Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 01, 2014, 12:45:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think I have an idea  (Read 5601 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2012, 10:37:38 AM »

luvin honey, He said he had no medical ins. His father and sons do have. Anyone who served honorably in the service of the US does have.

I retired in 2007, and watched my stock drop to less than 1/3 of what it was prior. I left it and watched the slow climb back up. It is still less than it was, but is getting near. I also moved from growth stock to dividend stock when an actual income was needed. First, growth stock fluctuates much more and dividend stock gives a steady cash flow, without having to sell the base stock.

Yes, I have worked for companies who offered retirement, but never put any faith in others handling my future any more than I could help, and luckily so. I never stayed at one long enough to become vested. I also learned to pick up my extras with extra money only, such as my beekeeping brings in, and never use direct income for non-essentials. Many could learn from that little statement. It has been a lifesaver for me.

PS. I have always had more than one source of income. My main, full time job plus a number of side incomes such as beekeeping. I didn't lay around when I was not on my"regular job".

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2012, 10:55:10 AM »

I also learned to pick up my extras with extra money only, such as my beekeeping brings in, and never use direct income for non-essentials

i think this is the thing that gets me the most.  i won't go back over my renters and what they did, but they were the perfect example of everything that is wrong with the current system.

people in this country do not know what real poverty is.  they don't know what it is to go without medical care, food, clothing.  kids think if they can't afford the latest xbox game they are poor.

excluding farm kids, when's the last time you saw one work?  mowing lawns, etc.  i can't remember. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2012, 09:50:55 AM »

Although I agree w/ 'some' of that sentiment, your opinion as usual generalizes an entire segment of the population and that's just too easy, besides being plainly wrong. 

Many of today's youth seem to have it more together in many ways compared to past generations for the most part w/ some exceptions, unfortunately many from both sides, are just anecdotal and little more.

You may have to get out more Kathyp grin and raise the bar when soliciting renters in the future.

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2012, 11:42:13 AM »

""Although I agree w/ 'some' of that sentiment, your opinion as usual generalizes an entire segment of the population ""

Yes, sir. And so does yours. If the population was all the same, this argument would not exist. You think we should support all when only a small segment is really in need. We think the weeding of the beggars should be much stronger. There's the argument.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2012, 12:01:48 PM »

We think the weeding of the beggars should be much stronger. There's the argument.

thanks. you said it better  grin

and raise the bar when soliciting renters in the future.

wouldn't that be the evil, rich, land owner taking advantage of the poor, unfortunate, renter?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2012, 02:34:44 PM »

There you both go, putting words in my mouth that were never uttered, or minimally twisting the message I'm 'trying' to convey (to little avail). 

Assumptions are like...... 

I think you both like making enemies (divisions) where none exist.  I understand, your just being good soldiers. 

Been there, done th.......... NEVER AGAIN!

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2012, 02:55:05 PM »

Putting words in your mouth??? They are right there in print. YOU wrote it, not me.

I'm beginning to think you are felling backed into a wall and don't know how to escape. The words "I was wrong" don't exist in your vocabulary, so you have no way out. You just keep hedging and getting nowhere.

*Shel Silverstein*
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2012, 03:25:30 PM »

OK iddee, so why don't you spell it out for me.  Maybe I am too dumb to get what you're asking and I want to provide an answer you can understand as well, so lets begin again.  Is that alright w/ you?

Connect the dots a little closer for me and I'll do the same.

HOWEVER "if" you expect me write you a history lesson, forget it.  I usually get paid to teach so you can do that on your own time.

You know, I try not to comment too much around here and held my breath during the election for the most part but its fun to add another color to these discussions, although some don't make the grade with the intolerant, if you know what I mean.

I've tried to send you and anyone else paying attention, to some of the places I've already been  (in many ways I've led a blessed life)...but that just doesn't work very well around here. 

That old "leading a horse to water" thing, you know?

People tend to 'assume' the worse when new paradigms of thinking and seeing the World are offered unsolicited (most people don't enjoy their personal worldview disrupted, I get that), but there's an awful LOT of that around here, don't you think?. 

If anything I've tried (perhaps not always successful) to expose the "meaningless" of our divisions.  Of course, you'd know that 'if' you really read my words. 

So, gimmi your best shot iddee (figuratively, that is  grin

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2012, 03:50:18 PM »

Question for Tbeek. If you ran a business and hired a new employee who you knew would add 30,000 per year to your income, would you still pay him 50,000 per year and go broke, or would you send him home, or reduce his wages.

I wouldn't put myself in that position to begin with BUT If I hired him @ 50K I wouldn't take it back from him, Id take the loss and eat it.  It wouldn't be the first time I've taken a hit.  

