Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 02, 2014, 05:19:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here we go again  (Read 2572 times)
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 11:18:31 AM »

but that wasnt your argument you just gave numbers of civilian deaths and we told you why.

If someone invaded America who knows. The looney left would dance in the streets at the downfall of America right up until the invaders detached their heads. The extrme gun nuts would defend the country until the last gun was pried from some rednecks cold dead fingers

whats your point?
C'mon, Keith, really? This Loony Left has a house full of guns (DH's, to be sure) and I guarantee you I would grieve deeply if America fell to anyone. I love this country deeply. You don't have to agree with ALL the govt's actions to love your country. If you can't stand Obama in office, yet still love America, I'm sure you understand that.

As for the rest, I'll have to keep reading on. I'm not happy at all at the thought of more war. I have wondered often if there would be so much war if women were the heads of nations.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2012, 11:23:05 AM »

TBeek Trust me I do not see you as the enemy.

Luvin honey I don't see you as the looney left I see you as more left of center, but if you want to jump in the looney bin far be it from me to stand in the way grin

But to be honest I truly believe folks on the far left are waiting for America to fail I believe there is a since of guilt among them for what I dont know.

Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 11:35:37 AM »

And back to the question at hand

I saw the syrian rebels AKA Al Quaeda now have chemical weapons (its on youtube you can watch them search syrian rebels kill rabbits) do you think obama will launch strikes against them when they utilize chemical weapons? Because his current stance is he supports the rebels now low and behold these same rebels/terrorist/Al Quaeda/ insurgents whatever he wants to call them have the means to wipe life off the face of the earth on a massive scale. My o my what is America to do now?

Do you think once they take control of syria they plan to establish a utopia for all people to coexist peacefully?

It will not be long until an attack on American soil will happen again

sad day

Keith
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 11:38:04 AM »

Perhaps those on the Left who you assume are 'waiting' for America to fail are just bearing wittness to the Right pushing America off the cliff?  

Just a diferent perspective to think about.  I'm NOT taking sides.

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2012, 11:38:39 AM »

TBeek Trust me I do not see you as the enemy.

Luvin honey I don't see you as the looney left I see you as more left of center, but if you want to jump in the looney bin far be it from me to stand in the way grin
But to be honest I truly believe folks on the far left are waiting for America to fail I believe there is a since of guilt among them for what I dont know.

Thank you Smiley I actually value your opinion, as you seem pretty reasonable.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 11:40:03 AM »

Some of our policies/wars have made life very difficult (or ended it) for many other people of many other nations. We've also done a lot of good, or tried to. But I doubt there are many nations that no blood on their hands, including us.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 11:46:59 AM »

How many times will history repeat itself? The same people we climb into bed with, then cause our later problems?

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 01:04:19 PM »

TBeek, I think you and I agree on many of the world's problems. It's the cause and cure we disagree on. The invite still stands if you ever get in this area. Face to face, we will likely agree on much more. Black and white print is not the best way known to transfer thoughts.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 01:19:47 PM »

So true, so true  Smiley

FRAMEshift
Super Bee

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 02:06:15 PM »

This is how America justifies killing civilians in other Countries, labling them all combatants.  Nothing new there, its an "OLD" story.  

And "what if" the roles were reversed?  Or are we talking about that old line of "Might makes Right" regardless who is killed?

Like past societies WE use any and all means to satisfy the demands of our Masters.
T Beek knows whereof he speaks.  Read "All the Shah's Men" for an in-depth analysis of the CIA's role in overthrowing Mossadeq and re-installing the Shah.  https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/csi-studies/studies/vol48no2/article10.html   This is why so many Iranians don't trust us.

"You never can tell with bees."  --  Winnie-the-Pooh
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2012, 02:49:46 PM »

I have wondered often if there would be so much war if women were the heads of nations.

only if they are along the lines of Thatcher...or maybe Boadicea.   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2012, 02:59:50 PM »

You have to wonder if she would have attacked if she had not been beaten, or her daugthers raped.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2012, 04:55:42 PM »

i'd like to think she wouldn't have taken being conquered quietly.  even if it was a quiet conquering.  who knows....and who knows if the story is even accurate in the first place?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2012, 08:02:27 PM »

It's interesting to think about Smiley I bet there were more women in power through history than the books tell us about, seeing as men wrote the books and all.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 05:52:58 AM »

This is how America justifies killing civilians in other Countries, labling them all combatants.  Nothing new there, its an "OLD" story.  

And "what if" the roles were reversed?  Or are we talking about that old line of "Might makes Right" regardless who is killed?

Like past societies WE use any and all means to satisfy the demands of our Masters.
T Beek knows whereof he speaks.  Read "All the Shah's Men" for an in-depth analysis of the CIA's role in overthrowing Mossadeq and re-installing the Shah.  https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/csi-studies/studies/vol48no2/article10.html   This is why so many Iranians don't trust us.

HOO-RAY, finally another poster AWARE of our history in IRAN

Mossadeq was the FIRST "democratically" elected person in the Middle East.  And we thought the USA was all about promoting democracy, NOT always or even usually.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 06:21:07 AM by T Beek » Logged

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2012, 05:59:25 AM »

It's interesting to think about Smiley I bet there were more women in power through history than the books tell us about, seeing as men wrote the books and all.

Why do we think its called 'HIStory'  shocked

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2012, 10:17:33 AM »

And we thought the USA was all about promoting democracy

that i'll agree with, and neither should we be.  we should be about promoting our own interests.  this business in the middle east and africa right now is going to come back and bite us....all in the name of democracy.

democracy usually just gives the dictators a foot in the door.

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2012, 02:55:44 PM »

And we thought the USA was all about promoting democracy

that i'll agree with, and neither should we be.  we should be about promoting our own interests.  this business in the middle east and africa right now is going to come back and bite us....all in the name of democracy.

democracy usually just gives the dictators a foot in the door.
I agree. I think the change needs to come from within, not forced from without. Although maybe we could play a supporting role at times in helping enforce what has already been changed from within, if that makes sense.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next