Moots: I would not be overly concerned with a few hive beetles, and let the bees take care of the space they presently have, and let them get stronger before the move. They still have expansion room...let them do what they're doing. SHB will become an expected condition in your hive(s). I can on some inspections smash 20 or more, and my hives are absolutely booming. Even my State inspector said that as long as the colonies are strong, the SHB is just a nuisance to them. It is when a colony is weakened or depleted that the beetles can take over. As I have said...in just my very inexperienced opinion, I would wait for the move until you are more sure there won't be any freezes. You will know when your flow starts by observing the bees/pollen coming in/what is blooming, and how much, etc. It shouldn't be long, though.
On another note, (and hoping he doesn't see this, or he won't fit his head through a door way...lol) I would SERIOUSLY pay MONEY to work along with JP! Have you watched his You Tube videos? If not, you NEED to! Search You Tube for JP The Beeman...it will keep you busy, and learning, for DAYS if you watched them all! He's a master...You are SOOOO fortunate to have him right in your back yard!! Seriously, I would offer HIM payment to work with him for a few days in his yards! Take advantage of your location. And GO to Bud5! I would if it was a bit closer, trust me! JP and Shawee make quite the pair.... :lau:
Enjoy your new addiction...errr, I mean adventure!! Have fun with your bees, they are a joy to have! How did you react to your initiation sting??? I am still scratching a couple from almost two weeks ago... :roll: