Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 02:51:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Women in combat?  (Read 4495 times)
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2013, 11:25:03 PM »

What will happen to a female in hand to hand combat

properly trained, it has nothing to do with strength.  of course, not all the services train to the same level.....

The "toughest" martial arts instructor (also the 'funnest', but not necessarily 'best' - very good though) Was a "girl" who was easily a foot and 60 pounds smaller than me. Getting her to submit to a technique was like trying to strangle an eel. (try strangling an eel someday). You couldn't hit her - she was never 'there' - you couldn't body punch her (she was also not there, but would aid you faster to the ground.). If you tried to put her in a lock, you were soon to find out how easy a lock is reversed.  Girls are often better than Men more quickly thoroughly than men - because the ego with "upper body strength" gets in the way of learning the art properly.

Egos and non egos aside, I will share a little more of my experience. When I was working, I would warn trainees, " Fighting with a female is a no win situation. They make you look bad! If you take it easy with her, you will get your butt kicked, if you go all out, you look like a jerk!" Also, women are much more flexable and harder to get  into control holds. I cant tell you how many times I had women hand me my handcuffs after they slipped them off ! All my comments on this subject are accounts from my experience and not to put women down.    
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 11:39:18 PM by Fox Creek » Logged
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2013, 01:06:27 AM »

Yep. Unlikely that teacher'd be a problem, unless she was a problem, and then she'd be a problem.

be happy and make others happy.
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2013, 01:28:58 PM »

I'm pretty sure I could train women to be the most ruthless, vicious fighting machines the world has ever seen.  "Girls, here's what I want you to do: - Your enemy is actually your boyfriend/husband, and he's just come home at 02:30, smelling of bourbon, there's glitter on his cheek, and lipstick on his neck. - Go Get 'em!" - This is of course only for 'no prisoners/no quarter' conditions.

Ok, I have researched a little and see where you are coming from. Looks like you are a martial arts instructor or some other kind of physical trainer. Do you assume you are the only one? At a tournament in lets say, tae kwon do, do females and males compete against one another ?.... the answer is no! Can you tell me why? My point is, in a life and death struggle, 9 out of 10 times the man would kill the woman. This is why I think it is cruel and stupid to put women in hand to hand combat situations. 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2013, 01:37:15 PM »

this is cruel.

http://www.soc.mil/swcs/cst/about.html

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/dec/11/nation/la-na-cultural-20111212

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2013, 01:46:07 PM »

Just terrible.
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2013, 02:12:24 PM »

I'm not an instructor; but the effective dirty tricks (cheating) are outlawed in pugilistic competitions.
 The post about training women to be ruthless was facetious.
- The government is going to do whatever it wants without regard to the kind of representation we asked for. So I may joke, but I know the problem clearly - our representatives neither respect us or fear consequences - so I can give my serious opinion on women in combat (of which I am fairly uncertain, since in a defensive conflict everyone fights whether they've been trained effectively or not.) and then our so-called representatives will do whatever they want whether it's constitutional/I agree with it - or not.

be happy and make others happy.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2013, 05:04:31 PM »

I would not want to be one of those Afghanistan women once Obama withdraws, their lives won't be worth a plug 10,000 Afghani bank note.  I have never heard of a better way for an Afghanistan tribe to get over on or to get even with their neighbors than to rat fink (truthfully or not) to an American Female GI.  Remember that those young Afgnani boys in the picture accompanying the above link don't cut the grass for P'apa nor do these young men take out the trash for M'ama.  As likely as not their first job is to stand guard over their tribe's, clan's and family's water wells and grazing lands with a .303 Enfield rifle and take pockshoots at all tresspassers.  I have never heard of a better way to breed distrust than to get 12 year olds to shoot at everyone that comes by.   
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2013, 08:10:51 PM »

Two female Marine lieutenants have failed in their bid to complete the Corps’ grueling, all-male Infantry Officer Course (IOC).

The women’s recent washout after only a few days in the course follows the failure of two other female officers attempting the same program in October.

The Corps now stands 0-4 in its search to find female Marines who have the physical strength and endurance to complete one of the most rigorous infantry schools in the military, located at the Quantico, Va., base.

