Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 23, 2014, 10:20:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep your hands off my rights and my guns!  (Read 11492 times)
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« on: December 15, 2012, 09:50:59 PM »

Before you post! Please read....

This thread is for folks to comment on why they like the gun freedoms that we have in this country.

This thread focused on one side of this position is intended to keep opposing views from crossing and getting folks in a frenzy.

If you are for gun control laws, please start your own thread so you can hear others with the same viewpoints.   

Just leave this thread to those who don't want to see any further gun laws passed. This way any debate, contrasting views, anything seemingly approaching "bickering" can be completely eliminated.

Thank you.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 10:02:30 PM »

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 10:12:17 PM »

I think all beeks should be allowed to own BB guns. applause applause applause
Joe D
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 10:34:08 AM »

Yeap, I like guns.  I have had a gun since I was 5 or 6. It was a BB gun.  You didn't use to have background checks or age requirements, but i think we do need them.  With that said the first gun that I bought was a Ted Williams 12 gauge pump, poly choke and ribbed barrel, I was 13.  Had been looking at it every time I went to Sears, picked up pecans and saved my money and got it.  Now days what would people think.  I have several guns, rifles, shotguns and a pistol or two.  I like to hunt, just shoot, and for protection.  I taught my kids how to handle and respect guns, and now teaching grand kids.

Joe
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 11:45:37 AM »

I too like guns. Love to hunt and shoot, although not as much as when I was younger. My neighbor has a very nice shooting range (up to 300 yards). I have a dozen or so rifles, shotguns, and pistols. At one time I was big into reloading and have dies for most of the calibers that I own. Haven't touched that stuff in years. It may be time to show it to my grandson. He his a smart computer nerd (lol) and probably not be interested since it does not have a screen or remote.

Steve     

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
tefer2
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »

We have a long line of hunting heritage in my family. I wouldn't want anyone messing that up.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 03:46:55 PM by tefer2 » Logged
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 01:11:01 PM »

yup. before the start talking about taking away my guns, they ought to be addressing the "rights" issues that have nuts on the streets, discipline taken out of the hands of parents and teachers, and any kind of morality labeled as religion and banned from the public square....and i'd include in that, prayer in schools.  it doesn't hurt the little psyche of the snot nosed to believe in a higher power watching them.  they can reject it later.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 01:15:55 PM »

All my 6 year old son has talked about for the past couple of months is his Red Ryder bb gun that he is going to get from Santa.   That is the only thing he wants from Santa.
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 02:22:49 PM »

All my 6 year old son has talked about for the past couple of months is his Red Ryder bb gun that he is going to get from Santa.   That is the only thing he wants from Santa.

Careful..he will shoot his eye out...

Love that movie Smiley

Both my sons have  Red Ryders and now Cricket .22's.
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 04:44:02 PM »

If I had a dollar for every BB that I shot through a Red Ryder...................

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
divemaster1963
Field Bee

God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 04:49:13 PM »

Friday I just picked up a Marlin917v .17HMR. Now there talking about banning Smi-auto hand guns. what next the BB guns then slingshots. Then Biggist Problem is that states are closing all the state run mental hospitals around the country because its the easiest cut they can make then they just let all the patent's out and tell then they are on their own and to go to the hospital if they need anything. If they have the ability to make a rational decision to go to a hospital they would not have been in the institution in the first place. So Now we have all these previous patents out on the streets and in over whelmed homes that families just can't handle. so most are just given to much unsupervised freedom. the rest that have no homes either commit crimes and end up in the jails of local cities or just wander the streets. check out the statistics for the country jails. more than 50 percent of the inmates have mental problems and they have become revolving door hotels.( but that's another thread.) I have grandchildren and I would lay down my life for then in a heart beat. but if I came across a event like this he would not have been able to do the amount of killing he did. Because I would have put 2 slugs in his chest and a tap to the head. I conceal and carry everywhere I go in public.

John

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 06:01:10 PM »

....and i'd include in that, prayer in schools. 
Guns and religion, always a good pairing. laugh laugh laugh

Sorry, I don't live in Iran nor do I want a bunch of Ayatollyah's telling me how to pray.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 06:08:36 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4581871.stm

http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/594843-uk-knife-ban.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knife_legislation

this is where you head when you start legislating aginst the weapons rather than against the criminal.  i added the widipedia article because you can look from there to all of the lelgislations that regulate "weapons" in the UK.  

then you have
http://mothersagainstknives.tripod.com/

"The government has also expressed they will review other weapons that serve no purpose in our society in due course."

because we want to government to decide what serves a purpose and what doesn't.

and last, but not least, the pointy knife argument.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7508404.stm

i post all of this because we think it can't happen here, yet it has all happened within my lifetime in the UK, a country that doesn't even require you to carry a divers license when you are out driving.  this is a country with a proud history of military and hunting.  they were not strangers to protecting their own land.  certainly not stranger to guns.  yet now, you'd never find a gun owner except on a farm, where the are limited to a 2 shell shotgun.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 06:09:22 PM »

Sorry, I don't live in Iran nor do I want a bunch of Ayatollyah's telling me how to pray.

sure, because that's our history and it's exactly where we'll end up again.  do you think before you post?

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2012, 06:32:31 PM »

""Sorry, I don't live in Iran nor do I want a bunch of Ayatollyah's telling me how to pray.""

Are you serious? What's the difference in telling you how and telling you not to. You're controlled either way.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
divemaster1963
Field Bee

God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 10:30:46 PM »

In England they must expect you to use your finger to nag a thug into submission and tell him he must wait for the bobby before he or she leaves with your personal items or after trying to kill you. I sure  the criminals have great honor and respect for the law over their.

the only bad gun is the Criminal with it in their hands and not having one in your own. The Criminals are hoping for more legislation to ban guns . if their is no legislation it could be bad for their business.

john
 Jerry
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 10:50:54 PM »

In England they must expect you to use your finger to nag a thug into submission and tell him he must wait for the bobby before he or she leaves with your personal items or after trying to kill you.

funny thing is, a lot of the cops are not armed.  they have to have extra special training to carry a gun.  remember that guy that was driving around shooting people a couple of years ago?  the cops had to call the special cops with guns to go after the guy.

i asked my sisters BIL about it last time i was over there.  did he feel safe, or did he feel that just calling the cops was adequate for his protection.  he said no.  yet, they go along with this kind of stuff...just as i suspect we will, because no one wants to tackle the real issues.

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 10:23:18 AM »

How about this? Keep your guns, but be held fully accountable if they are stolen or found lying about. And by stolen, I don't mean the entire gunsafe is taken and blown open, I mean you had a lousy gun cabinet in the first place or didn't even have them locked up. I hear in MN recnetly a 4-yo shot his infant brother with a loaded handgun the parents had lying around.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2012, 10:38:17 AM »

Luvin honey, if you leave your car unlocked and 2 teenagers steal it and die when they wreck it, will you plead guilty to murder?

Think about what you are suggesting.

*Shel Silverstein*
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2012, 10:55:47 AM »

iddee--is a car's main purpose to kill? Are you suggesting people owning firearms should not be responsible for keeping them locked up? Is that too invasive of a person's rights. I was taught from a child up that "rights" came with responsibilities.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next