Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 28, 2014, 11:45:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PTSD as an excuse?  (Read 1588 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: February 04, 2013, 10:15:54 AM »

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/chris-kyle-navy-seal-murdered-some-thoughts.htm

this is the new thing.  PTSD is not a new thing.  it happens to all kinds of people, for all kinds of reason, at to many degrees. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 11:32:21 AM »

Growing up with a father who had  a walking tour of Europe starting in the Ardennes Forest, I knew that you did not approach my father when he was sleeping.   During WWII over 12 million American men and women were in uniform.  Those on the sharp end came home battered and bruised and failed to control their children and gave us a generation, MINE, that has trashed this nation.  Their PTSD is largely responsible for our national decline.  Yes, PTSD is real.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 11:58:08 AM »

Nothing is anyones' fault anymore and that is a grave national character flaw.  That is why I so admire Andrew Jackson, our seventh President.  He was a resolute man who never backed down, never skirted responsibility, and he never showed the white feather. I think Old Hickory would have fouight a chain saw with a No. 2 pencel.  Now we are a nation of weeping wimps, wheezing whiners, and  weaseling wusses.  The best advise I can offer you good people is to kiss your wife and kids every night and tell them that you love them, because our enemies have not overlooked that grave national character flaw.    

Is PTSD the reason for the Newtown shooting, is it the reason for the Bat Man shooting, Virgina Tech, the Gifford tragedy, Wounded Knee, the Fort Mims Massacres, or even Helter Skelter?  I think not but I suppose a case can be made in the Wounded Knee and Fort Mims Massacres for CTSD or CURRENT TRAMATIC STRESS DISORDER better known as mob mentality.  A civilization that refuses to step up, man up, and accept responsibility and act accordingly is a civilisation that will not long remain on this planet, you can set your watch by it.  That is if any of you still bother to carry a watch. If not then you better buy one ASAP, because it's later than you think.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 01:20:17 PM »

Their PTSD is largely responsible for our national decline.  Yes, PTSD is real.

i have no doubt that it's real. is it becoming, and is it a legitimate excuse for, bad behavior? 

Now we are a nation of weeping wimps, wheezing whiners, and  weaseling wusses.

true.  we are turning out generations of kids who are suspended from school for making finger guns, and are taught "conflict resolution" rather than being allowed to knock the snot out of each other.  we teach kids not to bully, but dumb bullying down to the point where kids can't even tease each other...and never learn to take teasing. 

it's no wonder that so many blow.  they never learn to handle aggressive feelings, hurt feelings, and never get to fight.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 05:16:19 PM »

lau

This is hilarious!

lau lau lau lau lau lau lau lau lau lau lau lau lau lau

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 06:16:29 PM »

Wow!  I don't know how to respond to admiring a president who deprived tens of thousands of people of their land, against the ruling of the Supreme Court, defying the rule of law and the constitution and resulting in thousands of deaths of innocent people...  A president whose response to the "rule of law" was that the supreme court should send their army down and stop him...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_of_Tears

But that wasn't the subject. 

I agree it doesn't work when people don't take responsibility for their own actions.  But we should have some sympathy for the fact that people do suffer and often it was while serving their country.

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
edward
Queen Bee

FEED ME HONEY or I`ll smash your screen !

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 06:54:24 PM »

PTSD is a name not an excuse

Most people with PTSD don't go around make life miserable for others.

mvh edward  tongue
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 01:00:29 AM »

Wow!  I don't know how to respond to admiring a president who deprived tens of thousands of people of their land, against the ruling of the Supreme Court, defying the rule of law and the constitution and resulting in thousands of deaths of innocent people...  

Native American peoples have my sympathy.  I also realize that you are an Indigenous Person of Color.  We should remember when allotting guilt that Jackson only carried out the policies towards the Native Americans that the previous 6 Presidents advocated.  All great men have warts.  Two thousand odd years ago Julius Caesar murdered 4,000,000 Gauls then he mumbled the famous words what he is remembed for, Veni, vidi, vici, I came, I saw, I conquered.  

The PC crowd are quick to condemn Old Hickory for removing the 5 civilized tribes to Oklahoma.  Few wish however to remember him for threating to hang the entire South Carloina State Government (Jackson's native state) if they seceded from the Union over the high tariffs that the North imposed on the South.  I think that the South Carolina state Government believed that Andrew Jackson would carry out his threat?  Why do I believe that?  During its frontier days the Tennessee town where Jack Daniels whiskey is now distilled was a lawless cesspool of crime and violence.  One visit from Andrew Jackson however changed all that.  That visit also changed the towns name to Lynchburg.  I wonder why?  

