Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 24, 2014, 12:09:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Sequestered!  (Read 8224 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: March 01, 2013, 07:04:15 PM »

Okay, you know who,  our President spoke to the camera's and had the freaking balls to have a talk with reporters about his BELIEFS in same sex marriage - he announced today he strives for that. Same benefits in a word crumbling today.

At midnight, I "WILL" be furloughed, I will be on a 4 day work-week ALL the way to Fiscal Year October , 2014. So, to get to it - I will be working 32 hour weeks AT LEAST until October, with a slim chance we'll see a compromise mid-month in March.

That is in dollars for you people who like having money, the average GS10 or lower grade will lose $600-$800 a month income.

To best describe it, we will lose ONE Month's worth of DAYS from now to October.

Trust me, I'm worried about my coworkers, who have saved well, always expecting a try for retirement, but always too young - but most have saved money, other live check to check.

I have 25 years service between the Navy and Air Force (same facility, three facilities McGuire Air Force Base, Lakehurst Naval Air and Fort Dix Army, NJ are all one base now - only 3Branch at one huge facility) well, That's 30,000 people effected in a 30 mile radius - it's gonna hurt so, so many people.

We as a country have failed ourselves, we have let a ideology so "Left" come into power,  it is stealing what remains of morals and principles. Just check out the Kindle add on TV with a straight and gay couple on the beach,  I'll make no judgement except on People's private matters But to have prime time commercials, the kids are watching it around the TV like most of America - a TV's never too far to see.

It just sickens me, to think I give our country a good day's work. I'm not a slouch and we have a job (a mere 10 of us) keep a high pressure power plant running 24/7/365 - ten of us. Jet's cannot fly off a carrier too long with out the incredible manufacturing Hangars here at Lakehurst. We make several things for the NAVY: catapult support and design and manufacturing - these huge pistons shoot Air Craft from carrier decks. We also make the cable (called Arresting Cable) catches the jets when they land on the carrier's deck. Lakehurst is pivotal to Air Carriers, also making the automated "landing light Units" that  assists helicoptor pilots to land on a flight deck - imagine 30 foot waves, and fully depend on a never failed auto pilot assist using red, green and I believe blue lights. We do all that here and we're proud.

But I think after today you are going to an exodus of  federal government employees from cost to coast - by civilians, Many are just making it and then being faced with either a pay cut or a furlough - decision not up to them, because, you will be cattle like your fellow Feds (and everyone it trickles down too, I know the mom and pop businesses to the I know you need it more than me, and I'm feeling for them and reaching out, I hope they survive.

Wait for the unemployment numbers shoot up again. There are lots of extremely talent engineers who well worth earn their pays, to see private industry get them because they had to change or lose that $500K home they are mortgaged to death with.

I think this Sequestering could be something that causes this levy to break. Whatever we can do to pick the next president in from the right, and the likely young guns - Ryan and Rubio (sp) and Ron Paul's kid are all HOT Prospectives  for the Country and the Right. We need another real leader, someone what has character and valves and charisma. We need what the sixties saw in JFK, and I can only hope we turn this train around, cause there is nothing ahead of us.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 07:17:32 PM »

sorry this has hit you.  since the federal government refuses to deal with the real spending problems, this is the way it is. 

when you think about it, it kind of surprising that there are any effects at all.  this is 85 billion out of several trillion.  only 1/2 to be cut now.  it's about 2% and it's not a real cut in spending. it's a cut in the rate of increase in spending.

so...why is anyone getting furloughed, cut, etc?  i have a feeling that this has more to do with punishing the public than real need to do much, if any, cutting of jobs.  what were they going to spend that relatively small amount of money on?  not keeping you in your job. that's already factored in. 

anyway, it's getting us too and lots of people we know.  even so, i am in favor of this if this is what it takes to get the attention of the people in Washington.  better this, than more tax hikes.  those will hurt more in the long run.
until they deal with the entitlement programs, we are all bent over.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 07:25:52 PM »

