Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 19, 2014, 03:07:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm tired of winter!!!!!  (Read 3274 times)
goatmanbees
New Bee

The name is in reference to Pan.

« on: February 15, 2013, 02:34:38 PM »

I'm tired of winter!!!! Been thinking of moving south for the passed few years.  Actually much longer than that!! Does anybody know of a good place to move Where winter doesn't feel like it last 17 months out of the year?  Any thoughts, suggestions or telling me I'm crazy are welcome.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 02:43:12 PM »

can't help you there, but we hit 55 today and i have put on a t-shirt and commenced chipping the mud off the horses!  it won't last longer than it takes to turn them out again, but it makes me feel spring-ish  evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 03:26:50 PM »

I'm tired of winter!!!! Been thinking of moving south for the passed few years.  Actually much longer than that!! Does anybody know of a good place to move Where winter doesn't feel like it last 17 months out of the year?  Any thoughts, suggestions or telling me I'm crazy are welcome.

Goatman,
Short of a brief stint in the Dallas area, I've been a life long resident of Louisiana...it works for me.  Although we're currently battling a little cool snap, it dipped down to 39° last night, but currently it's 65° and Sunny.  grin

Good food and good people...the only advice I can offer is don't draw any conclusions based on reality shows filmed in the state.  As a proud resident of the state, those are painful to watch.  Smiley

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 07:04:42 PM »

If you want 4 seasons, come spend a week in NC.   65F. today, snow coming tomorrow.   rolleyes

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
goatmanbees
New Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 07:58:49 PM »

Central New York is much the same way.  You use a heater and an air conditioner in the same day!!
PLAN-B
House Bee

When all else fails go to PLAN-BEE

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 08:27:27 PM »

I've lived in California (beautiful weather)... Worked in Vegas, Nashville, Baltimore, to name a few, but there are no better people than the ones right here in Louisiana.. Sportsman's Paradise and southern hospitality grin
You would have to adjust from freezing to the heat and humidity...lol

Marshall
goatmanbees
New Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 09:31:08 PM »

It's strange. I've been thinking about  Louisiana for a long time.  It seems to be calling me. Maybe it's getting time to answer.
Joe D
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 12:27:30 AM »

Just come on down, you will hate to go back.  We do have an occasional hurricane or tornado.  Could be forgetting but I don't thing we have been to teens in a few years.  I have super on one hive and after this week end may put on some on other hives.  In fact the one I have put a super on that makes 2 on it.  Where I worked there were several from Ohio, my boss was one, he said that his wife wanted to go back because of kin folks, he wished they could stay.  Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, or Florida would  be fine, of course we all think ours is the best.

Joe
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 05:31:26 PM »

...  Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, or Florida would  be fine,

evil Move to Florida, all the Louisiana goats  are web footed.  angel   grin
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 07:06:47 PM »

Nah, Florida is full.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 07:16:47 PM »

NC is still tops for variety. Today, I was in full sunshine. One mile later, rain. 3 miles after that, snow. We have whatever you may want, except decent wages.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 10:25:25 PM »

iddee, isn't that what your dad meant when he said that you could hear everything but meat frying and money jingling.
bailey
Field Bee

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 11:04:50 AM »

I left Arkansas to get away from cold.  We haven't frozen once yet this winter here in south la!!!!! grin
Bailey.
We have willow and blackberry and white clover blooming right now.   What's blooming there?  Ice! evil

most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.
goatmanbees
New Bee

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 12:56:25 PM »

Ice and my desire to flee from it!!!!!
bailey
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 01:00:09 PM »

Run!!!! Run from the ice.  It is a plague upon man!!!!!!   

I was watching a row of hives with drones flying in and out an hour ago.   
Guess that would be dronecicle where you are.   

Run.   The white crap is evil!

Bailey.   evil

most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 04:18:44 PM »

Skied Mon for daughter's field trip in a sweat--no hat, no mittens. Nearly frostbit my ears just walking 1/2 mile up and down our driveway yesterday---woodstove and fireplace going all night, and the house was 57 this morning. So, don't move to WI Smiley

My advice: Get some winter hobbies! I adore winter, since it's the only time of year for my winter sports and hobbies Smiley Plus, it's my rest time from too many 18-hour summer workdays. So I soak up winter.

Maybe that's advice #2: Work yourself silly all summer, and soon winter will look extremely attractive.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 05:23:09 PM »

There is something to be said for turning off the lights and siting bundled up in front of a crackling fire with your wife while you listen to the wind howl.  

The trouble is sitting is about all I can do now in that situation.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:39:34 PM by kingbee » Logged
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2013, 06:10:57 PM »

""There is something to be said for turning off the lights and siting bundled up in front of a crackling fire with your wife while your listen to the wind howl.""

Sitting is all you better be doing, since you didn't write "my"wife.

*Shel Silverstein*
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 06:25:59 PM »

grin

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2013, 06:57:56 PM »

Run!!!! Run from the ice.  It is a plague upon man!!!!!!   

I was watching a row of hives with drones flying in and out an hour ago.   
Guess that would be dronecicle where you are.   

Run.   The white crap is evil!

Bailey.   evil
Sure,rub it in! We may be seeing snow on Tuesday.If I make it to buds maybe I'll bring you a box full of winter!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next