Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 22, 2014, 09:48:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The shotgun, a lesson for America  (Read 1975 times)
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 11:06:43 PM »

Same ammunition used in service.

in all my years in the service i never used hollow points for quals or fam fire.

not to say that no one does it, but the cost difference between target rounds and hollow points is significant.

With all due respect...I must respond!...and in all my years off service I never saw or heard of an agency using "Target rounds". That would be counterproductive. You practice and qualify with what you carry. To do otherwise would be ridiculous.

Wait a minute...didn't you say you were going to a wedding today? .. Too much bubbly?  Smiley  lol.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 11:42:59 PM by Fox Creek » Logged
minz
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 11:38:30 PM »

Just something unique about the sound of an action coming home on a 12 AWG round, anybody in their right mind would be in high gear.  Anybody not in their right mind, in close quarters, would be in a world of hurt! It is a wicked weapon aboard a ship, all that metal and small doors. You keep your pistols.

Poor decisions make the best stories.
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 11:50:57 PM »

Just something unique about the sound of an action coming home on a 12 AWG round, anybody in their right mind would be in high gear.  Anybody not in their right mind, in close quarters, would be in a world of hurt! It is a wicked weapon aboard a ship, all that metal and small doors. You keep your pistols.

Or the sound of the bolt of my M1A !
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 12:17:07 PM »

That would be counterproductive. You practice and qualify with what you carry. To do otherwise would be ridiculous.

don't buy it.  unless you are shooting competitively, the small difference in the behavior of different types of ammo is not an issue. especially in a close range weapon like a handgun.  i don't doubt that there are departments that spend tax payer money that way.   i'm just saying that it's not necessary except maybe in small numbers of marksman type units.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
S.Rummings
House Bee

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 01:39:06 PM »

I guess getting robbed at gunpoint isn't always a defense... I wonder why he didn't call 911?

JOHNSTOWN, Pa. —
A Johnstown man who police said was robbed at gunpoint inside his home Sunday is facing aggravated assault charges for allegedly firing shots at men who stole marijuana from him.

Police have charged Dave Haye, 27, on accusations he recklessly fired at his robbers while he chased them up Sunday Street.

Investigators said two men stole "dime bags" of marijuana from Haye.

Police said Haye did not call 911 and tried to handle the situation himself.

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 03:00:34 PM »

He missed. That's reckless firing.  evil   grin

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2013, 12:24:43 AM »

That would be counterproductive. You practice and qualify with what you carry. To do otherwise would be ridiculous.

don't buy it.  unless you are shooting competitively, the small difference in the behavior of different types of ammo is not an issue. especially in a close range weapon like a handgun.  i don't doubt that there are departments that spend tax payer money that way.   i'm just saying that it's not necessary except maybe in small numbers of marksman type units.

Just imagine. Your in court on the witness stand. Your being grilled by an attorney who's client you shot. All is going well, till the attorney discovers you shot his client with a round you have not trained with....Sound like a petty argument for the attorney? Of course it does, however if you have the experience you say, then you know what an attorney will do to confuse a jury. No agency wants to give an attorney a gift in court. Now I have been retired for almost 14 years. As I recall this is only one of many reasons to train with what you carry.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next