Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 25, 2014, 04:57:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(2)  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats hot on any ones list for Christmas?  (Read 1505 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« on: December 03, 2012, 05:51:20 PM »

Any body have any hot items in mind for this Christmas season? I'd love a new ipad but just a bit pricey yet.I could probably live with something more practical as the desktop and Ipod serve my needs for the most part.The wife would like attachments for the kitchenaid stand mixer I got her last year. Still kicking ideas for Buzzjr.A cruise for the family would be nice one day.  Or a trip to Buds!!
Whats hot on your minds,be it bee keeping or otherwise?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 06:18:14 PM »

skip the apple stuff and go with a nice android based tablet.  better cost and more flexibility with apps and tweaks.  evil

i don't have anything on my list.  the grandkids will be here for a few days right after Christmas so all i'm thinking about is getting ready for them and figuring out ways to keep them entertained!

hey, if jr hasn't played HALO 4 i just  knocked it off and it was pretty good. 

we are going to try for buds again, so it would be great if you all make it!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
edward
Queen Bee

FEED ME HONEY or I`ll smash your screen !

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 07:55:24 PM »

Santa came early to Scandinavia, maybee he was doing a practice run with his sled or maybee I have bee particularly nice this year  grin or not  Wink
Anyway he left this for me DANA api MATIC 1000 Filling machine with exclusive Swienty Electronics http://www.swientyfilling.com/assets/downloads/productsheets/110040_Dana_api_matic_1000-2.pdf

Guess he doesn't see every thing  rolleyes

hope he leaves lots of goodies for you all  Brian

mvh edward  tongue
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 08:12:56 PM »

Anyway he left this for me DANA api MATIC 1000 Filling machine with exclusive Swienty Electronics

if that's what you wanted for Christmas, i am very happy for you!   grin  is that the Scandinavian equivalent of getting a toaster for Christmas?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 08:37:01 PM »

Slide Fire SSAR-15 Bump Fire Stock on a  new .223 maybe?   And then a 100 round drum mag.   
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 08:46:28 PM »

Sad  i can't get any more guns until i get another gun safe.  i already have two and if i put a 3rd in the same room, i'm afraid they'll all end up in the basement. 

i do have one wish though and that is that we don't have any ice storms or big snow when the kids are here.  they might enjoy it for one day, but after that....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Vance G
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 10:28:42 PM »

That is a fine honey bottler Edward.  I hope it makes you wealthy.  I often wonder how much my overfilling to make sure costs in volume of honey.  I have three gun safes worth of guns and no safe!  I should get one safe for some that I could never replace in case of fire.  Kids and grandkids are trained to not touch.  
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 10:40:44 PM by Vance G » Logged
edward
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 06:08:01 AM »

I often wonder how much my overfilling to make sure costs in volume of honey

Yes that is one of there sales pitches and no doubt it is true but the bigger reason that I finally took the plunge and made my wish come true s to save time.
The norm in Sweden is creamed honey, not my favorite but most customers want it so...

6 jars a minute and that I don't have to concentrate on not over filling and the sticky mess that happens when / if I don't shut the honey gate in time, and having to guess the right amount.

It was on sale and after having expanded the number of hives it is the first expensive investment to save time and speed things up . Some say that it will pay for its self after 2 years.
It left a dent in my bank book so I don't think that there will bee much else under the tree or in my stocking  grin but I hope it will free up my time for other things that are more fun to do  grin

mvh edward  tongue

I think I will have some honey on my toast now   Wink
edward
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 06:17:09 AM »

skip the apple stuff and go with a nice android based tablet.  better cost and more flexibility with apps and tweaks.  evil

That's my next wish, surf the web between TV commercials and chat on beekeeping sites  grin

mvh edward  tongue

grin TOYS  grin
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 09:21:52 AM »

I bought the wife an  Ipad 2 she didnt want the small new one. I was happy to hear that as they are a little pricey

for me who knows i might be happy with underwear this year

or i might try to make a duck hunt in the midwest and shoot mallards in a field somewhere

Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas

Keith
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 10:14:53 AM »

A 50% cut in the US Defence Budget and the immediate closing of at least half of the 737 'known' US Military bases located outside US Soil.  We have to begin somewhere. 

