Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 22, 2014, 10:11:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home robbery looking for guns  (Read 1547 times)
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« on: January 14, 2013, 08:08:45 AM »

Don't have the full details, but it is being reported that a home robbery has now been reported, after the maps showing where gun owners are located were published in newspapers. Over the weekend, a home was broke into with the intent of stealing the owners guns in the white plains area of New York. The guns were in a safe, and they failed.

I think those newspaper editors will not be coming out of hiding anytime soon.

And I am glad that the newspapers circulation took a nose dive as subscriptions were cancelled.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 09:53:45 AM »

http://www.gopusa.com/freshink/2013/01/14/thieves-break-into-house-identified-by-anti-gun-newspaper/?current=1

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 01:24:13 PM »

... its being reported that a home robbery [was]... reported, after the maps showing where gun owners are located were published in newspapers. ...I think those newspaper editors will not be coming out of hiding anytime soon.  And I am glad that the newspapers circulation took a nose dive as subscriptions were cancelled.

I think that these editors should be exposed themselves.  A 10 foot poll set 4 feet into the Earth to tether them to should do nicely.

Remember, newspapers do not depend on circulation to stay in business.  A newspaper's cashcow is ad revenue.  The circulation however determines the rate a paper can demand for ads.  I would love it if businesses people would cancel their advertising contracts in said papers.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:46:12 AM by kingbee » Logged
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 05:49:54 PM »

I have the editor's home address if anyone wants it.   
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 06:22:24 PM »

What amendment number is ‘freedom of speech’ in our Constitution again?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 06:31:55 PM »

but there is no constitutional right to be absolved of the consequences of exercising our rights  Wink 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 08:21:45 PM »

Bluebee, go downtown Detroit on Friday night yelling the n word as loud as you can, then come back and tell us about Freedom of Speech.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 03:48:39 AM »

What amendment ...‘freedom of speech’ in our Constitution...?

There you liberals go again,  embarassed confusing freedom of speech with freedom of the press.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 03:29:38 PM »

2 break in this time guns are stolen

The newspaper should be responsible for this....

http://newyork.newsday.com/news/nation/journal-news-map-listed-guns-permits-stolen-from-new-city-home-cops-say-1.4463741

KH
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 02:26:43 AM »

Now explain this one to me. huh  Why would logical robbers break into a house that is KNOWN to have deadly weapons inside? 

Isn’t the whole NRA pretense for arming everybody with military grade weapons so we can defend ourselves against the criminals?  Seems that hypothesis really isn’t proving true in here is it?  The guns are drawing in the criminals (allegedly) and yet said guns have been ineffective in protecting the homes from robbery? 

Do I sense yet ANOTHER hole in our Conservative’s logic?
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 06:56:47 AM »

Now explain this one to me. huh  Why would logical robbers break into a house that is KNOWN to have deadly weapons inside?  

Isn’t the whole NRA pretense for arming everybody with military grade weapons so we can defend ourselves against the criminals?  Seems that hypothesis really isn’t proving true in here is it?  The guns are drawing in the criminals (allegedly) and yet said guns have been ineffective in protecting the homes from robbery?  

Do I sense yet ANOTHER hole in our Conservative’s logic?

Honestly Bluebee, at one time, I would almost get irritated in your responses. But I realize that much of what you say is just to irritate others and makes about as much sense as discussing politics with a brick wall.

I now view your input as an opportunity to show many folks the reasoning and logic behind how the left thinks (I know you say you are moderate...but your input is 100% left). I am glad others such as kathy has the patience to paste the links that show how wrong you always are. And I am grateful that others can come here and hear her thoughts.

The fact that you can come here and defend the actions of printing maps of gun owners, and seemingly suggest this was a good idea, while attacking others who suggest it was a not a good idea, shows how far you are either out of touch, or simply throwing fuel on the fire for entertainment value. You either are saying crazy crap for fun, or are truly from the far left with no respect for privacy or concern for others.

I think every person with commonsense, whether a gun owner or not, or pro gun control or not, feels that the publishing of maps telling folks who has guns, where they can be found, who does not own guns, where police live, and other details, is absolutely wrong.

And I can not think you are that ignorant to think this is good for those being called out by the paper. And then come here are defend it in any way, while making points on gun control.

I lost a bit of respect for you today. And that was very hard for you to do.  Wink

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
oliver
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 07:56:21 AM »

Once the address is known, very simple for thieves to pattern peoples coming and goings. Firearms have value thieves have time. dl
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 08:46:25 AM »

Bluebee, when I was in about the second grade, I learned the difference in robbery and burglary. Neither of the 2 cases mentioned were robberies. They were burglaries when no one was home.

Do you really not know the difference, or are you just propagating more liberal garbage?

*Shel Silverstein*
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 10:41:38 AM »

I think we have some bee keeper red shifting going on here.  Red shifting in a term from Astronomy that describes how the spectrum of light from distance objects gets shifted as the universe is expanding.

Beeks love to call my moderate views “leftist” or “absolute communist leftist” or dozens of other ridiculous code words when I don’t agree with them.  The fact of the matter is my views are mainstream in MODERN America as we find in poll after poll.  Beeks are in a sense red shifting my views and calling them “leftist” when that in fact that is not the case. 

I only come across as a “leftist” on the bee keeping forums because the large percent of beeks are ultra right wing.  Completely out of step with mainstream America.  The funny thing is these same beeks think their views are mainstream  laugh laugh laugh
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 11:08:17 AM »

lau

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
edward
Queen Bee

FEED ME HONEY or I`ll smash your screen !

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 12:19:33 PM »

when I was in about the second grade, I learned the difference in robbery and burglary.

Hmmmmm  rolleyes

police Do we dare ask what kind of school it was, and what the curriculum included  police

mvh edward  tongue
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 02:15:14 PM »

And how much of an uproar would there be if the same style map listing names of people getting public assistance was created with names and adresses? And an extra star for second and third generation?  After all,that is something the rest of us pay for and we should know who is receiving our help and we can rest better knowing it's spent wisely.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next