Yes. I think it's due.
Squidink: I should have gone and found myself a few hundred litre tank to work with - I made a critical, critical mistake that I didn't realize until I studied more after I was up and running. - that pond is about 100,000 liters and I wound up spiking the Nitrates and killing all of the bluegill. (fortunately, there was a population explosion in the much heartier minnows to prevent a complete system failure.)
I saw Murray Hallam (sp?) video after I got started, in which he mentioned what happens when your plant bed isn't at least a match for the fish tank volume, or three times bigger if you can - oops.
The bed shown began leaking like a seive and I wound up building a smaller one to move the plants into. Looks like I'm still learning, but I had some great results with it.
Here's some pictures:
This is the "new" plant bed in the foreground, it's only 8" deep, so it needs work next time.
Only one of my cucumber plants survived after a dry spell while I sorted some issues with the pump - it grew into a jungle unto itself and yielded about 30 cucumbers (huge, huge cucumbers) so far. I'm calling this one a win.
The tomato plant - only shown early in the bed overview has become a monster as well. (a late bloomer, but another win.)
Some things were a little slow to start, and I have a bit to learn about supplemental nutrients - I also need a smaller tank to work from for next season so I don't kill the fish I buy. (and maybe some new bluegills in the old pond again)
I had better luck with cantaloupe than I ever had - which is to say they formed fruit - which died before I got them (still heading in the right direction). I got some Okra and a few anaheim peppers, a couple eggplant (too few) and a big red bell pepper.
I've had fair results overall (some serious gardeners would scoff, but my success in dirt has been so hit-and-miss that it's all positive change for me.
I'd recommend it to anyone.