You are caught up in the showdown. They are trying to make the most cuts where it will cause the largest outcry to justify higher taxes.( Releasing detained illegals, it would have been a good opportunity for deportation).
 Even the left has admitted to far more than 85 billion in fraudulent waste that could have been dealt with. But no,we need to create a crisis for more tax increases. Ever dollar in tax increase and every new regulation is a direct assault on freedom.
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 07:49:25 PM »

And today Obama said, " If the economy fails in the next month, two months, six months. it will be the republicans fault." ...wow, it couldn't possibly be the tax increases piled onto the tax payers by Obama. Oh no, never this mans fault. I have never seen a president so able to disconnect himself from responsibility for anything.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 08:45:03 PM »

most of the press has done a poor job of explaining this...no surprise.  they are making it sound like there is some big slash in spending.  here they are wringing their hands over loss of federal money for this and that.

the one big thing that people should take from this is to see how much of their lives the federal government has it's hands in.  schools, hospitals, tons of programs, ....the list they went over tonight was shocking even to me, and i know how much they shovel out.  none of this stuff is stuff that the federal government should be funding.  2% is not enough. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 08:57:32 PM »

I'm betting the welfare checks and food stamps won't be cut. Nor the free phones.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 10:14:58 PM »

I left out that we have not seen a raise in 3 years and the sequester calls for two more years pay freeze. 5 years no cola raise and 20% cut in my hours.

Minimum wage is catching up to us slowly, and children can go to school at 3 years age- really, wait for ax to drop on healthcare.

If skilled Heath care workers and day care bite the bullet too, who will watch generation-text babies.

Oh wait of course their parents both working to make it.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 11:00:57 PM »

i am confident that the one place the ax won't drop is on health care.  there may be changes to medicare, but it is on the way out anyway.  single payer will replace it.

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 02:32:08 PM »

"Never allow a good crisis to go to waste!" ---Obama Administration Chief of Staff Rohm Emanuel.

I guess that also means if you don't have a crisis manufacture one.
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 04:33:13 PM »

My Father in law is sequestered too... he only loses one day a month though. Oddly his response is completely different from yours... He thinks we need to get rid of the Republican Obstructionists.

Remember that Phrase.. It is going to win some Democrats some seats in 2 years.

I just shake my head when Government Employees complain about their work situation... How many holidays do you get paid per year.. 9 right... I get 3 in the private sector. How many PTO days do you get? 29ish? Most people work a full year to get 7 days off.

Those poor, poor government workers.  

Rand Paul would try and take your Goberment job away completely.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:49:04 PM by bluegrass » Logged

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 05:03:58 PM »

Republican Obstructionists

some examples?

your reference for this?

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 05:13:37 PM »

...  I just shake my head when Government Employees complain about their work situation... Those poor, poor government workers.... 

The average US Government Civilian Worker only makes $130.000 per year total in both salary and benefits like their PTO or their pentions and holidays.  The only problem most Government employees have with the congress is that Congress is a pay grade or two higher than themselves.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/26/taxpayers-spent-1-4-billion-on-obama-family-last-year-perks-questioned-in-new-book

Would you like to see how much your government employee brother-in-law who still owes you a 100 bucks on the Super Bowl makes?  Then click on the link below.
http://php.app.com/fed_employees11/search.php
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 05:16:35 PM »

http://www.dailypaul.com/275313/rand-paul-sequester-is-a-pittance-2-19-2013

He wants larger cuts than Sequestration has given us. He completely wants to eliminate HUD, Dept Education and Dept Commerce... Those are all Government Jobs. If you watch the video he talks about needing cuts to the DOD which is currently taking the biggest cuts.

Sugarbush Bees
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 05:19:23 PM »

I would love to be a Government Employee again, even with a 32 hr work week. I have a 32 hr work week now, have for 4 years. I also have a second job to make up the difference.

