Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 31, 2014, 10:20:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Was there a truce?  (Read 3040 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2013, 09:24:18 PM »

Obviously not.

of course they did.  they chose to take it and make a big thing of it.  what do you think would have happened if a liberal had said that?  50 bra burners would have come out in his defense waving a dozen examples.

we all know women, and i have one in my family, who have claimed rape and there was none.  in the case of the one i know, she claimed rape to explain the pregnancy.  you could hardy call that a legitimate rape even though, in the past, the bra burners have claimed that women don't lie about these things.

there is a different standard that you are held to.  you are held to basically no standard, while we are held to a high standard.  some of that we do to ourselves, most of it is done be a leftist press and lying libs.  just think about all the gaffs by your president and his VP.  then think about stuff that republicans get dinged for.  you would have to be checked out or intellectually dishonest not to have noticed.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2013, 09:26:26 PM »

http://www.zimbio.com/Congresswoman+Sheila+Jackson+Lee/articles/31/Breaking+News+Exhaustive+Search+NASA+Archives

you probably missed this because of your info sources.  this was a gem.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2013, 09:31:34 PM »

I'm genuinely not here to contest every gaffe on either side. I genuinely have no idea how you could read what Akin said and defend it. Or even explain it. I hope anybody--D, R, conserv., liberal--would be taken to task if they were an elected official on the Science Committee and claimed that female bodies have a way of preventing pregnancy when raped, as a defense against any possible need for abortion.

No, I haven't noticed. On the other hand, I don't have a TV so miss Fox AND MSNBC. I listen to public radio, and while I suspect some of the hosts have chosen political sides, they at least present multiple sides of every issue discussed.

If you think the media is so liberal, maybe you think it happened recently or perhaps you've forgotten the crucifying of Clinton, Kerry, Gore. Or maybe we just don't tend to notice as much when the other guy is getting slandered.

And, no, I don't know women who have claimed rape when there was none. I certainly hope you're not accusing our pastor acquaintance of lying about the rape that forced her to leave her missionary work.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2013, 09:33:20 PM »

Take a look at the thread I just posted and you "might" see why the left's way isn't working in the eyes of the world.

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,40141.0.html

On another less conservative forum, iddee, Canadians, Aussies and others think America is absolutely nutso for the level of religiosity in our government (not in our people, necessarily, but the govt) and gun rights. It's all a matter of which foreigner you speak to, apparently.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2013, 10:06:37 PM »

Less conservative?? It must be a million miles less conservative to think like that. When a kid can be suspended from public school for saying "God bless you" when another kid sneezes, I don't think there is enough "religiosity" in government. None, or Neutral would be the right amount, but it has dropped below that here.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2013, 10:12:26 PM »

On another less conservative forum, iddee, Canadians, Aussies and others think America is absolutely nutso for the level of religiosity in our government (not in our people, necessarily, but the govt) and gun rights. It's all a matter of which foreigner you speak to, apparently.

and we want so very much to be like them!

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2013, 10:17:36 PM »

Less conservative?? It must be a million miles less conservative to think like that. When a kid can be suspended from public school for saying "God bless you" when another kid sneezes, I don't think there is enough "religiosity" in government. None, or Neutral would be the right amount, but it has dropped below that here.
My kids still say Pledge of Allegiance every morning, including the word God in it. I hope they're giving thanks for their meals at school, and I'd defend their right to do so if they were challenged. We take them out of school openly for church functions and get no flack from teachers. I guess I'm not seeing it around here. That said, the teachers have no business preaching to my kids. I'll decide on their religious education at home, and I hope the teachers will teach them academics.

I'm sure people can find extreme examples of religious intolerance, but I just don't see it. For Pete's sake, the holiday program still talks about Christmas.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
acrolte
New Bee

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2013, 10:29:27 PM »

It is so, so, SO easy to argue against abortion and then turn a blind eye to the 100s of 1000s of unwanted children who don't have much of a chance in life. I am seeing this very up close and personal right now, so I feel strongly about this, and not just hypothetically.

So, instead of giving people at least a shot at a decent life, we should just kill them outright and not even give them the chance?

There are many examples of people pulling themselves up out of abject poverty to become something great... and many, many more of people doing it and at least becoming productive members of society.

Dr. Benjamin Carson (who has become a bit of a celebrity in conservative circles after essentially denouncing some of Obama's plans directly in front of him at the National Prayer Breakfast) grew up in poverty without a father... and he's now one of the most accomplished pediatric neurosurgeons in the world.

Granted, that's just one example... but who knows what kind of life you're snuffing out when you have an abortion. The next Einstein? The next Hendrix? The next Patton? Sure, maybe the next drug-addled criminal... but many on the left have a huge problem with killing those types of people once they're adults (and have actually committed a heinous crime). So, why is it so easy to do so when they're innocent babies?

Ideally, people would control their own fertility in a way that only wanted children were born. Unfortunately, we don't live in an ideal world.

Agreed.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2013, 10:38:37 PM »

We take them out of school openly for church functions and get no flack from teachers.

if you lived in england, you could not do that.

Granted, that's just one example... but who knows what kind of life you're snuffing out when you have an abortion. The next Einstein? The next Hendrix? The next Patton? Sure, maybe the next drug-addled criminal... but many on the left have a huge problem with killing those types of people once they're adults (and have actually committed a heinous crime). So, why is it so easy to do so when they're innocent babies?

they don't know the history.  it never was about making better lives, it was always about controlling undesirables.  sterilization, abortion, eugenics....all part of the same movement. 
now....before our liberal friends knock their teeth out with than knee jerk...no, i'm not saying that there is anything wrong with preventing pregnancy.  i'm just pointing out that it never was about womens rights.  it was about the purity of society.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next