Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 18, 2014, 09:59:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban college education  (Read 1872 times)
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« on: December 18, 2012, 11:24:41 AM »

A student at NUI has died due to a hazing incident. This is a tragedy that has happened far to many times in this country. I urge the president to do all in his power to stop this needless loss of life. I ask that he abolish all college institutions. All higher education must stop.

Recent deaths include a band member who also died after hazing.

Will "anti-hazing" laws work? Oh wait.....hazing is forbidden at most colleges. Yet it still happens.

The only reasonable conclusion would be to stop all colleges. Take away the college, and you take away the hazing. Take away the hazing, and you stop the killing.

Too bad for those wanting the freedom of going to college. We MUST do whatever we need to do to stop this.

In countries with no college programs, you do not see this type killing. Some would say it only happens here. So we should take the same stance as countries with no large universities. 

STOP EDUCATION BEFORE IT KILLS AGAIN.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 11:28:39 AM »

I'd say the logic and arguments of many conservatives are an argument for mandatory college education  evil

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 11:36:37 AM »

since most of the professors range between liberal and rabidly liberal, i'd say the old adage 'those who can, do; those who can't, teach', holds pretty true.  evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 11:55:47 AM »

That's interesting. The only "liberal" thing I remember learning about in college was about the environment, which should not be a liberal versus conservative issue. Hard to get liberal about biology, chemistry, nutrition, anat/physiology.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 11:58:51 AM »

I'd say the logic and arguments of many conservatives are an argument for mandatory college education  evil

Doesn't surprise me that some would hold that thought.  Wink

But I think it would carry over to mandatory gun classes and required to carry laws.

Mandatory education for stupid folks, and guns for those who do not know how to use them properly.

Is that about right?

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 12:03:26 PM »

That's interesting. The only "liberal" thing I remember learning about in college was about the environment, which should not be a liberal versus conservative issue. Hard to get liberal about biology, chemistry, nutrition, anat/physiology.

Like a puppet that never realizes the strings, and defends the very puppet master who enslaves....you never saw it coming did you!

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 12:05:39 PM »

Never saw "what" coming? I remember being taught the scientific method, how to judge studies to know if they're biased or not, etc. My degree was science based. Perhaps the arts are different.

As for other education, at home I was taught to not insult others, and calling someone dumb enough to be a puppet unable to see the strings manipulating them, well that's just rude.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 12:26:28 PM »

As for other education, at home I was taught to not insult others, and calling someone dumb enough to be a puppet unable to see the strings manipulating them, well that's just rude.

Oh come on miss "Republicans are so stupid that there should be mandatory education".

Typical stance from the left.....you think you can say anything, yet complain when the other side does it. Did they teach you that in college too?

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 12:28:37 PM »

"Some conservatives," not Republicans. My father, brothers, FIL and husband are all non-college-educated Republicans. There are no men on earth I love and admire more. However, the "logic" and arguments of "some conservatives" and, honestly, some liberals, are so poor that perhaps college education should be mandatoryl.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 12:40:30 PM »

Trying to divide comments against liberals and democrates is hard to do. The words are interchageable to most. Same with conservatives and republicans. Most use the terms as one.

Slice it, dice it, rationalize it all you want. At the end of the day, if you need to defend it, while some read it the way they do, it still might possibley be wrong or oaffensive regardless of which of those two words your use.

BTW....I am against ANYONE demanding, suggesting, or dictating to others what they should do. You may of said it jokingly. Unfortunately, that is also a fabric of our society that is becoming all to real. What to eat, what to say, what to weigh, what to own, etc.

In beekeeping alone, it is becoming ever too real that others will tell you IF you can keep bees. And I do not think that mandatory education is that far off. Say something offensive, racist, or anything else not deemed the norm, and you will be forced to take "sensitivity" classes. Get mad easily.....anger management.

Harry Bellefonte just this week called for the President to jail anyone not on his side or trying to obstruct the "will" of the people. Jail might come about later. But I bet you would see "re-education centers" long before that.

That is what we need.....one side calling for others to be "mandatory" educated.

Did your mother teach you that also?

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 01:01:41 PM »

Just as I assume you were joking about mandatory closing of colleges, I was joking about mandatory college education. We already have mandatory early education. 

We could nitpick all day about terms, but all I'm saying is that I don't paint all liberals/Democrats or conservatives/Republicans with the same brush. I'm related to, married to, friends with all types.

I think you're getting a bit dramatic about how far PC could go. It's possible if you had ever been a woman getting your butt grabbed or commented on while at work, you could see some of the benefits of a little more sensitivity. Or a black person not allowed to choose your seat on a bus. But, hopefully, we don't go too far in either direction. I was fired from my first job as a young teen after repeatedly fending off the advances of my male supervisor. I was too quiet, scared and timid in those days. Wish I could do it over again. Wish I had even known enough to ask for help in fighting that one. So, I think there are generally good reasons we get pc, but I agree we sometimes go too far.

My father taught me not to argue with complete strangers. Guess I didn't learn that one too well. My mother taught me that women can do anything, and that I was perfectly capable of doing anything I wanted to do. She is/was definitely not a feminist, but she is/was a strong capable woman. She didn't go to college and didn't care much whether I did or not, as long as I chose what I wanted to do, it was productive, and I did it well.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 01:21:14 PM »

i'm not surprised that you would not recongnize liberal indoctrination, but you sure did absorb it!  it is equally interesting that you equate college with education, or the ability to form logical thought. 

anyway...this is the kind of liberal thinking from the so called educated and understanding the results doesn't take college education.

Connecticut Senate Bill 452 was proposed in February “to enhance the care and treatment of persons with psychiatric disabilities in both inpatient and outpatient settings.” But the bill was defeated in March, with opposition calling it “outrageously discriminatory.” The ACLU said the bill would “infringe on patients’ privacy rights by expanding [the circle of] who can medicate individuals without their consent.”

this has been going on since the 80's and has gotten progressively worse.  everyone knows it.  no one is willing to stand against the ACLU on anything.  they let these liberal loons dictate the kind of society we will have and because we will not stand against them, we have what we deserve.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 01:55:36 PM »

So someone with conservative thinking reached that by logic, life experience and common sense, but someone who thinks liberally is a puppet of their education and indoctrinated? I'm constantly amazed at the things slung around on this site.

My most liberal viewpoints are these:
1. Protect the environment. I live in nature, I make my living from growing food, I for years had to buy bottled water during my pregnancy years since our well water was contaminated. I saw my neighbor overspray his crops to the extreme, I saw him die of cancer in his 50s. I love nature. I want to protect it.

2. I think people should not be allowed to starve. It's basic human decency, and it comes from my religious views, normally associated with being a conservative. But liberals have religious views, too.

3. I think we should have less war. It's vicious, it rarely solves anything (at least in recent history), it drains the federal coffers, it's devastating to all involved.

I'm sorry, but in a college education based on science, it's hard to come up with too much liberal indoctrination. I had a course in women's studies, but the strong women in my family had already taught me all I needed to know about the abilities of women.

I think anyone with a brain can have a life of education, either formal or self education. I graduated college 16 years ago and hope to never stop learning. My parents never went, and have never stopped learning.

As for ridiculous legislation, both parties come up with it. I still remember a proposal by a MI representative to force foster children to receive only used clothing, this as a great way to balance the state budget. I don't hold one idiotic proposal against all Republicans. I don't know the details of this particular bill, but I'm guessing you would hate to be medicated against your own choice.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 02:10:33 PM »

1. Protect the environment. I live in nature, I make my living from growing food, I for years had to buy bottled water during my pregnancy years since our well water was contaminated. I saw my neighbor overspray his crops to the extreme, I saw him die of cancer in his 50s. I love nature. I want to protect it.

as you say, it's not all or nothing.  when you declare that your intention is to destroy an industry that many people depend on to eat, that's not a policy that i can get behind.  if you would rather buy oil from countries that hate us, than drill in your own ground, that's just stupid.  if you won't cut trees because they are old...that's stupid too.
if you want to keep people from dumping poison into the water, i am all for that, but if you want tear down dams because some fish might get hurt....you guessed it....

