Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 25, 2014, 02:40:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pay Raises  (Read 749 times)
sterling
Field Bee

« on: December 29, 2012, 12:21:14 PM »

The Dictator n Chief signed an executive order giving Joe Biden, Congress and federal employees raises. What has Biden or Congress done to deserve a raise. And the federal employees are already making about double the private workers with the same type jobs have. All this with the cliff in sight. Where does the money come from?

(WEEKLY STANDARD) - President Barack Obama issued an executive order to end the pay freeze on federal employees, in effect giving some federal workers a raise. One federal worker now to receive a pay increase is Vice President Joe Biden.

According to disclosure forms, Biden made a cool $225,521 last year. After the pay increase, he’ll now make $231,900 per year.

Members of Congress, from the House and Senate, also will receive a little bump, as their annual salary will go from $174,000 to 174,900. Leadership in Congress, including the speaker of the House, will likewise get an increase.

AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 10:48:39 AM »

Plus cash payouts, kickbacks, and consulting fees........
carlfaba10t
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 03:07:22 PM »

Must be nice to have a job where you do nothing but sit around telling jokes and bickering all day long 365 days a year,plus have a "BOSS" to dumb to fire you year after year.And then get a raise on top of that. evil

Carl-I have done so much with so little for so long i can now do something with nothing!
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 01:36:26 PM »

I think that stinks, but $900/year isn't really a huge raise.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 02:45:57 PM »

it's 900 more than most employed americans are getting and most employed americans are doing their jobs.  of course, if you live in a state like mine and they just raised the min. wage, fewer americans will be doing any job for any amount......

you'd think the senate could at least DO A BUDGET as they are required to do, by law.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 03:58:15 PM »

I think that stinks, but $900/year isn't really a huge raise.

The whole package amounts to over 11 billion dollars over the next 10 years. Over 1 billion a year. To me the bad part about it is if they worked in private business they would be fired because of the sorry job they do. Like Kathy said do not even have a budget as is required by law.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 03:18:58 AM »

Use your head.   grin  If Harry Reid  and the Senate he controls passed a budget, then we would know what they're up to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next