Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 23, 2014, 06:27:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Egypt  (Read 893 times)
sterling
Queen Bee

« on: January 28, 2013, 05:20:43 PM »

Watching CBS news this morning and saw where Egypt is at it again. Riots and killing in the streets. I'm sure proud we supported this new Muslim Brotherhood outfit and got rid of the leader who was pro USA. We like this new guy so much we are giving him the money to buy I think 20 F16 jets and 200 tanks from the US. And I do not understand why.
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 06:01:03 PM »

Fits perfectly with everything Obama. Why does he support the muslim Brotherhood? Why does he divide the American people, why does he want our second amendment gone?, Why is he spending us into oblivion, Why does he refuse to cut spending? Why is it, anytime, anyone opposes him they are ridiculed till toxic? Remember when he said he was going to change America? Did we have any idea it would be like this?
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 06:04:00 AM »

Remember when he said he was going to change America? Did we have any idea it would be like this?
Many of us did, and aren't at all surprised.

Egypt's leader, Mohamed Morsi says:
“Either [you accept] the Zionists and everything they want, or else there is war. This is what the occupiers of the land of Palestine know—these blood suckers who attack the Palestinians, these warmongers, these descendants of apes and pigs.”

“Dear brothers, we must not forget to nurse our children and grandchildren on hatred towards those Zionists and Jews.”

And Obama rewards him with F-16s and tanks. Wonder what he'll use them for?
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 09:11:32 PM »

When Obama finishes cutting the US defense budget by 50% (which is the next step of his fiscal cliff budget cuts) we won't be able to afford the upkeep and maintenance on the A1 tanks we currently have, little less afford the $60 per gallon renewable jet fuel that Obama believes a F16 fighter needs to fly.  Now if Obama can talk the Iranians into taking a few dozen Hydrogen Bombs off our hands just think how much safer we will be.  It all reminds me of an old war movie called "Fail Safe," one of the movie stars in the same flick, and Obama's non-existante economic recovery, I am talking about "Slim Pickings!"
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:38:32 AM by kingbee » Logged
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 12:41:47 AM »

Watching CBS news this morning and saw where Egypt is at it again....

Did they ever stop?
sterling
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 10:46:33 AM »

You can help. This is from Rand Paul.

While they burn our flags and murder our citizens, our President seems to think throwing more taxpayer money to our enemies overseas is the solution to our problems.

In fact, the Pentagon recently handed over 20 fighter jets - $213 million dollars worth - to a Muslim Brotherhood-led government determined to impose Sharia Law on Egypt.

Today, the U.S. Senate will vote on my Amendment to prohibit the sale of fighter jets to Egypt.

Please call your U.S. Senators at (202) 224-3121 IMMEDIATELY and demand they support my Amendment at every opportunity.

Of course, these fighter jets are part of the BILLION dollars in taxpayer money our government hands out each year in the name of "foreign aid."

The last thing we should be doing is handing F-16s to our enemies.
Wonga
House Bee

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury refill

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 03:08:14 AM »

Ha Ha Ha,

They sell them the weapons for the $$$$$$$$, no other reason
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 09:47:44 AM »

Ha Ha Ha,

They sell them the weapons for the $$$$$$$$, no other reason

i'm sure the companies that make them are happy to have a place to sell them, but money is not the driving issue for the US.  we have had a long and beneficial relationship with Egypt.  this sale was agreed to before the uprising. 

we now do not have that same relationship.  in fact, i'm not sure we know what relationship we do have.  i believe this part of the sale has gone through as payment for Egypt stepping in and stopping Hamas in it's last bombing frenzy.  i think we should have found a better payment.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 12:00:58 PM »

Good post kathyp.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next