Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 26, 2014, 12:06:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heads up,another Constitutional protection almost disappeared!!  (Read 1402 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« on: February 18, 2013, 08:30:03 PM »

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/02/18/Washington-tries-to-allow-police-search-homes
The only mistake here was getting caught!!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 08:43:41 PM »

i caught that today.  they say it's a mistake.   somehow...i think not.  welcome to the world of picking and choosing rights...according to your agenda and your "feelings".

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 11:29:01 AM »

To quote Mr Obama. "I am going to fundamentally change America"
Taking freedoms away is part of the change.
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 11:42:50 AM »

suprised they dont go after the 1st saying it will save young boys
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 12:58:39 PM »

Yeah, like the A.P.'s "mistake!" misquoting Rand Paul the other day. The left wants your guns! Make no mistake, they will never give up! Fight back!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 01:34:10 PM »

good to remember also that one of the hoped for outcomes with fast and furious was gun control. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-57338546-10391695/documents-atf-used-fast-and-furious-to-make-the-case-for-gun-regulations/

you'll have to read the emails.  while this was not the goal of the program...we still are not sure exactly what they did hope to accomplish except to get our guys killed with weapons let out by ATF....it was going to tracked as a way to hopefully encourage more restrictions on gun purchases.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 02:32:08 PM »

I think it's beyond time to step up to them and say "Is the constitution the law of the land - or not?" - and then assert as they meander aimlessly in search of an exit/newsubject: "It's a yes/no question."

be happy and make others happy.
Haddon
House Bee

FEMA Trailer Removal

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 03:22:07 PM »

It looks like its going to be a question of if the words
Out Of My Cold Dead Hand
Stand true

It comes down to the individual what would you do the day they come to the door to inspect/take your guns.

The true question is if they showed up to inspect/take your neighbors guns would you support his actions to defend his rights. Would we as a people do so if there was blood shed. Or would we just hide our heads in the sand.

If things dont change this day will come soon in a lot of states. Now I am in Republican controlled MS we will starve to death and secede first.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 04:38:19 PM »

i hope that people are thinking about those questions now.  to late to wonder when the time is at hand. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 06:32:39 PM »

The true question is if they showed up to inspect/take your neighbors guns would you support his actions to defend his rights. Would we as a people do so if there was blood shed. Or would we just hide our heads in the sand.

Thought that one over, and the answer is yes, if you wait around, nobody will be there for you either (by attrition - your neighbors might be fine people). I don't know if the sheriff in my county will back the people or not - There's one in a neighboring county who said he won't enforce any unconstitutional laws.  There's a lot of tough questions that might be coming for everyone.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 06:43:17 PM »

the sheriff should not be in the position of enforcing federal laws anyway.  interestingly, the feds have reinforced this position by not allowing the border states to augment the feds when it comes to dealing with illegals.  if the local and state law enforcement stick their collective hands in their pockets when it comes to enforcing federal gun laws, they will be well within their mandates to do so.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 07:34:16 PM »

It shocks me how much of the list of grievances from the declaration of independence could be lifted and glued right to today.

10framer
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 09:25:49 AM »

our government is scared of us.  they don't want a populace that is armed well enough to enforce the second amendment.  once they disarm us then the real fun will begin.  by the time this country reaches that point i'll be too old to really fight back if i'm alive at all.  but that time is coming.  the voters under 30 have stars in their eyes and they have seen all the big changes in the mid east and think it would be cool to do something like that in the us.  i want to say that i'm a libertarian at heart.  i think the tea party is every bit as dangerous as the left wing nuts (in some areas more).  if the electoral college is not disbanded and the two party system continues then we will have few civil liberties in 25 years.  if you really want to stop this kind of stuff you need to vote third party in 2016.  no republican is going to get into office next term no matter what happens under obama.  he's got the ignorant majority convinced that everything wrong with this country is because of the republican party.  hillary or biden will most likely be our next president.  obama is a charismatic campaigner and that's all he is.  he was the right guy in the right place at the right time and the democratic party is attempting to and will destroy the republican party as we know it over the next 8 years.  when that happens if the libertarians haven't come up with someone stronger than ron paul (whom i wrote in) then you can kiss every freedom you have goodbye.  this sequester is going to happen and obama will blame the republicans and after the mid term elections democrats will control all branches of the government and you will see all kinds of far reaching legislation fly through and then the idiots in this country that have no real life experience will put hillary in office and said legislation will go into effect and the middle class will suddenly no longer exist.  you will have gas vouchers and food lines.
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 12:59:59 PM »

