Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 31, 2014, 02:43:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Up up and away  (Read 3029 times)
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 06:51:02 AM »

...that is like saying it is OK to mug a lottery winner....a risky investment at best, and if you do win, you don't deserve to win in the first place.

The bond holders for GM bought (legally, in a standard way) interest in the company and it's assets.  ....then the gov gave them to the UAW.

It would be like someone taking your car, selling it, and giving the proceeds to all the gas station attendants that have filled your tank in the last year.....but you paid for your gas already.

Deknow
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:42:56 PM by deknow » Logged
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 08:40:54 AM »

Congrats, Blue. You found one item that has went down in price due to a glut of it hitting the market. Now tell me what percent of the people have access to natural gas.

PS. I don't have, so how does that help me?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 10:04:18 AM »

bluebee doesn't really care about facts.  he just wants to get the occasional post in that blames bush for something.  even the hardcore leftists in public have given that up, but bulebee needs some time to catch up.... grin  i'm willing to give it to him.  he has another 4 years to figure it out.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 10:45:48 AM »

Congrats, Blue. You found one item that has went down in price due to a glut of it hitting the market. Now tell me what percent of the people have access to natural gas.

Just about everybody in a city (ie the majority of the US population) and most people within a mile or two of the cities.

Boone Pickens is building NG refilling stations along the highways, so the answer to your question is just about everybody  Smiley
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 11:20:29 AM »

Just about everybody in a city (ie the majority of the US population) and most people within a mile or two of the cities.

Boone Pickens is building NG refilling stations along the highways, so the answer to your question is just about everybody  Smiley

Iddee,
I understand what you were saying. 99% of drivers still fill up with gasoline. Yes, everyone has access to NG, but how many actually use it? Not many.

Did you notice the side step everytime someone makes a point. It started with inflation, went to gas, then to natural gas, to Boone Pickens.

The original point was gas, a product most folks buy weekly, has doubled.

Typical left positioning. You must be so proud!  Wink

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 06:19:08 PM »

don't expect it to stay cheap if the left gets it's way.  they don't like the way it's extracted.  they block LNG lines and shipping.  by the time they are done with it, they will have figured out how to make it expensive and to demonize it as they have oil and coal. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 06:46:31 PM »

don't expect it to stay cheap if the left gets it's way.  they don't like the way it's extracted.  they block LNG lines and shipping.  by the time they are done with it, they will have figured out how to make it expensive and to demonize it as they have oil and coal. 
The EPA has been after it for several years now. Hollywood has come out with a movie demonizing it so I'm told I don't watch movies cause I don't support liberals.
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 06:49:14 PM »

bluebee doesn't really care about facts.  he just wants to get the occasional post in that blames bush for something.  even the hardcore leftists in public have given that up, but bulebee needs some time to catch up.... grin  i'm willing to give it to him.  he has another 4 years to figure it out.
[/quote

For once I'll have to disagree with you Kathy. Bluebee will never figure it out. if he could he should have already.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 03:26:12 AM »

Sterling you don’t watch movies?

I lived in your fair state for a while so I almost think of you and Kingbee like my brothers! 
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 03:37:19 AM »

Ah ha!  More evidence I'm a moderate.  I don't block or demonize natural gas.  Smiley

Now for your momentary lapse of reason.  The USA is a net exporter of NG.  We're the 2nd largest producer in the world.  If we allow the LNG facilities to go on line what do you reckon will happen?  Our gas will be EXPORTED and THEN we have have higher prices.  I'm not a fan of the LNG for a few reasons; including driving up domestic prices. 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2013, 11:00:12 AM »

but isn't trade, especially exporting, good for the US?  since the nuts have just about destroyed our coal industry, we need a new export.  or...should we only be importers of goods?

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 01:23:25 PM »

Trade has not been good for the USA since the Republicans took over in the 1980s.  The policies they enacted resulted in the destruction of the manufacturing industry in America.  Have you ever noticed where all those things you buy are manufactured?

There you go with coal again......  What is the conservative’s obsession with coal huh  It just boggles my mind why the conservatives like high cost dirty energy (coal) when lower cost cleaner energy (natural gas) is available.  It doesn’t make any logical sense.  It seems like another case where the conservatives are oblivious to reality.  
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2013, 02:30:43 PM »

Trade has not been good for the USA since the Republicans took over in the 1980s.  The policies they enacted resulted in the destruction of the manufacturing industry in America.  Have you ever noticed where all those things you buy are manufactured?

There you go with coal again......  What is the conservative’s obsession with coal huh  It just boggles my mind why the conservatives like high cost dirty energy (coal) when lower cost cleaner energy (natural gas) is available.  It doesn’t make any logical sense.  It seems like another case where the conservatives are oblivious to reality.  

