Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 20, 2014, 04:13:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OH! Those murderous Americans  (Read 885 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« on: January 08, 2013, 08:14:02 PM »

From the World Health Organization:

The latest Murder Statistics for the world:

Murders per 100,000 citizens

Honduras 91.6

El Salvador 69.2

Cote d'lvoire 56.9

Jamaica 52.2

Venezuela 45.1

Belize 41.4

US Virgin Islands 39.2

Guatemala 38.5

Saint Kits and Nevis 38.2

Zambia 38.0

Uganda 36.3

Malawi 36.0

Lesotho 35.2

Trinidad and Tobago 35.2

Colombia 33.4

South Africa 31.8

Congo 30.8

Central African Republic 29.3

Bahamas 27.4

Puerto Rico 26.2

Saint Lucia 25.2

Dominican Republic 25.0

Tanzania 24.5

Sudan 24.2

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 22.9

Ethiopia 22.5

Guinea 22.5

Dominica 22.1

Burundi 21.7

Democratic Republic of the Congo 21.7

Panama 21.6

Brazil 21.0

Equatorial Guinea 20.7

Guinea-Bissau 20.2

Kenya 20.1

Kyrgyzstan 20.1

Cameroon 19.7

Montserrat 19.7

Greenland 19.2

Angola 19.0

Guyana 18.6

Burkina Faso 18.0

Eritrea 17.8

Namibia 17.2

Rwanda 17.1

Mexico 16.9

Chad 15.8

Ghana 15.7

Ecuador 15.2

North Korea 15.2

Benin 15.1

Sierra Leone 14.9

Mauritania 14.7

Botswana 14.5

Zimbabwe 14.3

Gabon 13.8

Nicaragua 13.6

French Guiana 13.3

Papua New Guinea 13.0

Swaziland 12.9

Bermuda 12.3

Comoros 12.2

Nigeria 12.2

Cape Verde 11.6

Grenada 11.5

Paraguay 11.5

Barbados 11.3

Togo 10.9

Gambia 10.8

Peru 10.8

Myanmar 10.2

Russia 10.2

Liberia 10.1

Costa Rica 10.0

Nauru 9.8

Bolivia 8.9

Mozambique 8.8

Kazakhstan 8.8

Senegal 8.7

Turks and Caicos Islands 8.7

Mongolia 8.7

British Virgin Islands 8.6

Cayman Islands 8.4

Seychelles 8.3

Madagascar 8.1

Indonesia 8.1

Mali 8.0

Pakistan 7.8

Moldova 7.5

Kiribati 7.3

Guadeloupe 7.0

Haiti 6.9

Timor-Leste 6.9

Anguilla 6.8

Antigua and Barbuda 6.8

Lithuania 6.6

Uruguay 5.9

Philippines 5.4

Ukraine 5.2

Estonia 5.2

Cuba 5.0

Belarus 4.9

Thailand 4.8

Suriname 4.6

Laos 4.6

Georgia 4.3

Martinique 4.2

And

The United States 4.2

ALL the countries above America have 100% gun bans

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 08:43:15 AM »

But if you were an anti-gun person you would not be quoting murder statistics, you would be quoting "gun deaths" and have a different result... Wink

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 10:00:49 AM »

BUT if you could remove places like Chicago, DC, and NY, from the stats, you'd have a pretty low gun death rate....you know, all those places with strict gun control?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 09:27:47 AM »

>you know, all those places with strict gun control?

Exactly...

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
sterling
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 12:12:17 PM »

If our liberal leaders were really serious about gun violence they would prosecute the people who commites the gun crimes. That Muslim guy at Fort Hood has not been brought to trial and it's been what? Three or four years. The man who killed the people and shot the congress woman in Ar. has yet to be brought to trial. Two years ago it happened. The man at the movie theater. They are just diddling around with that. Everybody in this country knows he is guilty. Why not put them in front of a firing squad and use the guns they used.
Proper punishment a deterant for violent crimes.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 03:14:05 PM »

If our liberal leaders were really serious about gun violence they would prosecute the people who commites the gun crimes.

when they increased the federal penalties for armed robbery, it did not decrease robbery necessarily, but it did decrease robbery of things like banks, at gun point. it made it safer to be robbed  Wink

of course, a bank robber usually is not an orange haired fruit loop, so i'm not sure that harsher punishment would work quite the same.... 

we DO have a serious problem.  we have people with mental health issues left out to manage, or not manage, their own care. i have seen it in my own immediate and extended family.   no matter how unstable the person, they can't be committed or medicated until they are a danger to themselves or others.  not just that they  might be, but that they have to have done or expressed something that can no longer be ignored.
if you have ever watched a person with mental health issues escalate, it can be scary and they can go from ok to dangerous in a flash. 

i don't have a good answer, but i am sure that taking the rights of the citizens because some nut killed some people, is not it. i'd bet that 20 kids die every day from one thing or another, and probably plenty of those deaths were at the hand of another.  look how many school age kids are dying in Chicago?  maybe they should go clean that problem up first?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
vermmy35
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 04:51:10 PM »

The problem here in Chicago is not that kids are dying, it's that Rombo dead fish keeps trying to take our guns away... If they would let us have guns anywhere on our property and not just in the house maybe owners wouldn't be afraid of getting in trouble.  So I say we line up all the politicians, and get a little target practice in to help with that gun control. evil

Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 05:39:34 PM »

are you looking for business vermmy?

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 08:09:15 PM »

Gun control?   Has anyone tried to buy a gun lately?   I have been waiting for my gun to come in for over a month now.  Geez.  Everyone is sold out of everything good.  Paid for 2 guns this week that are on backorder (along with all the other cool guns).  Maybe they will come in while we can still legally have them.   Tonight at Academy Sports, my wife even noticed that they were almost out of guns.   
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 12:21:20 PM »

... That Muslim guy at Fort Hood has not been brought to trial and it's been what? Three or four years...

Its really been 1,217 days or 173.85714285 weeks but whose counting?  Yes, and the good Major is still drawing a $85,000 yearly salary from the US Army despite not being present for duty at any time during the past 1,217 days or 173,85 weeks.  Missing the movements of his unit are any number of infractions of military law.  The Politically Correct military establishment refuses to call the cards like they fall.  They maintain that the service men and women who died or were wounded in this attack do not deserve the Purple Heart, nor are they entitled to the benefits due those killed in a combat zone.  The Military I used to know had a name for official actions like this.  It had something to do with a chicken vacating its bowls.

... The man who killed the people and shot the congress woman in Ar. has yet to be brought to trial. Two years ago it happened...

This keeps the tragedy before the voters.  Remember Obama's style of governing.  "Never let a GOOD tragedy go to waste."

The man at the movie theater. They are just diddling around with that...

His case is moving faster than any of the other two because the Colorado Bat Man Want-to be is in state court and the other two cases are being handled by either the Army (who Obama commands) or the US Department of Justice headed by Obama's Attorney General Eric Holder.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next