Of 110 lieutenants in the first phase of the course, called the Combat Entrance Test, 14 failed, including the only two women, according to the Marine Corps Times.....

Click link to read more.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/3/two-female-marines-fail-all-male-infantry-course/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2013, 12:00:23 AM »

not a surprise.  when i went out with them i was pretty sure that the goal was to kill me....and i wasn't even trying to be a Marine  grin

women probably have a better chance with the army infantry.
 was  also talking to my husband about this tonight.  none of the services have updated training to reflect todays conditions. they have started, but they are not there yet.  they still train like they are going to do 20 miles a day through the jungles of vietnam, with a full pack.  tech tends to be an equalize. in the future, the psychology of the women will be more important that their physical training abilities . 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2013, 03:33:57 PM »

Chitor is in Pakistan’s tribal or lawless area sometimes called Waziristan.  It lies in the Kiber pass area between Pakistan and Afghanistan about half way between Kabul, Afghanistan and Peshawar Pakistan.  This is one of the most fought over places on Earth.  It went through over 17 major foreign wars fought on its home turf in only 250 years or in about the same time frame that the USA has been independent from Brittan and the USA has yet not suffered from even one major forign land war on our home territory save for the American Civil War.

One of these Pakistan wars is known as the siege or Battle of Chitor.  This battle is infamous for the fact that when the defenders saw that they could no longer hold the city in the face determined attacks by their Mogul enemy, the remaining defenders slaughtered every woman inside of the city’s walls, all 14,000 of them.  Then the defenders killed every child but one.  Finally the defender army threw open the city’s gates and the defenders rushed out and threw themselves at the throats of their Mogul enemies so that they could die like warriors, not like slaves. 

And the warriors (?) we graduate from our service academies today actually believe that they can defeat an enemy who is as blood thirsty as this by using piddling drones strikes and American women Gis giving native women free pregnancy test kits?  What are these Army, Navy, and politician types smoking? The manure produced by their respective service academies' mascots?  I think so.

The defenders of Chitor knew more about war than the US Army will ever learn.  The first Emperor of the Moguls was a dude named Genghis Kahn and he and the Moguls made this part of the world the center of the Mogul Empire.  The Moguls and their Kahn were well known for their orgies of repeated rapes of female captives whenever they captured a new city or province. 

Evidently this is true because by using DNA mapping there is now scientific proof that Old Genghis himself is a directly male ancestor to a staggering 8% of all the men and boys now living within the borders of the former Mogul Empire.  Although there is as of yet no way to prove this, simple logic plus a working knowledge about the birds and the bees would also lead to the conclusion that 8% of the females in this area are Genghis Kahn’s granddaughters.  That will also mean that Genghis  Kahn himself is the grand father many times removed of .5%  of every one of the 7,000,000,000 people now living on planet Earth.  That would compute to some 35,000,000 plus grandchildren 34 generations or more removed going all the way back to the 13th Century.  I guess that is one way to establish or to hold on to an empire.  The US should never never fight a land war against such an enemy.  If they refused to turn bin Laden over to us a better strategy would be to nuke them again and again or until the rubble vibrates and hums like a tuning fork. Then you make your other potential enemies fear you which is preferable to them respecting you.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2013, 04:14:56 PM »

I apologise kathyp, you were right at least about Navy types.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/25/us-female-sailor-beats-dubai-rapist-bus-driver-sub/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2013, 05:09:06 PM »

someone emailed that to me.  i got a good laugh out of it.  thought about this conversation  grin

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2013, 01:51:30 PM »

One ...Pakistan wars is... the ...Battle of Chitor.  This battle is infamous for the fact that when the defenders saw that they could no longer hold the city in the face determined attacks by their Mogul enemy, the remaining defenders slaughtered every woman inside of the city’s walls, all 14,000 of them...
... The first [Mongal] Emperor... was ...Genghis Kahn... The Moguls and their Kahn were well known for their orgies of repeated rapes of female captives whenever they captured a new city or province.... Genghis himself is a directly male ancestor to a staggering 8% of all the men and boys now living within the borders of the former Mogul Empire.

Saudi Wahhabi Preacher Issues Fatwa Allowing Jihadis to Rape Syrian Women

and some say that history doesn't repeat its self.   :'(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next