Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 22, 2014, 12:51:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things the MSM ignore  (Read 5356 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2012, 07:22:02 PM »

I see the federal government as the enemy within. It consumes a larger and larger part of our earnings and freedoms every day. They do not have a revenue problem They have a problem with self perpetuating problems that need their attention aka spending other peoples money to fix things.
The people I mentioned actually think it is the governments money they are taking and it harms no one because they have lots of it. And T,these people are choosing a lifestyle lower than what they could achieve on their own if they applied themselves. Because it is easier. I see a young child of one of these people almost  every morning before school getting a quart of chocolate milk and a sugary snack for breakfast before school. They receive food assistance,rent assistance and I am sure they qualify for free meals at school. She drives a Trailblazer(Economical of course) even though she has a family that could ride comfortably in a 4 door sedan. She lives next to the convenience market,a half mile from the grocery store,less than a mile to a hospital,walking distance to the schools and all that. The system is broken. The system is enabling the generational dependence of these people.They actually wear the badge of living on assistance proudly. And like I said,there are a lot in my small town,I imagine it is a much larger problem in the cities.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2012, 05:47:44 AM »

Yep, that's the answer I expected from you kathyp  Sad.  You are soooo predictable  shocked). 

Instead of getting to the bottom of things it is YOUR TRUTH that trumps all others, right?  No room for any alternatives in your world, right?

Hope you have a good life (you really DO deserve it, despite what you seem to think of yourself).  I am truly sorry that your life is so miserable.

I pity few, but I sure pity you  Cry  whether wanted or not)  That's called empathy kathyp.  Got some?

WWJD? 

I'm still waiting for directions grin

What exactly am I full of kathyp?  (Here we go, back in High School, always the path most traveled for some  rolleyes)

Besides opinions and/or experiences that for some reason disturb you and your particular world view?  It is obvious that you base your opinions on 'limited' interactions w/ people of all stripes, obvious to me anyway.

Opinions that have NEVER received a 'thoughtful' response from YOU, just insults and eyerolls.  There's a name for people like that.  Do you know it? 

Don't you at least wonder why you always react this way?  It can't make you feel good, or perhaps it does, heh?  If you ever want to know the reason, just ask me for my 'expert' opinion  grin.  I'll try not to be full of it  laugh laugh laugh

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2012, 06:06:02 AM »

As a debate, all I ever see or hear around here is 'personal' (anecdotal) experiences past down in order to 'lump an entire class' together so 'some' can pass blame onto this ONE particular group that some 'wrongly' assume is stealing something from them/us, while blindly letting (even assisting) the 'real' thieves continue the greatest theft of all.  Our mythological Liberty and Freedom.  

You know, the "GRAND ILLUSION."

Complaints about your own neighbors or your own tenants, both are narrow and so full of assumptions and generalizations its become like MUD filled HATE.  

IMO; Some of you need to just get out in the world more.  Its too easy to blame those less fortunate for the problems caused by the most fortunate, isn't it?

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2012, 06:10:12 AM »

T Beek I never get tired of reading your analysis.  applause applause applause

You are usually spot on.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2012, 06:11:44 AM »

I see the federal government as the enemy within. It consumes a larger and larger part of our earnings and freedoms every day. They do not have a revenue problem They have a problem with self perpetuating problems that need their attention aka spending other peoples money to fix things.
The people I mentioned actually think it is the governments money they are taking and it harms no one because they have lots of it. And T,these people are choosing a lifestyle lower than what they could achieve on their own if they applied themselves. Because it is easier. I see a young child of one of these people almost  every morning before school getting a quart of chocolate milk and a sugary snack for breakfast before school. They receive food assistance,rent assistance and I am sure they qualify for free meals at school. She drives a Trailblazer(Economical of course) even though she has a family that could ride comfortably in a 4 door sedan. She lives next to the convenience market,a half mile from the grocery store,less than a mile to a hospital,walking distance to the schools and all that. The system is broken. The system is enabling the generational dependence of these people.They actually wear the badge of living on assistance proudly. And like I said,there are a lot in my small town,I imagine it is a much larger problem in the cities.

So, do you think a 'living wage' would help or hurt?

I agree buzzbee, the 'system' is broken.  However, IMO; the fixing MUST start at the TOP, whereas you and others who I feel are misguided, want to start at the bottom.  

Remember, those on the bottom didn't create their world or this 'intentionally' broken system, it was done 'for' them and 'to' them by those at the TOP.  

