Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 25, 2014, 09:23:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(2)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: List of buyers for beeswax?  (Read 942 times)
KatyBusyBee
New Bee

Beekeeper and beehive removal in Katy and Houston

« on: June 28, 2014, 11:45:19 PM »

I have 150 pounds of rendered beeswax and 500 pounds yet to be rendered from feral hive cutouts.  I don't know anyone that wants to buy it.  It has NO CHEMICALS at all in it.  Please help.  I am about throw it all out.  Currently unrendered is in a 55 gallon drum. Where can I get a list of buyers?
twin1
New Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 03:33:46 PM »

Do you know anyone who might use it for dipping hives?  Wish i was close I'd try. 
Better.to.Bee.than.not
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 04:40:43 PM »

Most people want it cleaned up. If you sell it raw, it's too much hassle. you won't get much for it. I would be fine taking advantage of you and taking it off your hands if I was there, but instead...I suggest you get a out of work family member, or friend into the candle making business on the side, or get them to clean it up and sell it clean to someone else who is in it. Or make lip balms and such.
BeeswaxRescue
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 03:37:15 PM »

I hope you do not throw it out. I am a beeswax candlemaker, starting with raw wax, and I'd hate to see the wax wasted if it can be cleaned and used. Is it possible for you to hold on to it for a bit? Can you post or send a picture so I can see what it looks like? I'm way up in Michigan, but traveling to California in the fall ... could possibly pick up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next