Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 28, 2014, 09:49:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm tired of winter!!!!!  (Read 3151 times)
divemaster1963
Field Bee

God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 07:20:24 PM »

OK. here is My sugestion. grin

tie your snowblower to the roof of your car and load up the wife. she will ask you what the heck are you taking that thing with you. You tell her that I told you to do it and start driving south. the first place you stop and someone asks you  shocked what the heck is that thing on the roof of your car. You turn to your wife and say " this is where we are staying." grin

There you go the best sugestion I have.  evil

John

P.S. when you get tired of all the bull Crap that the Democrats are doing to the town. just tie one on your roof and head west till you hear the same thing.  evil
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 08:42:50 PM »

All my wife would do is say, "When are you going to trim that hair in your ears? embarassed
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2013, 09:56:25 PM »

I just spent the evening bottling mead and I don't even notice the wind shaking the storm door and howling.  Not a cure for the whole winter but I am cured for the evening~!  I primed a nice .995 peach that I hope sparkles and hopefully won't explode!  It won't but I always worry.  I started a big bochet that the  ec-1118 has chewed its way from 1.145 to 1.120 in twenty hours!  Where is the lag phase? 
goatmanbees
New Bee

The name is in reference to Pan.

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 10:30:51 PM »

I love the snowblower suggestion!!!!
D Semple
House Bee

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2013, 09:24:22 AM »

20" of the snow the last 2 weeks here in Kansas

Picture taken yesterday

Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2013, 11:44:30 AM »

We have gotten over five feet on the flats here so far and I am hoping for a couple good wet falls this spring.  Snow is most of our seasons water.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2013, 01:38:35 PM »

20" of the snow the last 2 weeks here in Kansas...

... We have gotten over five feet on the flats here so far and I am hoping for a couple good wet falls this spring.  Snow is most of our seasons water.

Well here's a hoping that were you live that, piano "There's a bright golden haze on the meadow... there's a bright golden haze on the meadow. The corn is as high as an elephants eye and it looks like its climbing clear up to the sk..."

Oklahoma ! Oh What a Beautiful Morning and More (HD 720p)

Oops, sorry, wrong flick or play.  But you still better be on the look out for those flying monkey things...  Jerry

As for you V.G. I hope that you have to cut your yard 6 times this summer and that the green head ducks almost carry you away, like them flying monkey things they got down there in Oz. Wink

As for bottling sparkling wine.  I used to bottle all my wine (still and sparkling) in champaign bottles.  I don't get around much anymore but all the night clubs around here use to give every couple a complimentry bottle of bubblie just before midnight on New Years eve.  Local liquor laws here said every can or bottle had to be opened before it got to the table, and that you could not leave with an open bottle, can, glass, or other container.  

By 5 or 6 AM New Years morning I was dumpster diving at all the better Juke Joints.  A pickup truck load of nice green Champaign bottles that would serve as a hammer in a pinch was a normal hawl from only 3 or 4 stops.  A lot of the time the bottles were even back in the cases and most of the nylon stoppers and wire cages were there also.  Check out your local scene this New Years.  The joints to concentrate on are the ones that offer their customers a New Years package.

Hey, home brewed beer also is good to go in these bottles.  I had one or two blow it's stopper because I didn't tie the cork down good enough or stumped my toe while charging, but I never had an explobed bottle.
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2013, 06:20:30 PM »

Kingbee, Did you just call me a hayseed?  Yup it fits.  A black kid working for me once called me a
backwards A__ CountryF___ and it was the highest compliment I ever recieved.
 "Uva uvum vivendo varium fit" 
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 09:04:59 PM »

Kingbee, Did you just call me a hayseed?  Yup it fits.  A black kid working for me once called me a
backwards A__ CountryF___ and it was the highest compliment I ever recieved.
 "Uva uvum vivendo varium fit"

Naw, I just like to gun green head ducks. Smiley

Come on down sometime and hunt deer like civilized folks do, with hound dogs and buck shot.  grin

I think that is a good translation of your snippet of Latin.  

"Us hay seeds just get seedier in the  presence of our fellow hay seeds."
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 09:21:28 PM by kingbee » Logged
bailey
Field Bee

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 08:52:31 AM »

Well we got cold last night!!!!   Got down to 50!!!!!     

