Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 22, 2014, 12:07:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apologies  (Read 834 times)
Jeanette
House Bee

« on: December 23, 2012, 07:09:19 PM »

I just found out that my avatar photo turned into an image of an advertisement on this site.   jail

Sorry - my fault. I was tweaking my website settings to prevent unauthorised hotlinking and forgot to allow access to my avatar photo. All fixed now.  Smiley

Jeanette
HiveTasks software for beekeepers
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 07:46:08 PM »

oh no!!!  30 lashes  grin

pretty sure no harm done.......

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jeanette
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 08:19:47 PM »

I figured that I had better own up to my mistake - I don't want to be reported for breaking advertising rules!

Jeanette
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 01:59:08 AM »

It’s been a while since I did some ASP.NET….how do you detect unauthorized hot linking?  Do you just blanket reject any page requests out of sequence or something?  An abnormal number of hits? 
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 02:38:15 AM »

OK, I got my chuckle for the night.  I was checking out your site and I got blocked by the Spamhaus when I clicked on the hive temperature link  Smiley.  I don't think I'm a spammer, but some of my conservative friends here might disagree  laugh laugh laugh
Jeanette
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 07:43:06 PM »

how do you detect unauthorized hot linking? 

I can't claim to be an expert on preventing hotlinking. I know just enough about it to blanket-ban everyone from linking to my images (except my own website). Oh yes, and the recent addition - how to allow anyone to link to my avatar.

The two ways I know about are to edit the .htaccess file (for Apache servers) or write some code (for Zeus servers). Either method checks what website requested the image and then either displays the real image or a pre-determined default image.

Apache htaccess http://www.htaccesstools.com/hotlink-protection/
Zeus http://www.register365.com/knowledge/scripting/rewrite_scripts/244-how_to_prevent_other_people_from_stealing_images.html

Jeanette
Jeanette
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 07:59:45 PM »

OK, I got my chuckle for the night.  I was checking out your site and I got blocked by the Spamhaus when I clicked on the hive temperature link  Smiley.  I don't think I'm a spammer, but some of my conservative friends here might disagree  laugh laugh laugh

Ah BlueBee, Spamhaus must have liked you a little bit ... you got to see the hive temperature link!  grin

Isn't the internet fun? <wry grin> At least this isn't a hotlinking problem! I added a Spamhaus spam filter to my blog recently to cut down on the Gucci handbag comments. Either you are a prolific Gucci salesperson or the Spamhaus filter has proven a little bit too strict for my needs.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll take a look at it today.

Jeanette
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next