Jackson had an adopted son who was full blooded Native American.  Also Native Americans who held the title to their land were not molested or forced to move.  I would have thought that General W. T. Sherman would draw greater condemnation from Native Americans than Old Hickory does.  

http://www.plpow.com/Atrocities_QuotesFromSherman.htm

"The more Indians we can kill this year the fewer we will need to kill the next, because the more I see of the Indians the more convinced I become that they must either all be killed or be maintained as a species of pauper. Their attempts at civilization is ridiculous..." Gen. [of the Army] William Tecumseh Sherman

...Gen. Sherman in a June 21, 1864, letter to Lincoln's Sec. of War, Edwin Station wrote, "There is a class of people men, women and children, who must be killed or banished before you can hope for peace and order." Stanton replied, "Your letter of the 21st of June has just reached me and meets my approval."

In the matter of Andrew Jackson are you sure that Native Americans are not being lead around by their noses when there are bigger bugger bears in the bushes that need bashing.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 01:31:58 AM by kingbee » Logged
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 02:00:46 AM »

... we are turning out generations of kids who are suspended from school for making finger guns, and are taught "conflict resolution" rather than being allowed to knock the snot out of each other...  

it's no wonder that so many blow.  they never learn to handle ...hurt feelings, and never get to fight.

Wussyness was not a short coming of Jackson's.  For better or for worse I seem to remember that Andrew Jackson fought or was involved in over 100 duels during his lifetime and that he went to his grave still carring two pistol balls in his body that he got in duels. At least one of which he received while defending the honor and good name of his wife.

BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 06:19:31 AM »

, but dumb bullying down to the point where kids can't even tease each other...and never learn to take teasing. 

Never, ever.........ever........tell a "How many southerners......" joke.

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,34793.0.html

I agree one hundred percent! But you got to include adults as well.  Wink

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 01:49:21 PM »

Never, ever.........ever........tell a "How many southerners......" joke.

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,34793.0.html

Funny that you posted this link to your jokes about Southern beeks at this time.  You see I just finished reading this newsnugget factoid from the Wall Street Journal, That's in New York City don't you know?.  

!!!!!! ***** Oh how the mighty have fallen ***** !!!!!!
http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2013/01/31/poor-become-more-concentrated-in-northern-cities/?mod=WSJBlog&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wsj%2Feconomics%2Ffeed+%28WSJ.com%3A+Real+Time+Economics+Blog%29

It looks like before long I will be dusting off the old barefoot and pregnant jokes that were once applied to Southerners. lau lau lau lau lau lau lau lau lau I'm sorry
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 11:16:15 AM »

King,
I honestly do not see the relevance of your post.

I was hoping someone else would have chimed in, and perhaps I could of gotten a better idea.

I was talking about grown men whining and complaining as in the point that kathy made.

You are somehow suggesting the north is worse than some other area. But I think you suggesting I am associated with New York city, would be like me suggesting you are like Atlanta.

Anyways, you got excited about some post about how the mighty have fallen. I hope that made your day. Afterall, it made little sense beyond that. And I honestly do not expect others to PM for your removal while claiming emotional trauma from your post, as was seen in the past.

Have a good day!

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 12:05:47 PM »

King... I honestly do not see the relevance of your post.... I was hoping someone else would have chimed in, and perhaps I could [get]... a better idea.
... I think [that] you [are] suggesting [that] I am associated with New York city...

No BB, no cigar for you.  I was making what I thought were cute, snide, yet thinly vieled attempts to attack your.... let us just say your Harrisburgs, Pennsylvania "worldliness"   grin  Sorry that my lame attempt at humor flew over your lofty head.  Whip me with a soggy noodle.

I didn't start the thread that you posted a link to, I don't think I even responded to it when you first posted it.  I merely responded to you months and months later and only then after you reopened the subject by posting a link to the subject.

I must confess however that I did have a Popeye moment.  "I had stood alls that I can stands and I can't stands no more." grin

By the way the link I posted stated that the large metropolitan centers of the North are in grave danger of becoming America's New Appalachia or Dust Bowl era Oklahoma as more and more poor Americans are concentrated in large Northern cities and these poor people are thus creating the age of Oliver Twist in America, especially in our large northern cities.

