Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 03:17:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Sequestered!  (Read 8687 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2013, 09:35:18 AM »

Lets not forget Kathy that a few short month ago everything you said about the Election and what the results would be was completely wrong.

i don't remember what i said.  i thought i predicted an obama win?

I am only only one person responding to basically hoards of extremists grin So I have to be selective about what I answer or I end up with 10 different people expecting me to respond to everything they all say.

see, i go to the rabidly liberal sites to sharpen my arguments.  i am absolutely sure that no one here has ever treated you, as a conservative is treated on a liberal site!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2013, 10:38:34 AM »

This exchange comes to mind from the VP thread.
(Me)Romney and Ryan need to get on the same page or they will have big problems.

(You)it's not about the page.  it's about the book.  it's a big one and I don't think you quite have the plot yet.   

I am sure we will have plenty of opportunity to digress into the realm of how fringe Paul is come 2015. I predict his presidential bid will look a lot like that of his father's... I will also predict that Christie will be the nominee of the GOP... And the Fringe element will again be disappointed and grow ever more loud and obnoxious.   

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2013, 10:48:30 AM »

(You)it's not about the page.  it's about the book.  it's a big one and I don't think you quite have the plot yet. 

ok...not sure how that fits in...

I am sure we will have plenty of opportunity to digress into the realm of how fringe Paul is come 2015. I predict his presidential bid will look a lot like that of his father's... I will also predict that Christie will be the nominee of the GOP... And the Fringe element will again be disappointed and grow ever more loud and obnoxious.

i'm not sure he's running
if he became like his father, i'd consider him fringe and not want to vote for him
Christie is good for NJ, but i wouldn't want him as prez.

please give some examples of loud and obnoxious.

the reason i ask for you to give examples is that you tend to throw out statements and accusations, but you never back up what you say.  we don't agree and that's ok. i'm happy to have to debate, but debate needs to be based on facts...or at least your version of facts.  to further the debate, i need to know your basis for thought.
i'm not trying to trap you, i'm trying to understand why you think the way you think.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2013, 10:49:55 AM »

BTW...you seem to have no problem doing searches on this site.  searching for old stuff here is far harder than using Google to find what you need to back what you say. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2013, 11:33:52 AM »

I really feel for you, beemaster! But isn't this furlough exactly the kind of cut in spending that conservatives want? Or only when it doesn't personally hurt? It's really tough, and I hate to see others suffer, truly. But as farmers we haven't had a pay raise in 18 years of marriage--got our insurance taken away right before the kids were born (so I had to get an outside job to have health ins), nothing towards retirement, not even a holiday party. So I feel for you, but we've been moving backwards our entire lives. Just had to take on extra jobs and cut more and more to make it work.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 01:04:19 PM by luvin honey » Logged

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2013, 11:35:33 AM »

I would love to be a Government Employee again, even with a 32 hr work week. I have a 32 hr work week now, have for 4 years. I also have a second job to make up the difference.
Here, too. Just lost health insurance at my workplace last year, so now we purchase privately and have a $10,000 deductible. Makes a person kind of nervous.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2013, 11:44:58 AM »

I really feel for you, beemaster! But isn't this furlough exactly the kind of cut in spending that conservatives want? Or only when it doesn't personally hurt?

LOL

you are a perfect example of why so many of us want to see NPR lose government funding. 

no budget for years.  ever increasing spending and printing of money.  no growth in the economy.  high unemployment.  inflation. 
the best you can do is blame republicans for allowing a 2% cut IN THE RATE OF INCREASE in spending.  maybe you should ask yourself how we got here?  couldn't be that the president changed the demands mid game?  couldn't be that the president didn't want to have the latitude to make less painful cuts?  why would he turn that down...a thinking person might ask?  might there be something in this for him...perish the thought.

the cut is in the rate of increase.  why would that impact anyone currently working, or any program currently in place? 

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2013, 11:56:57 AM »

It's happening in our state (Gov Walker familiar to anyone) under a Republican. It hurts when it happens, motives are questioned every time. I blame Congress for most things, as the president doesn't seem to have that much power over budgets, whichever party is in power.

As for NPR, I realize it's probably not vicious or biased enough to appeal to many people on this forum.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2013, 12:10:32 PM »

It's happening in our state (Gov Walker familiar to anyone) under a Republican.

what's happening?