Run from the ice.   Run from the snow!!!   I'm playing with swarms.  Your playing with snow shovels!!!

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 evil

Bailey grin

most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2013, 06:59:51 PM »

Well we got cold last night!!!!   Got down to 50!!!!! ...

Why I bet that you could ice skate on a Bayou at that temperature.  grin At least my Texas acquaintances would say so.  Wink

Before that fellow invented the first Trane (no not a choo choo train) General Sherman once said, "If I owned Hell and Texas, I would live in Hell and rent out Texas."  I can remember what it was like before air conditioning became a must have or  your President promised us in 2007 that he would by necessity force your electric bill to soar.
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2013, 11:05:51 PM »

It must be spring.  I sadly stowed my icefishing gear today.  Still 30 inches of ice on the lake I have been using but one day that just becomes 30 inches of slush.  Besides.  The lead of open water at the inlet keeps getting bigger and the fish have largely decamped there for the feeding opportunity.   Still no pollen coming in except the 15% in the global patties I put on. 
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 02:04:22 AM »

Sorry to hear that VG.  Saturday morning I mowed the yard and Saturday afternoon I mulched in last years stubble and turned my garden spot.  This morning the crows were having high carnival on the new tuned land, and my fruit trees except for my new fig tree are blooming or at least budding.  Monday or Tuesday if the rain holds off I hope to plant potatoes and start my cabbage sets.  I also need to get my new asparagus crowns and nest egg onions in the ground.  My garlic is knee high and I just put out some yellow pear tomato seeds so I will have some plants to set out and I badly need to sow some dill before I plant my cucumbers.

Sorry to hear that the ice is breaking up where you are.  It looks like the pot holes will be full of water this spring so that is a good thing for returning ducks, no?  grin
goatmanbees
New Bee

The name is in reference to Pan.

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2013, 05:03:11 PM »

I just hear that there is more snow on it's way where I am and you're talking about enjoying springtime activities!!!!  Cruel!!! Just cruel!!! Cry
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2013, 07:02:37 PM »

We all have our burdens kingbee.  While you are doing the fire ant dance at the chigger festival and worrying about slime from beetles, we in a more civilized area will enjoy the 20% humidity and fierce highs in the upper eighties.  We will suffer and think of you hiding under your air conditioners. 
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2013, 12:14:50 AM »

... we in a more civilized area will enjoy the 20% humidity and fierce highs in the upper eighties.  We will suffer and think of you hiding under your air conditioners.  

That's hiding under your air conditioners and sipping sweet ice tea to you.  th_thumbsupup  lau lau

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:47:35 AM by kingbee » Logged
divemaster1963
Field Bee

God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 09:53:05 PM »

I hope your plants make it thru the night? here in Mid. Ga. we are under a freeze warning. and we have trees blooming. I hope it doesn't hurt the spring flow.

well got to put more wood on the fire. but we are supose to be in the upper 70's the rest of the week.

John
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 01:58:08 AM »

Beeeeerrrr.  I left my wheelbarrel out side Sunday night to get a Sun tan.  There was about 4 inches of rain water in my wheel barrel Tuesday morning.  There was also almost a 1/4 of an inch of ice on top of the rain water Tuesday.  Thank you old man winter but that is enough ice to last me all the way to next Valentines day thanks but no thanks.
 tumbleweed
Wonga
House Bee

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury refill

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2013, 09:27:28 AM »

Hey, Goatman,

You could always migrate to Australia or New Zealand. The climates mostly good and it's really quite South of you. We're still taking immigrants, the process is relatively easy, the society is basically tolerant and easy going, we have less taxes than you currently have to put up with, the standard of living/& working is great and the beer is of excellent quality, (even NZ has Monteiths).

Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2013, 12:33:02 PM »

Wonga, If I had to live somewhere else than here, I deeply respect the Anzacs and think it would be a fine place to live for the most part.  If we continue loosing our Bill of Rights, it might be a better place.  I don't know if I could ever get in sync with all the colorful place names and slang though.  My hats off to most all of you anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next