Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 22, 2014, 08:34:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Still Alive  (Read 1524 times)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« on: December 22, 2012, 04:04:02 AM »

Are ya’ll still alive?  Looks like humanity has survived another dooms day.  What are the odds. 

You just have to wonder why the media hypes this kind of trash and why people listen.  I can still remember my co workers thinking the world was going to come to an end in 2000 because some computer geek didn’t add another bit to encode the year.  They were buying rooms full of toilet paper, light bulbs, food, and OF COARSE ammo.  I’m sure this won’t surprise many here, but they are all Republicans!

What’s the next doomsday on the calendar?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 10:47:28 AM »

i don't know, but i hope they come up with another.  i am a great fan of the B, end of the world, syfy movies!   grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 11:20:22 AM »

I’m sure this won’t surprise many here, but they are all Republicans!

What’s the next doomsday on the calendar?

The dems do it for not personal reasons, but for political gain.
The republicans do it for other reasons. Buying all that stuff boosts the economy. Good for everyone.  grin
Hollywood, who makes movies (The left) does it for money.

The left claims that republicans will starve your kids, allow handicap folks to die, and all folks will lose their jobs. The list is endless in claiming doomsday scenarios if any republican ever holds office.

So I think the next doomsday prediction will come along with the next presidential election. Unless you watch MSNBC which predicts the end of our country almost every night. Heck, we can't even survive as a society with guns. Without total government control, we are doomed. We can not fend for ourselves, or help ourselves without the government. The message is heard all the time.

Was this what you were looking for?  Wink

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 12:19:10 PM »

These doomsday dates seem like a relatively recent phenomenon, at least from what I can recall.  We had the nuts of Heaves Gate in the late 90s, then Y2K, the some 90 year old religious nut a year or two ago, and now people believing in this ridiculous Mayan calendar thing.  Prior to that, people didn’t seem to get fixated on a given date since we could get wiped out any day of the week by the Soviets.  

Some counties in Michigan canceled school on Thursday and Friday because of this Mayan nonsense and the lingering effects of the shooting in Connecticut.
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 03:58:15 PM »

Bluebee
what did I tell you about that ya'll thing!!!  Dont make me come over there
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 04:48:38 PM »

Some counties in Michigan canceled school on Thursday and Friday because of this Mayan nonsense and the lingering effects of the shooting in Connecticut.

Our kids had off those days as part of the Christmas holiday break. And our school missed no days because of the shooting. Michigan must have lots of dems that don't celebrate Christmas, and crapped themselves about the shooting.  Wink I pity the kids.  grin

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
divemaster1963
Field Bee

God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 10:09:11 PM »

Dag gamut. NOW I have to pay for that 60 foot yacht and the Maserati in the drive. Cry

John
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 10:31:17 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

it seems to be as old as history.

stories of end of the world events go back to the Sumerians. guess everyone has always thought the world had ended as it was and would end as it is, again.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 02:51:14 AM »

Doesn't matter they have moved it to Sunday now according to one guy in an article I read on it.  So everybody hold on for the ride I might have to redo the plan I came up with to save the world on Friday.   grin

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 08:41:32 AM »

Our kids had off those days as part of the Christmas holiday break. And our school missed no days because of the shooting. Michigan must have lots of dems that don't celebrate Christmas, and crapped themselves about the shooting.  Wink I pity the kids.  grin
School was cancel here for one day because of the storm not the mayans.   Bjorn Western Michigan is 90% republican.  Over here we locked and loaded not crapped
Joe D
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 11:11:03 AM »

Yeap, Blue we are still kicking, thanks for asking.  We still use ya'll,guess you can too. The rest of the comments didn't really apply to me.  I am not a Dem. or Rep.
 I vote for the person, not the party.  I do vote mostly for Rep. though.  At least you didn't blame the drunken sailor, I was one of them.  And I do have my guns and ammo.  Merry Christmas to you all,

Joe
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 12:09:08 PM »

Interesting List Kathyp.

Even that Nut Pat Robinson predicted doomsday huh?  And people still follow these guys? 

I do recall the old 6/6/6 prediction, now that you mention it, but I still don't recall the media hyping these things prior to Y2K.  Maybe they've discovered there are 'consumers' for that type of 'news' so now it gets their attention.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 12:17:03 PM »

but I still don't recall the media hyping these things prior to Y2K.

we were just getting into the 24/7 news at that time.  now we can consume, and obsess over, "news" in many forms all day long.

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 12:19:01 PM »

I think I'll agree with you for a change  Smiley

Merry Christmas!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 03:05:09 PM »

LOL

the world might really be coming to an end!!  evil

Merry Christmas to you also, and everyone else!

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 11:56:44 AM »

And my in-laws just requested a recipe and ingredients for kale chips, so I honestly felt the earth shifting under my feet.  evil

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 03:01:46 PM »

My calendar ends on Dec 31, 2012... I guess that's the end of the world if it's the end of the calendar?

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next