed passengers with the same. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2013, 11:51:35 AM »

I'm genuinely interested to hear WHERE people WOULD like to see cuts (unless, of course, it's the same old welfare argument). Is there anything you would be willing to see cut, or just not anything that personally hurts you? SOMEONE is going to get hurt by cuts.

How many military furlough days could be funded again with the money that is thrown at NPR?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NPR  -- This details their budget.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next