Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 21, 2014, 06:55:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Up up and away  (Read 2808 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 10:20:02 AM »

this is a FB post that you are reposting without any attribution or indication of how they came to this.  if you google it, you'll find that it is much disputed.  that should have taken you 2 seconds before you posted.  i think you should return your computer because you must have gotten one without a search engine.

BUT....lets say your post is 100% correct. 

that's not the problem with BOs spending.  the problem is with the % of GDP that he is spending and the rise in our debt.  if you deficit spend and increase your debt, it is not sustainable.  not for an individual and not for a country. 
if i have an income of 50,000 and i spend 60,000, i can do that for a year or two as long as i can make the payments on the extra 10,000, but i can't do it year after year because the payment grow. 
right now, we are ok with the payments because the interest rates are very low.  what happens when they go up?  right now, we are keeping our heads above water because the dollar is still worth something and is still the favored international currency.  do you think that will last as we print more and devalue it? 

you put a lot of store in the stock market, but that just tells me that you don't know much about how it works. 
as for inflation, you have been, and still are, wrong about that and again....the interest rates can't stay as artificially low as they are.  inflation is only going to get worse with the devaluing of the dollar and the projected rise in interest rates.

you look at your stats and you are happy.  we look at what is propping up your stats and we see no way out of disaster.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 11:56:53 AM »

Can our beeks at least muster up one “hip hip hooray” for Obama on the official start of his next term? 

Isn’t there enough for at least a little cheer?

Dow Industrials UP 70% since Obama took over
Nasdaq composite up a whopping 112% since Obama took over
S&P500 index up 80% since Obama took over
In fact said indexes are now at a 5 year high!

Beeks that invested in Obama made 20% a year.  Even Reagan would be envious of that.
Inflation has been under 3.5%.  About 2.5% now.
Natural gas prices have fallen 75%.
No more war in Iraq.
No 2nd Great Depression.

Can we at least get a whimper out of the conservatives?  How about a groan?

Hip Hip Hooray.
We got to pay for his 13 vacations
His 123 golf games
All his White House parties.
And even are supporting his mother in-law.
Ain't it GREAT and going to get GREATER
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 12:15:33 PM »

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012/06/14/president-obama-the-biggest-government-spender-in-world-history/2/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012/06/14/president-obama-the-biggest-government-spender-in-world-history/2/

don't buy that FB post.  after even superficial analysis, it's wrong and uses some "fact" gathering slight of hand to come to it's point.  it will take you only a few seconds to figure it out if you google it.  even application of common sense tells you it's not true.  if it were we would not have the deficit spending we do and the debt to go with it. 

i do understand why people like bluebee would cling to it..........

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2013, 12:42:09 PM »

Bluebee can be excused this time. The Michigan temps are way down and he doesn't have thermal socks. His brain is frozen.  evil   grin

Even his chart says the 2009 bailouts are accredited to bush's spending in the chart. How dumb can that be.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next