our government is scared of us.  they don't want a populace that is armed well enough to enforce the second amendment.  once they disarm us then the real fun will begin.  by the time this country reaches that point i'll be too old to really fight back if i'm alive at all.  but that time is coming.  the voters under 30 have stars in their eyes and they have seen all the big changes in the mid east and think it would be cool to do something like that in the us.  i want to say that i'm a libertarian at heart.  i think the tea party is every bit as dangerous as the left wing nuts (in some areas more).  if the electoral college is not disbanded and the two party system continues then we will have few civil liberties in 25 years.  if you really want to stop this kind of stuff you need to vote third party in 2016.  no republican is going to get into office next term no matter what happens under obama.  he's got the ignorant majority convinced that everything wrong with this country is because of the republican party.  hillary or biden will most likely be our next president.  obama is a charismatic campaigner and that's all he is.  he was the right guy in the right place at the right time and the democratic party is attempting to and will destroy the republican party as we know it over the next 8 years.  when that happens if the libertarians haven't come up with someone stronger than ron paul (whom i wrote in) then you can kiss every freedom you have goodbye.  this sequester is going to happen and obama will blame the republicans and after the mid term elections democrats will control all branches of the government and you will see all kinds of far reaching legislation fly through and then the idiots in this country that have no real life experience will put hillary in office and said legislation will go into effect and the middle class will suddenly no longer exist.  you will have gas vouchers and food lines.

My god! doom and gloom! I understand your fears and anxiety. All is lost, only  if you give up. Obama has been tripping all over himself and his lame policies. He is surviving because the media and some idiot republicans give him cover. Just look at recent events. Do you really believe criminals were released by jailers, without a judges signature, without Napalitano's knowledge, without the whitehouse giving the thumbs up? At some point it all falls apart. Everything about Obama and his leftist policies are piled up upon LIES! There are those in our country who believe in our constitution and are fighting hard to defeat these radicals. Its not hard to find them, then support them. All you have to do is look for the ones the main stream media, Carl Rove and Obama's crew are going after.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:16:03 PM by Fox Creek » Logged
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 01:42:44 PM »

Carl Rove

i know your source for adding rove, but you are not correct to do so. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 12:19:26 AM »

Carl Rove

i know your source for adding rove, but you are not correct to do so. 

I have pondered your reply and I'm perplexed and intrigued. I know its a little odd and maybe even cruel to lump Rove in with the other misfits, however I think I'm justified. Where have I gone wrong? 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 11:41:26 AM »

a lot of people don't like rove and that's ok.  here is what happened, though:

rove started a new group much like crossroads.  it is a group to support republican candidates.  one of the tea party groups had a cow and accused Rove of only being interested in supporting establishment candidates.  

that's not what he's doing.  remember, Rove has spent his entire political career getting republicans elected.  he's got a pretty good track record.  his goal with this group is to get the most conservative, ELECTABLE, candidates into office.  the most electable candidate will not always be the most conservative candidate.

in my state, for instance, you'd have a hard time getting real conservatives in office.  i think we have one.  the best we can do is get purple candidates and hope that they can be brought along for the important votes.

so, i defend Rove in that he's doing what he's always done.  he's trying to get the slots filled with R even if that is a little r.  

BTW....my husband says that since i have quite smoking i have gotten a little short tempered.   evil  i think he has his head up his backside. since you have not been here to very long, don't take my short temper to heart.  i tend to be pretty blunt and it does put some folks off....i don't know why.....
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 02:38:16 PM by kathyp » Logged

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 07:45:10 PM »

Rove picked a lot of losers. His track record kinda sucks this last time. Sorry, I don't want any Rinos just because they are electable. If they do not have the courage of conviction,the Republican party does not need them.
Remember when so many Republicans were elected to the House and promised not to pass anything unless they could demonstrate where it was justified by the Constitution? They have a short  memory span.
They do not even have the guts to stand up and defend themselves against being called radical tea partiers.To tell you the truth,the tea party needs to stand up and show Rove how it's done.
 It was the first principled effort in a long time,and the candidates that broke their promise to the grassrooters should be sent packing and replaced with someone else.That is the best  way to hold their feet to the fire.
Rove will manage to get some elected,but he will not get many true conservatives. Electable helps noone if they are not conservative. The middle of the roaders are not what we need.
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 08:01:59 PM »

Kathyp, I think Buzzbee said most of it for me. I will add, I have seen Rove be dismissive and belittling  of the Tea party. He will pick those who will tow the good old boy line. He is a major insider who I have learned not to trust. There was a time I had much respect for him, now its gone.

I sat in a patrol car for a couple of years with my partner who was quiting smoking. She just got mean at times! I know how tough it is to quit. Congrates to you for quiting  and sympathy to your husband. Smiley 

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 08:41:33 PM »

grin

ideologically i agree with both of you.  pragmatically, i'd rather have those who's vote can be counted on part of the time than those who can't be counted on at all. 
in the end, the stuff congress acts on is passed or not by numbers.  i'd rather have purple members from purple or even blue states, than lose because we supported the ideologically pure, but unelectable. 

and yes, rove lost some.  i just didn't  think it was fair to attack him for what he's doing. he's been open about how and why.  it's nothing different than he's always done.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next