Ok guys, we went back in to take a look.
I had my wife video it and will try to upload later...This is what I observed...Mind you, I'm Green at this so I'm not sure what, if anything I learned. :?
First, I had put in two Beetle jail baitable traps, baited with some apple. One had one beetle and the other had about 12 to 15, which I thought was impressive and/or depressing for a 24 hour period. I "thought' the brood pattern looked fine. I didn't really notice any larva or eggs, but I'm not accustomed to spotting that yet and the frames were for the most part pretty covered with bees.
The center 3rd of my Nucs have a screen bottom, however, I have a board that slids in a slot beneath it, basically making it a solid bottom board. There was a fair amount of debris on the center board, because the bees can't get below the screen to clean it. The remaining two thirds of the bottom board looked clean to me. I also noticed that I had 2 or 3 SHB's seeking shelter beneath the wire mesh and on the center board out of the reach of the bees. I noticed this because I saw a group of bees going crazy trying to get to the beetles.
I opened a drone brood cell and saw no mites. I also pulled the center board to deprive the SHB's of their hiding spot and figure I'ii slip it back in tonight.
Not sure if my description offers clarity of confusion...I'll try to get the video up later.