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 09:11:14 PM »

He wants larger cuts than Sequestration has given us

and i would agree with him.  we do not create agencies to give people jobs.  we create them because there is a need.  if we find there is no longer a need, the agencies need to go. 
as for the DOD, we do need to make cuts especially in civilian workforce and redundant/wasteful programs.  we also need to change the way we fund the military.

i don't think most people realize that one of the main ways Clinton got his "peace dividend" was by shrinking the active duty, but growing the government worker force.  people fuss about Halliburton during the Bush admin, but it was Clinton that really ushered them into the position of replacing military members.  they took over stuff like laundry, meals, construction, and security.  all things that the military would traditionally done for themselves....at a lower price.  different pot of money.  bottom line looks nice for the prez.

consider the cost of the public sector worker.  yes, he pays taxes, but he is not supported by his taxes.  how many private sector workers does it take to support one public worker...and his retirement and benefits?  this is a calculation that needs to be made, especially when the economy is weak.  fewer private sector workers supporting an ever growing (or even static) public sector, is not adding to the economy.  in fact, it has the potential to pull the economy further down.

which is not the same as this:

Alexis de Tocqueville
beek1951
House Bee

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 11:22:40 PM »

I guess I'm gonna have to take off one day a week, oh wait
I don't have a job <g>. I'm already living off cat food and
government cheese, makes a darn good tuna melt with week
old bread <g>. Retired and staying that way!!!!!
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 08:20:33 AM »

And there in lies the problem.

You want more cuts. The OP wants more Republican's in office, but doesn't want them to touch his job. I think we need cuts, but will never get them because the minute you cut anything it hurts somebodies wallet... Put Paul in and if he were able to make the cuts he would want; he would be a 1 term President and the next Congress would reverse those cuts because their election to that office would be based on that promise.

Your premise that Private sector employees cost less than public is flawed. I once had a debate with a UPS truck driver who had similar ideals about the federal budget as you do. I pointed out that his job was pretty heavily subsidized by the Government. He disagreed so I looked up the Federal Contracts UPS holds and they were worth, as I recall, about a 1/4 of their annual revenue. He naturally disagreed that those were keeping UPS afloat, so I told him to write his Rep and demand that they save money and give all the Government shipping contracts back to the USPS. He just laughed and I am fairly certain didn't send any letters Wink

There are very few civilian Jobs in this country that are not subsidized by the Federal dollar. I know mine is.

But Mark my words... Republicans are burning their own bridges right now. Obstructionist Republicans is a pretty catchy phrase and while it is doubtful it will win Obama a Super Majority for his last two years... it could, and many of the Republican's are not even smart enough to see it.   
It will not be long and Sequestration will start hitting people in their pockets... and the Republican's are going to be the ones to get the blame.

Sugarbush Bees
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 08:38:53 AM »

You are absolutely right, Blue.

Republican's offer to the normal citizen is a job working 40 hours a week for 15 to 20 thousand annually.

Democrat's offer to the normal citizen is 25 to 30 thousand annually for making babies and smoking dope, or whatever they might want to do.

Not a hard choice to make, but the end result down the road is not so bright.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 10:06:34 AM »

There are very few civilian Jobs in this country that are not subsidized by the Federal dollar. I know mine is.

but it shouldn't be.  if it is, that's another place i'd cut.  that said, even if 1/4 of UPS contract is from the government, that's not quite the same as being a government employee, is it? 
Obstructionist Republicans is a pretty catchy phrase and while it is doubtful it will win Obama a Super Majority for his last two years... it could, and many of the Republican's are not even smart enough to see it.   
It will not be long and Sequestration will start hitting people in their pockets... and the Republican's are going to be the ones to get the blame.

at this point, there are a lot of us who are willing to take the hit in the pocketbook and politically to try to get things under control.  it's now or never and fortunately, a lot of people seem to be waking up to that.  obstruct away!!

Alexis de Tocqueville
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 12:00:55 PM »

but it shouldn't be.  if it is, that's another place i'd cut.  that said, even if 1/4 of UPS contract is from the government, that's not quite the same as being a government employee, is it? 

at this point, there are a lot of us who are willing to take the hit in the pocketbook and politically to try to get things under control.  it's now or never and fortunately, a lot of people seem to be waking up to that.  obstruct away!!

Whether it should be or shouldn't isn't the point. The point is that those seen as impeding passage of funding these jobs, are going to reap the rewards of loosing their seats. The voting public is largely a sleeping giant. Some of us vote very election for the sake of voting, many don't vote until they feel the impact of not doing so... Then they will take their frustration out of the people standing in the way of them and their Paycheck.

Sugarbush Bees
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next