Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 22, 2014, 04:26:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pupae on the front porch...."Normal"?  (Read 1217 times)
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 07:48:36 PM »

Ok guys,
Here's my video, if y'all can stomach a newbie stumbling his way through a hive inspection, I'd appreciate feedback and opinions...

Hive inspection

I have another very short clip showing what I found when removing the board closing off the screen section.  I'll try to post it also.

Thanks!

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
bailey
Field Bee

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 08:04:14 PM »

All those frames except the new foundation had alot of brood in them.  Be ready to transfer to 8 frame setup soon.  Those bees look good to me.  They are growing well. 
Bailey

most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 08:14:24 PM »

Bailey,
Thanks for taking the time to give it a look, I know your busy getting swarm traps out. My "untrained" eye was telling me they were looking good, but confirmation from someone that knows is nice.  Smiley

Here's the bottom board video that I pulled to expose a few hiding small Hive beetles, I put it back tonight.

Bottom board video

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
bailey
Field Bee

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 08:36:39 PM »

It all looks right to me.

most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 08:44:59 AM »

As a follow up:

Checked on the Nuc both last night, about 22:00 and this morning about 07:00...No signs of Pupae littering the landing board!  Smiley

Thanks again for everyone's interest and input.

- Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 10:13:36 AM »

two most common reasons at this time of the year would be pulled brood because the bees didn't like them...mites, nourishment, etc.  or chilled brood.  in my area, when they start to brood up well and we have a cold snap, this is common. they lay more than they can cover well, and some of the brood doesn't make it.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Finski
Galactic Bee

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2013, 01:43:16 PM »

The right thing in these cases is to look inside the hive, what is going there. It is easy to lift up the box from bottom.

Lifting box too tells how much it has food storages.

Language barrier NOT included
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next