Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 20, 2014, 06:36:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: prospective new beekeeper in NY  (Read 279 times)
tbrinck
New Bee

« on: February 16, 2013, 07:47:10 PM »

My name is tyler, I live in Orange county NY, sand shall be getting my equipment in about 3 weeks to start keeping bees. I am ordering my equipment form better bees, but am looking to find a closer source for bees. So that i can avoid driving 3 hrs twice. I am not ordering the beginners kit due to everything i have read saying dont bother. Instead im getting a global smoker, 8 frame triangle escape board, 8 frame varroa screen w/ wooden entrance closer, universal entrance reducer/mouse guard, 8 frame beemax hivetop feeder, an unassembled increase kit 8 frame. for tools a 10"hive tool, uncapping fork, bee brush, for clothing ventilated leather gloves, and an english style bee suit.
I noticed that hudsonvalley bee supply has a 3lb bee package but didnt want to order from anywhere without a second opinion, I am also going to try to use the least amount of chemicals possible, if possible non at all.  I shall be posting on here a lot im sure. Thanks to everyone for their time and knowledge.
Georgia Boy
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 08:11:18 PM »

Just wanted to say welcome.

I to am just getting into bee keeping.  Very exciting stuff.  I can hardly wait.

When I go looking for information I really like Michael Bush's site http://bushfarms.com/bees.htm.  He has a crap load of information.  He is pretty straight forward and seems to follow a common sense approach to keeping bees.

Try him you might like him.

Wish you lot of luck.

"Give it All You've Got"
"Never give up. Never surrender."
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 08:12:15 PM »

Welcome to the forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring