Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 02, 2014, 01:21:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I was wrong............ Author unknown, but I agree 100%  (Read 4304 times)
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2012, 02:43:11 PM »

Luvin girl, your kind has suceeding in doing most of the castration.   I have raised five children, only two of my genetics but there are 9 kids all calling me grampa.  I am comfortable with that.   Yes, thank you, I am not a murderer and will stay and stand on my values.  A nation was built on those values and is falling on yours.  What a sad empty life you and your kind must have in your hatred for life and any shackles on your percieved rights to do that murder.  I feel sorry for you.  Personally I have a Master who was born a bastard in a barn full of livestock and germs and feces and you undoubtedly would have been there helping Herod hunt him down.  Merry Christmas.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2012, 06:01:21 PM »

Castration, NO. Mandatory Vasectomy, YES. They didn't sew up the ladies so they couldn't do it. They just stopped the reproduction.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2012, 08:00:52 PM »

Good point, iddee. I wonder if involuntary sterilization of men has happened....

Vance, you obviously have some issues, and you definitely don't know me. If you say I have a hatred for life, you clearly have not been reading what I write and you definitely don't know me a bit.

I have not personally castrated a single man in my life, either literally or figuratively. I guess if someone is female and has a strong opinion, that's threatening to you. Or is it only if she disagrees with you? I'm glad to have had a strong father and strong husband who aren't threatened by a woman who has her own opinions.

Women are still not paid as much as men. They hold a tiny percent of public office. They own a tiny percent of all land. They are regularly beaten, raped and violated by men. What great strides have we women made that make you feel castrated, Vance? Is it our ability to vote? To speak on a public forum such as this one? To go to college? I'd be curious what you feel you have lost in your life that is enough to lead to a feeling of castration.

It probably makes you feel better to call my life empty, but you and I apparently believe in the same Saviour. I guess when I read the bible, it tells me to be kind to all people and not harsh. Perhaps you don't interpret it that way. It is incredibly offensive for you to tell me I would have been hunting Him down. You are so completely out of line and behaving exactly how He would despise, and yet you probably feel justified. If you can find any references to abortion in the bible, I would love to hear them. I could give you dozens and dozens on being kind to others.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2012, 09:19:58 PM »

I wonder if involuntary sterilization of men has happened

yes, it was done in mental institutions although the usual way was castration to remove the desire for sex.  it is still done sometimes with sex offenders as a condition of them ever being released.  not sure it makes a difference.

Women are still not paid as much as men
that's actually not true.  if you compare apples and apples, women are paid as much.  the comparison the left uses is the overall amount that women make compared to men.  not an = comparison because women tend to work fewer hours and even take less demanding jobs when they have young children.  + a lot of women work the second job in a marriage and it tends to be a lower paying job.  so yes,  overall women make less, but in the same job, working the same hours and conditions this does not hold up.

They hold a tiny percent of public office. They own a tiny percent of all land. They are regularly beaten, raped and violated by men.

last i looked, fewer women run for public office is  which is generally a prerequisite to holding office.

not many women chose to go into farming on their own.  most i know who own land own it with their husbands.  if you are talking about owning houses, maybe, but i'd like to see the stats on that. also wonder if women in cities tend to wish to rent rather than buy.  no maintenance that way.

as for being regularly beaten, raped, and violated, by men, i bet if you look at the crime stats, as many if not more men are beaten by men, as women beaten by men.  rape?  don't know about regularly, but on that one probably more women are raped by men that other types of rape. 

If you can find any references to abortion in the bible, I would love to hear them

just a guess, but if there were i'd bet that they would not be in favor of it.

when i was a kid i was a bit of a terror.  my grandmother took me aside one day and said  "before you do something, pretend god is standing in front of you.  if you still think that what you want to do is ok with him watching, do it". 
of course, that didn't stick for lots of stuff i did, but it was a good way to judge things that were not so black and white.  sometimes, thinking of it my grandmothers way, things became more black and white.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2012, 05:32:47 AM »

Wow!

Lets look at the Military for some examples of this discussion since it allegedly reflects the community at large  rolleyes

30% of women in the military 'report' being victims of rape or attempted rape in our 'all volunteer' military.  75% 'report' being sexually harassed.

For some twisted (I'm being kind) men, women will always be the easy target and from the case files I've seen women in our military are treated even worse after reporting than civilian victims, which is still pretty bad.  The actual/factual numbers in and out of Military are likely MUCH higher.

I like the idea of castration for rapists, but since it is primarily a violent crime, cutting off other body parts or tattooing a BIG "R" on their forheads perhaps would cause more prevention.  Perhaps.  I don't know.  

A 22 cal bullet is still a pretty cheap remedy.

I do encourage women to get themselves elected, the world needs you....well most of you anyway.  

There seems to be a lot of men around posing as women these days, Ann Coulter comes to mind  grin  Now that is a 'manly' girl, preaching right out of the JOHN BIRCH SOCIETY Play Book.

Kathyp assertion over equal pay is misleading at best, as more women hold 'multiple jobs' than men and if women's work were so easy why don't we ever see men cleaning hotel rooms or (rarely) emptying bed pans?

Sorry but all this defence of rapists (and men in general) is just a little SICK IMO

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2012, 10:11:23 AM »

30% of women in the military 'report' being victims of rape or attempted rape in our 'all volunteer' military.  75% 'report' being sexually harassed.

yeah, well....not so much, but we won't have that conversation here.  i'll just tell you that i have seen the results of women realizing that they have the power to destroy others and it's not pretty. 
your stats would surely be a good argument for not squishing girls and boys together on little tin cans for months at a time, wouldn't it?

Kathyp assertion over equal pay is misleading at best, as more women hold 'multiple jobs' than men and if women's work were so easy why don't we ever see men cleaning hotel rooms or (rarely) emptying bed pans?

read again for comprehension. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2012, 01:16:48 PM »

not many women chose to go into farming on their own.  most i know who own land own it with their husbands.  if you are talking about owning houses, maybe, but i'd like to see the stats on that. also wonder if women in cities tend to wish to rent rather than buy.  no maintenance that way.
I won't answer all of it now, as I'm supposed to be cooking and cleaning right now, no irony intended.

I'll say that I've met many female farmers in vegetable farming. In cattle, dairy and grain in my state, men are the "main" farmers and landowners although the women are generally also fairly involved in the farm.

The women tell me that as short as 1 generation ago, it was difficult to get a loan. Banks did not believe a woman was a safe loan risk. They didn't think she knew how to farm and wouldn't loan her money.

These days, I could get grants with little difficulty as there's an asserted effort to support minority farmers who historically have not had access to land or loans. I'm thrilled to now operate a small business that allows me to be home for my kids, put a lot of food on our table (literally) and help support our family's financial needs. I'm not so sure I could have been here 20 years ago, or perhaps not as easily.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next