An end to subsidizing (talk about entitlements anyone?) the worlds extractor/exploiter, Self-Appropriator Classes, Big Ag, Big Pharma, the 'Congressional Industrial Military Complex' and the con game better known as "health insurance."

That's just a start and it only varires a little bit each year  grin  Alas, I rarely get what I want for Christmas but it sure seems like a good "Christmas" wish  Smiley

WWJD?  Ask a Christian.  Like beekeepers, you'll get lots of answers  cool

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 12:15:32 PM »

Careful there, TBeek. You're starting to make sense. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 03:47:49 PM »

Careful there yourself my Brother, you're just beginning to finally understand where I've been coming from  Smiley all along.

Your sentiment is respectfully appreciated and thrown back at ya  cool

Jim 134
Super Bee

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 05:26:09 PM »

skip the apple stuff and go with a nice android based tablet.  better cost and more flexibility with apps and tweaks.  evil

That's my next wish, surf the web between TV commercials and chat on beekeeping sites  grin

mvh edward  tongue

grin TOYS  grin

Come join us at  Ventrilo Voice/Text chat (beemaster)

Set up
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,5880.0.html

The new IP changed for ventrilo   (August 13, 2011)
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,34335.0.html

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 Smiley

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 11:56:24 AM »

A 50% cut in the US Defence Budget and the immediate closing of at least half of the 737 'known' US Military bases located outside US Soil.  We have to begin somewhere. 

An end to subsidizing (talk about entitlements anyone?) the worlds extractor/exploiter, Self-Appropriator Classes, Big Ag, Big Pharma, the 'Congressional Industrial Military Complex' and the con game better known as "health insurance."

That's just a start and it only varires a little bit each year  grin  Alas, I rarely get what I want for Christmas but it sure seems like a good "Christmas" wish  Smiley

WWJD?  Ask a Christian.  Like beekeepers, you'll get lots of answers  cool
Ditto!

We very much believe in Jesus in our household, but we don't celebrate Christmas the commercial way. So Christmastime is a very lovely, quiet, peaceful time in our household Smiley And very cheap! We'll probably just play games with the kids, go sledding if there's snow, maybe get together with family if anyone's around.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 12:32:50 PM »

We'll be having a very 'traditional' bon fire starting at sundown the 21st, and keeping it blazing until the 25th, along with family and friends stopping by throughout the five day celebration.

EVERYONE will gain some weight, literally and figuratively  cool

luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 12:48:22 PM »

That sounds like fun! But, wow--what a lot of fuel you must have stacked up!

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 01:29:02 PM »

So Christmastime is a very lovely, quiet, peaceful time in our household Smiley And very cheap! We'll probably just play games with the kids, go sledding if there's snow, maybe get together with family if anyone's around.

that sounds perfect.   Smiley

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 03:02:52 PM »

That sounds like fun! But, wow--what a lot of fuel you must have stacked up!

I suppose it helps to be surrounded by forest which provides us plenty of 'ready to burn' dead and down wood, yet too far gone for the stove in house.  We clean it up and keep the fire danger down.  

The Beaver living behind the house supplied us w/ several years of firewood after moving here, raising the pond 4-6' and killing well over 100 red and white oaks.  

If wood were gold we'd be very wealthy indeed.  

Wealth is in the 'pocket' of the beholder, some are empty, some are full, but the majority is mostly preconceived notions  Wink

Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 09:54:27 AM »

Slide Fire SSAR-15 Bump Fire Stock on a  new .223 maybe?   And then a 100 round drum mag.   

Get it now while you still can.  I'm sure the next round of gun control is coming shortly and they will either become illegal or have a $200 tax stamp like suppressors.   Then again for what they are charging, maybe there already is a $200 tax  Wink

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next