Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 28, 2014, 11:37:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boy Scouts  (Read 1048 times)
sterling
Field Bee

« on: January 29, 2013, 11:23:34 AM »

I once again was watching CBS news and they had a short clip on the Boy Scouts.
The Boy Scouts of America is now considering accepting "GAYS" into their organization was the story.

So I want to pose some questions. Is this country socially ready to except this? If you have a son in the Boy Scouts do you want him spending weekend camping trips in the woods in tents with gay boys and gay leaders?
Do you want schools teaching your children gay sexual acts as is already being done in Ca., Maine and Mass.
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 12:41:06 PM »

It is a tradgedy that such an idea is pushed.  It is all about recruitment and making children available for sex with adults.  A fine thing for the twisted.
rgy
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 02:16:33 PM »

fact is almost all child molesters are "straight" not gay!
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 02:20:25 PM »

fact is almost all child molesters are "straight" not gay!
Have any statistics to back that up?    Seems like all the lawsuits I have seen with Boy Scouts and Catholic Priests where between men and boys.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 02:21:04 PM »

here is a god read

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/why-are-boy-scouts-contemplating-suicide/

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 02:23:04 PM »

Going "elementary". Sometimes the simple stated, paints the best picture. Most of us are sick and tired of this subject being shoved down our throats, (so to speak). When at the bar, at a party or any other time with a group of people, this subject sometimes comes up. I found a way to stop the conversation. After listening for a little while I will say, " I have been around for many years now and no one has been able to convince me, a man sticking his you know what in another mans you know what, is a proper thing to do." People there will look at me and say, " I don't want to talk about this anymore, I'm a little discusted or this creeps me out!" Your own thoughts will tell you why people react this way. I think most of us believe in live and let live, but don't want this stuff pushed on us.

I don't remember anyone advocating getting the pitch forks and torches and going after homosexuals, let alone homosexuals who may have been friends of ours. The leftist in this country have found ways to disrupt our society in all kinds of areas. This is just one. 
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 02:44:37 PM »

It is all about promoting and trying to force us the say their lifestyle is OK.   I'm not one bit homophobic.  Quite frankly I could care less what you do in your bedroom.  It is not my place to judge others, if you believe in God, let him judge, if you don't so be it.  But stop trying to make me say it is OK.  If your self esteem is low enough that you need  approval from someone else then you have bigger issues.   I think we all need to manage our own morality and not look to others to compromise theirs to validate ours.

I've been involved as a scout leader for many years now.   My experience has been that the BSA has a "Don't ask, don't tell" policy.   Not once have they every asked me, or any other leader what their sexual preference is.   So unless you have the need or desire to publicly promote your sexual preference, or are on a mission to get "approval" for your lifestyle,  it doesn't even need to be addressed.

I know no straight leader that feels the need to inject their sexuality into the scouting program.   There is no discrimination,  it is just the desire of the radical extremist homosexuals to promote homosexuality.   I use the term "radical extremist" because they don't represent all, if not the majority, of homosexuals.   I work with gays, my son has friends that have two mommies and I have friends that are gay.  These folks don't feel the need to push it in public no more than I feel the need to push my heterosexuality.   We respect each other and get along fine (quite frankly there are more important aspects of an individual then their sexual preference).

rgy
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 03:16:43 PM »

+1 Robo, well said. 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 06:54:42 PM »

it's a money thing.  they are having funding threatened, and are being sued. 

as a private organization, they have the right to decide how they want to run things.  as a matter of fact, they are being arm twisted into this.  again, forcing the issue just pee'd people off.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
DLMKA
New Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 01:40:14 PM »

So using the "gay leaders are pedophiles" argument because gays like boys then BSA should not allow straight female leaders because straight females are attracted to boys as well. 

Organizations that resist changes in societal norms fade into obscurity, Scouting is too good of a program for a lot of boys for it to fade away. 
DLMKA
New Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 01:48:11 PM »

I don't think any homosexual tries to promote their lifestyle through scouting or any other medium.  BSA doesn't ask and you don't have to tell but it only takes one parent to "discover" your orientation and you get the boot. That's not right.  You could be the best dang Scoutmaster that is committed to continuing your education as a leader to make a positive influence on the young men in your troop/patrol/pack/den and that doesn't matter if one person has it out for you.

Does sexuality and sexual preference have a place in scouting? Absolutely not.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 02:24:34 PM »

Organizations that resist changes in societal norms fade into obscurity,

societies that continually capitulate to groups who wish to fundamentally change the foundational values of that society, die.

I don't think any homosexual tries to promote their lifestyle through scouting or any other medium.

of course they do. 

http://www.npr.org/2012/05/12/152578740/how-tv-brought-gay-people-into-our-homes

this is only one article.  there are plenty more about how saturating the public with this makes it more acceptable to the public. 

for me, this is not about a scout leader being gay.  i'm sure there have been plenty of gay scout leaders over the years. 
this is about a private organization being forced to change because they are threatened with destruction of they don't.

like all other liberal agendas, the end justifies the means.  if you have to destroy something to get your way, that's just fine....no matter that the thing you are threatening to destroying is a good thing for thousands of kids.   