As for NPR, I realize it's probably not vicious or biased enough to appeal to many people on this forum.

i find that most liberals are so unused to being challenged, or having to back up what they say, that they are shocked when it happens.  if you want vicious, i'll invite you over to some place like daily kos or democrat underground when i go there to play.  if you think you have seen vicious here, you do not know the definition.

NPR is biased.  to the left.  that's why you find it such an attractive source of info.

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2013, 12:29:19 PM »

If I wanted left, I'd be listening to left talk radio. Can't stand listening to only 1 viewpoint. I like WPR since there are always 2 viewpoints (or more) being discussed.

Am I supposed to be impressed with the level of viciousness you can tolerate? I'm not. I think it's sad that people can't seem to talk anymore without slinging insults.

There have been big cuts in our state, including people being forced on furlough, under a Republican. When it happens under a R, you all think it's wonderful, effective and needed. When it happens under a D, ALL motives and effectiveness are questioned. It gets old.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2013, 12:56:12 PM »

What do you perceive to be the way I think? And what "claims" have I made that need to be backed up?

I don't see you backing up your claims all that often... For example NPR being left bent.

For loud and obnoxious... Multiple times on here you have mentioned entitlements and free cell phones and how handouts buy votes.. etc... And you continue to occasionally bring up those same points even though if you look at the top states for "foodstamp" recipients they are pretty evenly divided blue/red.

Sugarbush Bees
gdoten
House Bee

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2013, 12:57:51 PM »

I think it's sad that people can't seem to talk anymore without slinging insults.

Yes, it is sad.

-glenn-
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2013, 01:02:21 PM »

I think it's sad that people can't seem to talk anymore without slinging insults.

Yes, it is sad.
Yes, I guess I was being insulting. It was in response to Kathy's comment directed at me "you are a perfect example of why so many of us want to see NPR lose government funding."

But gdoten you haven't been on here long enough to see what mob attacks happen when a person dares to have a nonconservative viewpoint on this forum.

It's enlightening, but not surprising, that Kathy spends time on liberal forums just to sharpen her arguments. Just kind of sad, since it doesn't DO anything. Just makes her better able to argue.

I'm genuinely interested to hear WHERE people WOULD like to see cuts (unless, of course, it's the same old welfare argument). Is there anything you would be willing to see cut, or just not anything that personally hurts you? SOMEONE is going to get hurt by cuts.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
gdoten
House Bee

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2013, 01:17:37 PM »

I don't see you backing up your claims all that often... For example NPR being left bent.

Bent?! You've got to be kidding. After listening to NPR for many years it is not possible to come to any other conclusion than NPR is highly biased to the left, worse, to the progressive left. Diane Rhem likes to pretend the shows she does are always oh-so-civil. But it doesn't take much for an open-minded person to see how she yells at and belittles non-liberal believers. She is so smarmy it turns the stomach, no matter what your political bent is. Once in a blue moon both my wife and I will be listening to her at the same time on a car ride, we both crack up laughing when she does her "HOW CAN YOU THINK SUCH A THING" comment when someone disagrees with the party line. Oh she may not be yelling like she's in a mosh pit at a punk rock show, but she is mentally berating the speaker. I'd rather be outright yelled at than have these sort of mind games foisted on me, all in an attempt to manipulate my political point of view.

And that's just one highly biased show out of many. Fresh Air with Terry Gross? OMG just listen! And on and on.

Look at how they treated Juan Williams, for chrissake! A blatant, 100% politically motivated move for this great "lets hear all points of view" radio network.

If you don't think NPR is highly biased to the left then you are either simply not listening or that is your only source.

-glenn-
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2013, 01:17:49 PM »

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/06/16/book-liberal-media-distorts-news-bias

i have done this for you before by posting the UCLA research, but since you seem not to have read it, here is an article that breaks it out a bit.  it won't strain you to much.  you only have to scroll down the page.

For loud and obnoxious... Multiple times on here you have mentioned entitlements and free cell phones and how handouts buy votes.. etc... And you continue to occasionally bring up those same points even though if you look at the top states for "foodstamp" recipients they are pretty evenly divided blue/red.

i guess loud and obnoxious is a subjective description.  maybe like "bush did it"?

What do you perceive to be the way I think? And what "claims" have I made that need to be backed up?

currently, as i have highlighted, the obstructionist claim.  in general, any assertion you make, you should be able to back up.

