Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 18, 2014, 07:09:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let it snow!  (Read 2148 times)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2012, 11:48:21 PM »

It’s hard to beat Mt Hood in back yard!  What a view.  It’s beautiful out there in Oregon.

I proved Isaac Newton was right once again on the way home from Christmas eve shopping.  Luckily there was enough room on the road to prove him right while not ruining Christmas. grin
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2012, 08:39:54 AM »

" Willamette , Cascades and Mt Hood"      I'm a brewer and these are my favorite american hops
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 10:07:58 AM »

We got out of church last night and the snow was falling hard.   :shock:By the time we got to delivering fudge down the Sandy River I was wondering if we were going to get out.   :?Kids ran out in the dark to make a snowman.  When it is 38 out you got to get on that in a hurry!
Luvin, we are inland just a piece.  It goes Pacific Ocean, coast range, Willamette valley, Cascades. I am at the base of Mt Hood in the Valley.  Nice place to live, Coast range drys the air some but the Cascades keeps her from getting too dry.
You cheese heads are nuts!  You got to be crazy to grow up there.  Well after 18 yrs of it I joined the Navy and never went back for more than a week.  I lived by the Mitchell Park Domes in Milwaukee WI and my dad had us shovel all the walks of the old people around us.  I hope somebody is helping them now.
Yup still got part of the accent. laugh

What? Nuts? We LOVE the snow, well some of us do. It's a lot easier when you're living on a farm and have a lot of heavy equipment for moving it. Growing up, I remember us kids shoveling out the long driveway by hand. The garage door used to get drifts sometimes up to 6 feet high. These days, DH does it all by tractor and Bobcat Smiley

DH and I were in Oregon for our 10th. It was in August and one-teens inland, but a really dry heat that was easy to hike in. Then we got the coastline and were so cold! I had pictured swimming in the ocean, not realizing it was so bitter cold that we could hardly even wade in it. Still loved hiking the coastlines, exploring tide pools... Got in on a blackberry festival in a teeny town and loved it Smiley

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next