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 08:31:16 AM »

I don't think any homosexual tries to promote their lifestyle through scouting or any other medium. 

Really?   Have you looked at the Girl Scouts -> http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/cw/post.php?id=621

Quote from: kathyp
like all other liberal agendas, the end justifies the means.  if you have to destroy something to get your way, that's just fine....no matter that the thing you are threatening to destroying is a good thing for thousands of kids.   

Exactly.   When a group of parents didn't like the Girl Scouts stance on removing God from the promise,  they decided to create their own group, American Heritage Girls.   Funny thing is,  this organization is growing at nearly 60% a year why girl scouts are declining.

If you want to have an organization that has a more "socially acceptable" decrease in morals,  then by all means start one.  I know myself and fellow friends will not attempt to stand in the way.    But on the same hand,  don't drive us to change our moral position that our organization was built on just because you want what we have worked so had on for generations.

deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 08:53:02 AM »

A couple of thoughts:

1.  Until now, the BSA has said they won't accept homosexuals....and any "pressure" put on them was largely described as "outside pressures", and there was great complaining that the BSA was a private organization and can do as they please...that they should not succumb to outside pressures.

2.  ....until beekeepers wanted to see a beekeeping merit badge reinstated...then, beekeepers were encouraged to let the BSA know that "outside pressures" were hoping for a beekeeping merit badge, and the BSA should reinstate the badge.

3.  Now, without any specific "outside pressure" (no specific lawsuit or impending fine that I'm aware of), the BSA decides that they should do things differently and allow homosexuals.  ...seems like the same kind of internal decision that we were previously told the BSA had the right to make on their own, without "outside pressures".

4.  Let's not forget that the "morals" being upheld have been adapted quite extensively.  The handbook no longer tells young boys masturbation will harm them.  I doubt that having sex is still grounds for being kicked out of scouting (and if it is, are we to believe that not a single eagle scout has had sex?  Either it is acceptable or scouts are allowed to stay in by lying).

5.  If 'don't ask don't tell' is to be an acceptable "compromise, then I'd be interested to hear what other secrets that scouts and scout leaders should be encouraged to keep to themselves that would result in dismissal if they were discovered?  Is that really how one raises "morally straight" young men?

deknow (a former scout)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 12:36:33 PM »

2.  ....until beekeepers wanted to see a beekeeping merit badge reinstated...then, beekeepers were encouraged to let the BSA know that "outside pressures" were hoping for a beekeeping merit badge, and the BSA should reinstate the badge.

you really want to make a comparison between adding a badge to a program that has lots of badges, and fundamentally changing a program to meet an agenda item?

3.  Now, without any specific "outside pressure" (no specific lawsuit or impending fine that I'm aware of), the BSA decides that they should do things differently and allow homosexuals.  ...seems like the same kind of internal decision that we were previously told the BSA had the right to make on their own, without "outside pressures".

but they have been sued.  they have also had those who financially supported them, pressured not to fund.  while the BSA has changed over the years to a DADT policy, that was not good enough.

why not start a gay group if that's what's important to you?  you want to be identified by who you sleep with and you want everyone to pat you on the head for that choice..start your own group.

most of us would not consider joining a group that had beliefs contrary to ours.  i would not join a liberal bowling league.  we might have bowling in common, but that would be it...and my BP couldn't take it.  i wouldn't join a Wear Pink Every Day group and insist that they change to wearing blue two days a week because i HATE pink.
  if you are gay, even knowing the policy of the group you are joining, it seems fine to insist that the group change to accommodate you, rather than you following the rules...rules that you volunteered to follow. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 04:48:46 PM »

Think they would be as supportive of sniper training and NRA sponsorship of scouting?
Or perhaps men leading the brownies and girl scouts on a camping expedition?
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 08:06:52 PM »

Some info from Grassfire.

The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) is under siege from homosexual-rights activists within their own ranks!

Two members of their executive board, James Turley, CEO of Ernst & Young, and Randall Stephenson, CEO of AT&T, are behind the aggressive push to have the Scouts embrace homosexuality and allow gay members and leaders into their ranks.

For more than 100 years, the Boy Scouts have enjoyed a rich history and tradition of building moral character and instilling lifelong values that help foster a conscientious, responsible and productive society.

But all that could rapidly change.

As one Scout leader wrote to an Eagle Scout, who is concerned about the effort to co-opt their beloved organization:

“These BSA board members are endeavoring to force their social agenda on 3.6 million Scouts and adult leaders. … They want Scouting to comply with their corporate policies, which have adopted the homosexual agenda under pressure, primarily from the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.”

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next