It was life's struggles (and joys) that made me, but they sure didn't give me 'sour grapes' when times were tough........Can't say I've ever blamed anyone 'less-fortunate' for my problems.

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2012, 06:54:08 PM »

Thank You. That is a partial answer.

Now, you say you wouldn't take it back from him, so that leaves 2 alternatives. To complete the answer, would you go broke or send him away? Eventually, as you add other equal employees, that will be the ONLY alternatives.

As for your other responses, no links you have posted have had anything to do with what YOU, TBEEK, would do. That was my question.

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2012, 07:36:32 PM »

Can't say I've ever blamed anyone 'less-fortunate' for my problems.

don't think many of us do.  neither do we...or I, at least, feel that I should be forced to pay for their problems.  being taxed and having the government decide who is worth and who is not is the problem for me.  i am happy to give both money and time to charity.  in that way, i can decide where my time and money goes and i can keep an eye on what is done with both. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2012, 05:56:50 AM »

Thank You. That is a partial answer.

Now, you say you wouldn't take it back from him, so that leaves 2 alternatives. To complete the answer, would you go broke or send him away? Eventually, as you add other equal employees, that will be the ONLY alternatives.

As for your other responses, no links you have posted have had anything to do with what YOU, TBEEK, would do. That was my question.

Dumb hypothetical's are just that. 

If you had 'really' read what was posted (if you really knew what you think you know, about me) you could have answered these q yourself. 

Tell the truth iddee, your just mad because you never made the kind of dough (my definition of a "living wage") I'm talking about, yet I can tell that you feel deserving from all the sour grapes being spit out.  And I suspect that you're 100% correct, you were more deserving.  We all are/were.

As for what I would do.....well I think I'm already doing it right here by sharing/spreading a new/old paradigm.  Like you I retired in 2007 and my body is falling apart so what I do now is about all I can do. 

But I've got a long history of activism and agitation (our State and Federal elected know me very well) against the self-appropriated Powerful (the 'real' takers) among us and only regret that I didn't DO MORE when I was healthy.

How about you iddee.  What have YOU done to make things better?  For you?  Your friends and lovers?  Anything?  Enlighten me please.

There are always more options than the 2 simple ones presented.  As originally said, I wouldn't have placed myself in such a 'hypothetical' position in the first place.  But if I were to find myself in such straights, well I beleive I have already answered this for you, "I'd" take the hit myself.

iddee; I've NEVER posted a 'link' to anything on this site so am not sure what you are talking about, I am however, eternally hopeful that the "individual responsibility" thing you all like to talk about takes over, kicks in and you begin seeking truth wherever it leads. 

That remains a personal choice based on a personal worldview.

Now; Do you want to go back and answer some of the few dozen Q I've asked that remain unanswered?  I'll be waiting  rolleyes

"Ya know that deaf, dumb and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball"  The Who  cool

bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2012, 08:28:34 AM »

BB, door's open and the coffee pot's on. I think we believe a lot of the same thing, but with different ways of expressing.

You put a fresh pot on the last week in April and I will be coming down I-77 and ready for a break. I would stop on the way back from GA, but I hit NC about 2 am... little early for Breakfast and Politics grin

Sugarbush Bees
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2012, 10:38:18 AM »

You have a PM. I am 96 miles from the NC/VA border on I-77., 52, and 311 when you are going south.
I am 300 miles north of the 285 beltway on the north side of Atlanta. 5 to 5 1/2 hours when you are going north.

I'll be waiting.

*Shel Silverstein*
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2012, 11:38:27 AM »

laugh "are you talking to me?" 

Sorry, couldn't resist (I'm down your way at least twice a year though)

JPBEEGETTER
House Bee

« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2012, 04:47:22 PM »

Tbeek ,I notice that on your profile you don't give your age are you ashamed of it .Iddee and I give ours and have been around a long time. I live about 25 miles from him and are about always here looking after my bees. Pots always on ..JPP I retired from a financial institution in 80's  was in computers 34 yrs. so I guess that qualifies me as a southern idiot...JPP
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2012, 04:57:31 PM »

I don't see an age on anyone's profile.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2012, 05:09:01 PM »

Luvin, click on my name. It is, as JBG said, there. Your profile says N?A, I guess that means not available, or """NEVER ASK"".    evil   grin

*Shel Silverstein*
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2012, 05:11:58 PM »

""laugh "are you talking to me?"  ""

Let me know when you are coming and I'll give you directions. Heck, for you I'll even cook up a batch of gator meat.

*Shel Silverstein*
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2012, 05:31:45 PM »

Luvin, click on my name. It is, as JBG said, there. Your profile says N?A, I guess that means not available, or """NEVER ASK"".    evil   grin
Ha--38 Smiley Is that young enough to excuse a bit of political ignorance here and there? Or too old for excuses?

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next