As I recall, back then it was republicans and democrats pushing the policies, which sold Americans down the road. Many, and I mean many, left the republican party at this time.

Is it conservatives are obsessed with coal ? Or is it conservatives are obsessed with leftist who are willing to put people out of work to get what they want? If its to be natural gas, then it will be so. Fossil fuel has driven our economy. Where the money is and what puts people to work is what should be. And yes, we can be careful with our environment at the same time.   

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2013, 02:41:15 PM »

bluebee knows better. he just thinks that he can yank our chain and start something.  he knows very well that our clean coal is used around the world and that the coal industry is vital in many states.  he might not care that people are put out of work, but he knows the facts.  he also knows that the main destroyer of our ability to compete in most industry has been the unions.  when you insist on wage and benefit that the market can't support, you will eventually lose your job....unless the government steps in a nationalizes your company and bails out your union....and even then, it will not save you forever....

all liberals really do know these things, but they think that if they wish hard enough they can have the utopia they dream of.

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2013, 04:35:52 PM »

he knows the facts.  
Now I think we’re getting somewhere. Wink

he also knows that the main destroyer of our ability to compete in most industry has been the unions.  when you insist on wage and benefit that the market can't support, you will eventually lose your job....
LOL.  WHO do you think mines coal!  United Mine Workers of America.

Where were all the conservatives in the 1980s when the industrial power house that used to be the USA was systematically destroyed by the Republicans in favor of Wall Street and their house of cards?  We USED to be the China of the world.  The world’s greatest exporter.
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2013, 06:12:42 PM »

Sterling you don’t watch movies?

I lived in your fair state for a while so I almost think of you and Kingbee like my brothers! 

Well Bro you need to move back down here for a stay so you can get indoctrinated back into the conservative way. Or were you here when the south was run by the KKK Democrats?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2013, 09:16:15 PM »

Where were all the conservatives in the 1980s when the industrial power house that used to be the USA was systematically destroyed by the Republicans in favor of Wall Street and their house of cards?

why don't you explain to us just how that was done?

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 03:56:47 PM »

... Why don’t conservatives look up the facts about bankruptcy law and learn that stock holders are the very first group wiped out in a bankruptcy.  Google is your friend and educator... I'm a little surprised our conservatives don’t know how bankruptcy... works....

Government Motors in effect filed chapter 7.  Chapter 7 bankruptcy is the biggie.  Any company that files chapter 7 is in effect closing up shop and going home, never to operate again. That also involves investors loosing ALL their equity.

The pale bleeding vestage of Government Motors didn't go away, they totally shafted all the investors in Government Motors and all the creditors in Government Motors (people who GM owed money to) except for the UAW's pention fund and the UAW itself.  You should remember that actions like the ones engaged in by Obama with regards to Government Motors represents an awaking of Feudalism.  In other words in the future instead of the rule of law to protected us as we relied on it to do in the past, we now require a pantheon of Feudal Lords and armed Knights, each one who commands a ruthless army of paid henchmen and tax collectors whose only job is to meat out justice as the laird of the mannor sees fit.  Or who ocasually robs from Peter to buy Paul's loyality.

When the Emperor's new cloths are all striped away and he stands before the people in all his naked glory, it becomes obvious that Progressiveism or Liberalism is the same old system of slavery and repression that has continually plagued mankind every where on Earth, except here for the last 238 years.  Serf observe, your brave new tomorrow, enjoy it.

The Government bail out of the Auto Industry was just a dress rehearsal for the full bankruptcy sans bailout of the United States of America and maybe inorder to gauge the reaction by the nations that will be lining up to get their citizens Euros, Yen, Pounds, and Renminbi back.  In some perverse twist of history, look for Brittan, France, and China to band together and occupy San Diego and San Francisco until we pay our debts in full.  This could give San Francisco's China Town a whole new meaning.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 01:54:33 AM »

Can our beeks at least muster up one “hip hip hooray” for Obama on the official start of his next term? 

Isn’t there enough for at least a little cheer?

Dow Industrials UP 70% since Obama took over
Nasdaq composite up a whopping 112% since Obama took over
S&P500 index up 80% since Obama took over
In fact said indexes are now at a 5 year high!

Beeks that invested in Obama made 20% a year.  Even Reagan would be envious of that.
Inflation has been under 3.5%.  About 2.5% now.
Natural gas prices have fallen 75%.
No more war in Iraq.
No 2nd Great Depression.

Can we at least get a whimper out of the conservatives?  How about a groan?
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 06:58:24 AM »

Ok.......even a blind squirrel will find an acorn sometimes.  whimper whimper groan groan

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next