Our methods of repair is what separates us.  Now we are getting somewhere cool cool cool
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 06:47:55 AM by T Beek » Logged

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2012, 09:38:56 AM »

There are 10 skinny wolves, 10 fat wolves, and 10 sheep in a field.

TBeek and assoc. want to remove the fat wolves. Kathyp and assoc. want to remove the skinny wolves. Nobody wants to remove the sheep.

Now they all argue because each are looking at a third of the problem.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2012, 11:02:01 AM »

The solutions I've 'tried' to present are all inclusive iddee.  I'm all about coming together in case you still haven't noticed.  Man, this doesn't have to be so hard.

No one needs to be removed as you've suggested.  That's a little too 'black and white' (easy way out) to just divide humanity into 3 groups IMO.   

With that analogy one can only assume that it is the sheep who make up the majority right?  Who thus, despite their fear of being eaten alive, still hold all the power due to the numbers, but just can't get beyond mis-trusting their fellow sheep long enough to get organized. 

Something like that?  It does have a familiar ring to it  Wink

The "pigs" (we can't forget about the pigs) just need to be put on a 'forced' diet, like they've done to rest of humanity for most of history. 

They/we won't/can't do it w/out all of our available help.

luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2012, 11:46:37 AM »

Seems last year he knew he did not have this authority,
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2011/07/obama-speaks-at-university-of-maryland/1#.ULk0zWf4InU
But the msm is planting in peoples head that he does now:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/22/opinion/22posner.html?_r=0
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jul/19/news/la-pn-clinton-debt-ceiling-20110719
Imagine, since he took office he added 11 TRILLION to the debt ,does not have any plans to reduce spending, wants to forgive student loans,wants to spend more on stimulus and assumes legal authority to raise the amount the government can borrow without oversight. What do people not understand here? the government has no money and produces zero!!! We can not let the status quo keep going. Even their soak the rich plan would only run the government for eight days. Guess where the rst will have to come from? We are selling our children and grandchildren into slavery!!

The highest number I can find is an additional 6 trillion. A lot, but nowhere near 11 trillion.

He plans to cut Medicare/aid significantly, but not as much as the GOP would.

And let's all remember that this is just an expiration of tax cuts. We all used to be at these rates. I hear all about fiscal responsibility, but nobody wants to help pay down the debt. Not the rich, you say. Not me, you say. Then who? And what WOULD you cut to save $?

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2012, 12:21:15 PM »

Those figures mean nothing.  

Its all meant as a diversion or distraction, and its working.  Cry

Slavery NEVER ended.  

The Slave Masters simply are no longer forced into housing or feeding their slaves, that's the only thing that's changed.  A win-win for the well off.  They don't even have to 'see' us anymore.

Question;  How many of you good folks have ever been 'invited' to a Rich Mans Party?  Very few if you'll excuse the assumption  embarassed.  Its a primary difference between the 'have it alls' and the have the left overs.

On the other hand, the rich are always welcome at a Poor Mans Party, we all hope they'll bring more beer  grin

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2012, 12:37:08 PM »

He plans to cut Medicare/aid significantly, but not as much as the GOP would.

And let's all remember that this is just an expiration of tax cuts. We all used to be at these rates. I hear all about fiscal responsibility, but nobody wants to help pay down the debt. Not the rich, you say. Not me, you say. Then who? And what WOULD you cut to save $?

your evidence on medicare cuts?

why should we trust a government that has spent as this one has, with more money?  if the government said "we are going to raise taxes and every bit of that money will go to pay down the debt + we will stop the deficit spending", i'd be going along with it.  that's not what they are saying.
 if you want the old tax rates, how about the old spending rates to go with it?

+ fixing the tax code will bring in revenue without hurting business.  reworking income tax deductions will hit the wealthy exactly where the  libs want to hit them and not touch small business....but that's not what this is about.  it's about punishing the "wealthy". 
Question;  How many of you good folks have ever been 'invited' to a Rich Mans Party?  Very few if you'll excuse the assumption  embarassed.  Its a primary difference between the 'have it alls' and the have the left overs.

you sure whine a lot about the rich. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2012, 02:52:50 PM »

The Rich are a more worthy and deserving adversary than the poor by any definition.  I much prefer the odds when unified with the poor.