2. I think people should not be allowed to starve. It's basic human decency, and it comes from my religious views, normally associated with being a conservative. But liberals have religious views, too.

then feed them.  do not make them dependent on government and give them cash that they can spend on whatever they want...other than food.  go back to the old vouchers that can only be  used for food.  limit the kind of food that can be purchased.  limit the time people can stay on.

3. I think we should have less war. It's vicious, it rarely solves anything (at least in recent history), it drains the federal coffers, it's devastating to all involved.

nobody likes war.  when you figure out how not to ever go to war, i'll be nominating you for the peace prize...oh wait...our current prez got that and he's going about killing folks with drones and assassinating US citizens.  oh well, maybe that's better than real war?

As for ridiculous legislation, both parties come up with it. I still remember a proposal by a MI representative to force foster children to receive only used clothing, this as a great way to balance the state budget. I don't hold one idiotic proposal against all Republicans. I don't know the details of this particular bill, but I'm guessing you would hate to be medicated against your own choice.

well, you are right about that.  all of the homeland security and TSA crap came with the full support and help of the right...most of the right.  bush didn't want much of it, but was overrun by his own.

as for medicating people against their own will...i don't care if they want it or not.  if they are a danger to society or a severe nuisance, they need to be put away and medicated.  and kept put away.  we all know people who go into an institution, get medicated, get turned loose, and go off their meds.  in short order, they are a menace again.  the public has a right not to have to put up with that crap.
there is one down the street.  parents call for help.  son gets hauled off.  gets stabilized.  comes home.  tears up the house and threatens his family again.  it's not a money issue that keeps him coming home, it's his "rights".

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 02:18:01 PM »

when you declare that your intention is to destroy an industry that many people depend on to eat, that's not a policy that i can get behind. 
You lost me here.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 07:23:33 PM »

Oh come on miss[.]
"Republicans are so stupid that there should be mandatory education".

Typical stance from the left.....you think you can say anything, yet complain when the other side does it. Did they teach you that in college too?

That is what they TRIED to "teach" (indoctrinate) me with.

I want to remind you that the whole United Nation's Global Warming idioticy is a Classic Leftist agenda that is only designed to spread the wealth around.
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 07:49:32 PM »

Oh come on miss[.]
"Republicans are so stupid that there should be mandatory education".

I want to remind you that the whole United Nation's Global Warming idioticy is a Classic Leftist agenda that is only designed to spread the wealth around.

lau

You are correct. What amazes me are the folks that actually think global warming, climate change, and carbon credits has anything to do with the saving of the environment. Fools they are.

It has to do with a systematic approach of finding a cause (poor folks starving around the world), finding the means of controlling the distribution of food (Monsanto and other GMO seeds, patented farming and a monopoly on food production), a crooked administrator of the program (the U.N.) , and finding a way to pay for it (Carbon credits that we will pay for). It is a trillion dollar game that those in the right positions will reap the benefit. It will not be the average tax payer. It will be sold as a way to "save" the environment, and feed the people of the world. Who can argue about that? But it will do neither. It will enslave people around the world, and do absolutely nothing to lower carbon emissions. It is about making money via wealth distribution. But the vast majority of money will go to biotech companies and players in the game. and on a scale you can not even imagine.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 08:22:05 PM by BjornBee » Logged

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 07:54:14 PM »

KingBee are you back from class now? grin  You know I've missed your comments lately.  Where you been?
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 01:48:35 AM »

OK, just catching up on this thread...

I'd say the logic and arguments of many conservatives are an argument for mandatory college education  evil
OK, now that one is funny!

Now here's a good question.  Just how long does it take our Conservative friends to get to the point where they know it all?  Just curious.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 07:46:30 AM »

They can't. If they do, they become libs.

HA! You stepped in that one with both feet.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 12:37:39 PM »

You lost me here.

was referring to obama and the coal industry.

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 12:54:49 PM »

when you declare that your intention is to destroy an industry that many people depend on to eat, that's not a policy that i can get behind. 
You lost me here.
Well, by that logic, you won't be fighting child prostitution or drugs, either.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next