Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 26, 2014, 06:05:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HAPPY Hopeful NEW YEAR!  (Read 734 times)
divemaster1963
Field Bee

God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.

« on: January 01, 2013, 12:28:06 AM »

Happy Hopeful New Year Everyone. hope the New Year Is bettery that the Last.

John
Joe D
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 12:52:01 AM »

You to John and everyone else.  I had a pretty good year this year.  Still kicking,and so are the kin.   Started year with 3 hives, caught 6 swarms, had to give some away not enough boxes and have 5 hives doing good now.  Have a Happy New Year all year long.

Joe
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 12:52:26 AM »

Happy New Year to you and everyone.  Hope springs eternal, doesn't it  grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 06:04:06 AM »

Almost through the first day of 2013 with no hassles or bad news, hope this keeps up for you all and it will be a better year than last. Good wishes to all on the forum and your kin.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
lazy shooter
New Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 09:39:24 AM »

I am so looking forward to '13.  I am 20 months into beekeeping, and I have three mature hives and  three nucs that were all living as of December 29.  Due to knee replacement about 30 days back, I have not been able to tend my bees, but my youngest son went around and tapped the hives to see if there would be a resulting buzz on Dec. 29.  All of the colonies buzzed, and they had large stored going into the winter, so I am hopeful. 

Last summer, my second summer with bees, I was reluctant to make changes in the hives.  The engineer side of me cautioned that "if one does not know what they are doing, it is best to do nothing."  My knowledge has now grown to the point that I am willing to do some simple things like: splits, brood interruption, drone frames and such.  I look forward to interacting with more with my bees.  Still, I will make changes only when I think they are necessary. 

With more confidence, I am looking forward to a Happy New Year.
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 02:20:40 PM »

Happy New Year to all!! Watched the ball drop in Times Square New York and felt peaceful.

Annette
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next