I've known plenty of both and am sticking w/ the folks on skid row.  They're more honest.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2012, 03:07:22 PM »

I've known plenty of both and am sticking w/ the folks on skid row.  They're more honest.

so you say, but i bet you are not posting from skid row.

you are the one who always slams generalizations, but you are sure full of them.  here's some for you:  i usually find wealth envy among those who have made very bad choices which they regret, and are now unsatisfied with the state of their life.  or..among those to lazy to change their lives and think that because they continue to exist, they are owed something by others. 

some of your arguments might be valid in 19th century Europe.  in this country, at this time, they are excuses for poor performance and lack of motivation.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2012, 03:45:25 PM »

goodpost

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2012, 04:55:37 PM »

I have only a few regrets and although I've lived on skid row (around the world), was born there in fact and visit more often than you 'assume', I do not ever blame those still there for my few piddly problems.  It just never occures to me.   You don't know me as well as you think.

Nor do I blame them for problems plaguing this world today.  Those who are at fault advertise it to us every day, after all.

Again; WWJD?  Good thing I'm not him  grin  

To be truthful and contrary to more of your 'assumptions' I lead a very "blessed" life these days and am quite content as this world winds down for me, despite witnessing as much needless strife, despair, turmoil, death, destruction, mayhem and exploitation that few amongst us could stomach.  

Still, when my time comes I'm ready to sing my death song, how about you all?

"everyone has a pocketful of preconceived notions"  Me too  laugh  

All we have is the words that are written to inflame the former.  

Seems there's not even a spark of interest in finding commom ground among this crew.  What a waste of good beekeepers grin

Ahhh iddee; and I thought you were finally getting it.................Xin Loi Brother, Xin Loi  Sad

Alas, love is truly blind  cool  Time for a Home Brew......................... cheer

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2012, 06:10:57 PM »

Punishing achievement will get you nowhere. And taking all the earnings of people making over a million would run the government eight days. The Obama plan is a punishment,not a plan to reduce the deficit.When all you look at is punishing achievers and not at what you are spending is irresponsible. All these insignificant cuts either side talk about kicks a neutral budget 10 years down the road.It does nothing to reduce current liabilities.All the unfunded liabilities of the past are coming home to roost. And we know from the past if a dollar goes into the fed they will spend two or more.
The current situation perfectly shows the government cannot spend us into the utopia they promise. Perhaps going off the proverbial cliff will let reality sink in and make the choices the elected bunch have not the kahoonas to do. If they really were more worried about our future than their future reelection they would stand up and say
 "Sorry,we can't do that for you anymore. People,It's time to make it on your own,the leviathon is failing at everything it set out to do.
We have spent enough to make everyone wealthy,yet somehow we all owe 52,073 dollars just settle the debt,not counting current expenses.Our debt is increasing by 3.88 billion a day,so the end is near!!"
Perhaps expecting the Feds to do so much really wasn't a good idea.Most one size fits all plans don't.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2012, 06:19:45 PM »

Home brew?
That I can agree to!! I have fifteen gallons of wine that need bottled and 4 1/2 gallons of beer in a keg that need attention at some point.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2012, 06:35:18 PM »

I guess we have defeated the terrorists and we can end that war now:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/12/05/Iraqi-Refugee-Who-Bombed-AZ-Social-Security-Office-Was-Making-More-Bombs
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2012, 07:22:36 PM »

I get it, TBeek. I just thought with that post, you slipped and told what you think, rather than the trolling you do in most other posts. Don't think for a minute I believe you are anywhere near honest with your feelings in the majority of your posts. You are much too intelligent to actually believe the stuff you post. It's my belief that you enjoy a ruckus and post whatever you think will get an excited response. That's why I ignore most of them. I try not to feed the trolls too much. It makes them fat.

*Shel Silverstein*
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2012, 04:38:20 AM »

So now I'm a liar too, heh?  I've been called lots of things on this site, mostly by you and kathyp, (neither of you like your opinions challenged and show us by throwing jabs and insults instead of debating) but you'll have to show me where I've lied.

Still waiting for all those questions I've asked over the last couple weeks to be answered too................but its OK I already 'assumed' the answers.  

I'd rather 'assume' that when my questions or opinions are being ignored, there is likely NO RATIONAL EXISTING ARGUMENT to debate what was written.  That just make more sense now doesn't it?

I certainly do believe everything I post iddee, otherwise, what's the point?  

Perhaps I just stumbled into the wrong 'coffee house' is all.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 04:49:47 AM by T Beek » Logged

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2012, 05:29:17 AM »

Home brew?
That I can agree to!! I have fifteen gallons of wine that need bottled and 4 1/2 gallons of beer in a keg that need attention at some point.

I've got 3 five gallon batches fermenting in 22OZ bottles right now, all Ales.  An 'all grain' RyePA and two IPA's.  They'll' be ready for testing in another week.  cool

I put honey in every batch whether recipe calls for it or not  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next