Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 01, 2014, 10:37:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Southeast...fruit trees blooming, freeze this weekend...  (Read 1413 times)
capt44
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 04:35:07 PM »

To give you an idea of what to look forward too here in Central Arkansas it's colder than who thought it.
Right now it's 3:30PM and it's 41 degrees F. and a wind chill of 28degrees F.
We've had snow flurries all day.
Suppose to be in the mid 50's tomorrow.
Peach trees are taking a big hit here.
And my bees are clustered up tighter'n a politician on election nite. shocked

Richard Vardaman (capt44)
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 04:50:44 PM »

They detected snow flurries here this morning but it all melted by the time it hit 3,000 ft.  It never got below 42 here.

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Beeboy01
House Bee

Oh Look A Honey Bee !!!

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2013, 07:48:19 PM »

Toook a hit with the last frost on my orange trees. Lost about half the blooms even when covered with canvas. The weather man is calling for another frost tonight and I haven't had time to get the trees covered this time. Looks like I'll loose the rest of the blooms and fruit sets. Inspected the hives last week when it was in the low 80's and discovered that my veil didn't fit right. Got stung just over the left eye under the eyebrow with the hive torn down to the bottom board. Had to just take it till I got the hive back together again and I ended up looking like I went a couple rounds with Mike Tyson.
  Don't know about this weird weather we are having, this frost is going to kill a lot of eary blooms and my hives are strong but light. 
Georgia Boy
Field Bee

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 08:24:53 PM »

Sorry to hear about you loss to the frost but glad to hear your hive are doing well.

Tell me about the weather.  Woke up to a dusting of snow this morning myself. Smiley A nice surprise.

Hope it won't hurt the early blooms anymore.

Good luck.

David

"Give it All You've Got"
"Never give up. Never surrender."
capt44
House Bee

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2013, 11:16:33 PM »

Well this mawn'n it was 17.3 degrees here in Central Arkansas but as soon as the sun came up it warmed to 51 degrees F.
Suppose to be 62 here Monday.

Richard Vardaman (capt44)
dfizer
House Bee

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2013, 04:51:41 PM »

wow capt... that weather sounds like the recipe to get sick!  better take an extra spoonful of honey!

David
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next