Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 11, 2014, 07:24:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi everyone :)  (Read 542 times)
CJ
House Bee

« on: January 21, 2013, 01:01:02 AM »

Hi from New South Wales, Australia  Smiley
New to the forum and brand new to bee keeping. Just brought my first 2 hives, should be picking them up soon and getting started. Really looking forward to it - no doubt the collective experience on this forum will be invaluable.

Cheers,
CJ
tefer2
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 08:00:54 AM »

Welcome to the forum CJ.
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 08:46:00 AM »

Greetings!  Make friends with the search function on the forum and you will have access to discussions and sometimes contradictory answers to any problem you may face.  The correct answer tends to be one from a beek in a similiar climate but much is the same everywhere. 
Joe D
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 09:30:13 AM »

Welcome to the forum, CJ.  There is lots here to help people learn from, threads and videos.  Good luck to you and your bees.

Joe
Lone
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 09:31:17 AM »

Hello CJ, welcome.

The correct answer tends to be one from a beek in a similiar climate but much is the same everywhere.

If you want the absolute perfect way of doing things, ask a queenslander.

I hear you got another varroa incursion at Botany Bay last week on a swarm of asian bees.  Not a great start to beekeeping, but thanks to the wharfies for finding them and having them zapped.  I believe beekeepers in the surrounding areas are checking hives/sugar shaking just to make sure.

So you will be able to enjoy your new hives without that problem.  Let us know how you go with them

Lone
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 04:02:34 PM »

Welcome to the forum.
CJ
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 12:27:22 AM »

Greetings!  Make friends with the search function on the forum and you will have access to discussions and sometimes contradictory answers to any problem you may face.  The correct answer tends to be one from a beek in a similar climate but much is the same everywhere. 

The fella I am purchasing my Bees and gear off (Really top bloke!) Says that "that's one of the things with keeping bee's - If you ask 3 different keepers the same question you'll get 6 different answers" lol  grin That's one of the biggest attractions to me - Everything has to be just right and you need a lot of knowledge to do it right, but at the same time there seems to be unlimited scope to come up with your own new, unique and interesting ideas!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next