But gdoten you haven't been on here long enough to see what mob attacks happen when a person dares to have a nonconservative viewpoint on this forum.

it seems that the majority of us are conservative to one degree or another.  if all of us express an opinion different from yours, that's not a mob attack.  that's all of us expressing an opinion different from yours.

It's enlightening, but not surprising, that Kathy spends time on liberal forums just to sharpen her arguments. Just kind of sad, since it doesn't DO anything. Just makes her better able to argue.

and better able to take the mob attack without getting my feelings hurt.  evil

I'm genuinely interested to hear WHERE people WOULD like to see cuts (unless, of course, it's the same old welfare argument). Is there anything you would be willing to see cut, or just not anything that personally hurts you? SOMEONE is going to get hurt by cuts.

absolutely everything.  it is most important that we address the entitlement programs because that's the majority of our expense and it's growing, but nothing should be off the table.  and i'm talking about real cuts.  not cuts in the rate of growth.  
i'd say start with 10% across the board.  let the departments choose where to make those cuts, but if they can't do it, congress would do it for them.  i bet you'd see the waste gone in a heartbeat.  

people want the tax rates of clinton?  fine.  have the same spending,  and i'd go for the tax rates until our debt is paid.  wouldn't take long.

is it going to hurt?  yes.  why?  because people and states have gotten used to stuff flowing from the federal government.  cut it off.  take the pain.  remember that the government can't give until it first takes.

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2013, 01:25:15 PM »

Bent?! You've got to be kidding. After listening to NPR for many years it is not possible to come to any other conclusion than NPR is highly biased to the left, worse, to the progressive left. Diane Rhem likes to pretend the shows she does are always oh-so-civil. But it doesn't take much for an open-minded person to see how she yells at and belittles non-liberal believers. She is so smarmy it turns the stomach, no matter what your political bent is. Once in a blue moon both my wife and I will be listening to her at the same time on a car ride, we both crack up laughing when she does her "HOW CAN YOU THINK SUCH A THING" comment when someone disagrees with the party line. Oh she may not be yelling like she's in a mosh pit at a punk rock show, but she is mentally berating the speaker. I'd rather be outright yelled at than have these sort of mind games foisted on me, all in an attempt to manipulate my political point of view.

And that's just one highly biased show out of many. Fresh Air with Terry Gross? OMG just listen! And on and on.

Look at how they treated Juan Williams, for chrissake! A blatant, 100% politically motivated move for this great "lets hear all points of view" radio network.

If you don't think NPR is highly biased to the left then you are either simply not listening or that is your only source.
Usually more than 2 options--another one is that we don't get the programming you're referring to. I have a suspicion that some of the WPR show hosts are left leaning, but they are polite to all their guests and unfailingly offer a chance for multiple viewpoints to be heard.

I'd love to hear what your completely unbiased news sources are, though.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2013, 01:39:52 PM »

unfailingly offer a chance for multiple viewpoints to be heard.

perhaps, but how would you know if you were really getting another point of view and that it was being fairly presented?

I'd love to hear what your completely unbiased news sources are, though.

i don't believe such a thing exists.  it's not about getting fed an unbiased source.  it's about taking in all sources and doing your own research to see if what you are being fed is true and complete.  right or left, there is usually something added or subtracted that is important to the story.  it's up to us to be sure we are getting the whole thing.

the press never was unbiased.  it has always been left leaning.  it is only in the last few years that we have had news sources that are not leaning left.  FOX is often accused of being far right, but if you look at that press study, it is only right of center.  at least there are choices now that can help people get both sides of a story. 
it is stunning how much information is left out of the MSM.  it is no wonder there are so many uninformed voters!

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2013, 01:43:13 PM »

A cut other than the most effective, most wasted one?
OK. How about keeping our money at home until we have some other than borrowed. Cut all foreign aid until our debt is gone, then give it only from surplus. That's where it should come from.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2013, 01:54:17 PM »

It's enlightening, but not surprising, that Kathy spends time on liberal forums just to sharpen her arguments. Just kind of sad, since it doesn't DO anything. Just makes her better able to argue... 

Now don't go running around accusing me of something I didn't do or say, but you just accused kathyp of considering both sides of an argument!!!!  DOH?Huh

Perhaps others of us should spend more time sharping our arguments by learning what the other side says, wants, or believes.  Trust me, it is more enlightening than you will ever know.

Isn't that right kathyp?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2013, 02:00:31 PM »

Isn't that right kathyp?

it is....frightfully enlightening!   grin  + i get to add to my slang vocabulary!

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next