Therefore "Oh how the mighty have fallen."

Tell me B.B. who do you wish to see play the latter day antagonist or Fagin to the modern day Oliver Twist?  Hillary Clinton, Marco Ruibo, or Van Jones? 
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 12:41:12 PM »

I think you missed the point.

You can say all you want about large city problems in the north, south, or about anywhere else.

It does not apply to me. As I would expect me saying something about Atlanta really does not impact you.

But boy oh boy...tell a "How many southerners" joke and you got grown men crying, as if I was attacking each and every one of them. The old "If the shoe fits...." probably indicates a far amount of truth, and thus personal agony over someone telling a joke. Or it at least makes it appear as such.

Go ahead and bash the cities. Bash the northern ones especially. Attaching "northern" really does not bother me when pointing out "city" problems, poverty, etc.  I'll help out if you want. It would not bother me if some of the cities would burn to the ground. Or is that not part of the story line?  grin

Saying "Oh how the mighty have fallen" while pointing at one problem, really does not make other problams go away. It just creates the "You suck...no you suck....no YOU suck....Yo Mama!" back and forth dialog.

But did you really consider up till just recently that northern cities were really that mighty to begin with. Most up here stopped thinking that about 50 years ago.  Wink

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 03:15:42 PM »

... Saying "Oh how the

mighty have fallen" while pointing at one problem, really does not make other problams go away....

I hoped that the phrase "Now the mighty has fallen" would bring on some degree of introspection and sole searching into the problems facing America.  I guess I was mistaken.  So sad, so sorry.  Sad  Cry
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 07:04:49 PM »

I think you missed the point.

You can say all you want about large city problems in the north, south, or about anywhere else.

It does not apply to me. As I would expect me saying something about Atlanta really does not impact you.

But boy oh boy...tell a "How many southerners" joke and you got grown men crying, as if I was attacking each and every one of them. The old "If the shoe fits...." probably indicates a far amount of truth, and thus personal agony over someone telling a joke. Or it at least makes it appear as such.

Go ahead and bash the cities. Bash the northern ones especially. Attaching "northern" really does not bother me when pointing out "city" problems, poverty, etc.  I'll help out if you want. It would not bother me if some of the cities would burn to the ground. Or is that not part of the story line?  grin

Saying "Oh how the mighty have fallen" while pointing at one problem, really does not make other problams go away. It just creates the "You suck...no you suck....no YOU suck....Yo Mama!" back and forth dialog.

But did you really consider up till just recently that northern cities were really that mighty to begin with. Most up here stopped thinking that about 50 years ago.  Wink

Do we really want to revisit this? It didn't end well last time!  I am not into negotiating third chances.
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 10:37:08 AM »

... Saying "Oh how the

mighty have fallen" while pointing at one problem, really does not make other problams go away....

I hoped that the phrase "Now the mighty has fallen" would bring on some degree of introspection and sole searching into the problems facing America.  I guess I was mistaken.  So sad, so sorry.  Sad  Cry

King,
Why be sad? I agree with your reference in regards to cities. Although not sure if it just pertains to "northern" cities. Rather it be "all" or at least most cities.

If you are looking for sole searching or introspect, I started a thread asking for a list of problems as others see them in the degradation of society and what others would do if given the chance. You can "soul search" all you want, but pinpointing the problems and actually coming up with solutions is probably better than cliche' sayings and suggesting others "introspect" themselves. I was trying to have others see how their veiwpoints are percieved by others, or even why many Americans voted the way they did.

But I think it went no further than pointing out that gays want to "convert" our young people, divorce should be made much hardy to do, we should somehow limit gays from the court system, and that somehow kids praying in school once again would make all the difference in correcting our immoral society.

Hey...I tried to further the conversation along. I am trying. But "introspection" involves more than finger pointing across the street at the folks on the other street corner. I listened to all that had input. But I don't think they liked my opinion.  grin

Yes, "introspection" comes from within, but it may be hard to do when you ask others to do that, implying "they" need to do this, and for the mere fact you were disappointed that I (or anyone else) failed to heed your advice and purpose of the very post you made. Introspection comes from within YOU. Not being disappointment that others do not do that at your calling or suggestion.

Of course I am not sure who could of translated "How the mighty have fallen: into calls for "introspection". Don't give me so much credit. Baby steps....baby steps.  grin
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 11:33:19 AM by BjornBee » Logged

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next