Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 20, 2014, 03:24:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A mandate?  (Read 3175 times)
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 03:25:49 PM »

Yeah as usual kathyp fare; she always reminds me of the old "pot calling the kettle black" saying and fails time after time, to look into her own mirror (or her heroes).  I know its hard but its not like she doesn't know how

no clue what you are talking about.  you seem very unhappy with your lot in life.  that's to bad, but that's on you, not on some mythical rich person who took what should have been yours.

when i asked what was attractive about the left, i might have asked to broad a questions as  thinking about specifics is a chore for some.  when looking at all the special interest groups to whom the left panders, i'm looking for examples of successful programs that have elevated those special interest groups.  not finding any. 

so, while you, T Beek and luvin, are pushing the leftist agenda, i'm wondering what specific programs are so successful that you want us all to embrace them?

Have to agree w/ your first words above; you 'have no clue what I am talking about" which was established many posts ago. 

Winter is back and so am I  grin

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 03:27:16 PM »

T Beek, you have my vote if you want to run for office!  applause applause applause

Too late for me I'm afraid.  I know to many secrets.

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 08:01:41 PM »

Well I guess the petitioners understand the Constitution was to keep the federal government from becoming all too powerful and written to limit the powers of the Fed. It is no longer governing with the consent of the governed.
I can see a presence of tyrannical government. Seceession may be the best way to tear apart the behemoth.
Not sure how the states seceding will save money for the Fed. I'm sure their citizens are not going to continue funneling money to Washington if they secede.Washington is a money grabber that does not return all it takes. The states do not "win"  because of Washington taxing and redistributing wealth.
Unless you think it's a good idea for Pennsylvanians to pay for Californias fiscal mess they created on their own.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 09:05:19 PM »

Historically, I applaud the "leftist agenda" of promoting voting and other rights for women and minorities.

you probably want to take a look at history.  voting rights for minorities, specifically blacks, was introduced and promoted by republicans.  Ike was the first president to press for civil rights, but the democrats (kennedy among them) voted it down.  the only reason kennedy finally came around was that he barely won his first election and knew he needed the black vote for his second.  johnson followed up on that with measures of his "great society" specifically aimed at poor minority to get the vote.  thus was born the myth of democrats caring about minorities as democrats enslaved minorities in generational welfare for votes.
do you know also that the first black elected congressmen were republicans?

womens rights:  do you know that republicans were the first to seat women as representatives to the convention?  they were the first to have a woman speaker. 
the democrats repeatedly defeated the susan b anthony amendment and it was not passed until the republicans regained control.   

when a republican points these things out, the leftist will immediately cry that the republican party has changed!!  not so.  we still support equal rights, not special rights.  that's why it is the left the panders to interest groups....and in spite of the fact that they fail these same groups over and over, it seems to work. 

i understand the desire to buy health insurance with a pre-existing condition, but isn't that like buying fire insurance after house burns down?  i mean, why bother getting insurance until you need it, right?  how about the plan that has been out there for many years, that there be a high risk insurance pool available to people who otherwise might not be insurable?  no....that would make to much sense.  far better to turn the entire health care system upside down and make it prohibitively expensive for everyone.  unintended consequence?  not at all.
obama care is designed to destroy private insurance so that single payer is the option left.  it's working well already and not even fully implemented. 

family leave, not a big thing.  i don't think the feds should be involved in that kind of stuff, but if that's one of your reasons for loving the left, so be it.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2012, 09:09:06 PM »

guess i'd also ask:  how many years must we wait for even a little improvement?

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/budget-deficit-rises-120-billion-october-190237736--business.html

i mean....his are the policies that were supposed to restore us....he did promise.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 05:43:04 AM »

Good Golly Ms Molly;  Ike couldn't get elected today, he'd be called a liberal, Reagan too for that matter.  Todays Republicans don't look anything like their predessors and have effectively smeared the good things done in the passed.

Ken;  the decision (freely made) to secede by these 'poor losers' has nothing to do w/ the Constitution as you likely already know in your heart.  

They're just mad because their guy didn't win and instead of running for office themselves, supporting a candidate or even contacting their elected or just 'doing' something (other than running their mouths) to create changes, they're going to........WHAT?  Where are these knuckleheads going to go?  Who will take them in?  As Ex-pats who would want them?  

Do you really think there is even ONE State that would select this route, much less 17 or 20.  We're talking about a handful of 'losers' from less than half the States.  

What ever happened to the saying;  "America, love it or leave it."   huh

I'd have no trouble sending the "haters" someplace else, no one is forcing them to stay (after all, all they ever do is complain and whine, complain and whine anyway).  Good riddance grin

It seems obvious that folks suffering w/ "short term memory" who are looking for 'even a little improvement' simply need to OPEN THEIR EYES and go back to 2008, that alone should serve as a paradigm shift back to reality.

The 40% loss in stock value I took under GW has nearly been recovered since O took office.  I call 'that' MORE than a 'little' improvement.   Home values (and sales) are going up too.  You really must change the channel more often.

Maybe the real problem is that you're "waiting" for improvement or 'complaining' about the amount you've experienced and spend all your time doing nothing (except running that mouth) to make it happen, heh?  

Does that ring true for some of you?  C'mon, be honest.  ALL of us can and should do more, contribute more to this Country we claim to love.  Where's the Love?

We can't just continue to blame O for all the bad choices 'we' (or his predesessors) made, can we?  

You can?  Well, then there's no hope for you.  Get in a car, on a boat or plane and get as far away from here as you can....Good luck to you, America doesn't need you either.

There's a channel on my TV, it s/b called the "Blame it all on Obama" channel, but its not.  It is what they do all day long.  

Don't believe me, turn on FOX TV, they're doing it all the time.  I mean they're all getting wildly rich off telling us how bad everything is or going to be w/ O in office another 4 years.

Did you all hear about the moron who told all his friends and neighbors he'd kill himself, his wife and kids if Obama won?  Turns out he did, Rush L came close to calling him a hero.  What's that about?  

Wa-waaa-waaa-waaaaaaaaaaa

Since medical science hasn't cured all types of blindness yet we should not hope for too much too soon  grin.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 06:03:55 AM by T Beek » Logged

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 07:16:47 AM »

I honestly believe the people are getting fed up with the federal monster consuming an ever larger part of our productivity.The endless spending of other peoples money is starting to hit home to a larger part of the population.
  The past four years have shined a bright light for many on just how bad things are about to get for the productive members of society.When a government becomes tyrannical,it will need to be stripped of it's powers in order for the people to reign it in.
 When the economy is in the dumps and there is a lack of confidence to rebuild and invest in the private sector,the answer is not to tax the rich.That will do much to spur investment I'm sure.
 The "rich" could choose to pull all of their money out of the markets to avoid the tax on earnings of the wealthiest individuals.What if the "rich" finally have enough and just leave with their money for a friendlier environment? It can happen.
And they could just keep the home in America for a vacation home.

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2012, 07:21:41 AM »

And T
have you ever watched Chris Matthews and Rachael Maddow?  They are as big of talking heads as you mention. Matthews is a poster child for this administrations agenda.He is an embarrassment to journalism.
Heck he even tried to claim it unconstitutional that Romney questioned Obama the way he did. What an idiot.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2012, 07:23:53 AM »

And it is not being a sore loser by refusing to compromise your values and principles because the libs won this round. I for one will not roll over and quit because of it.And I'm sure others will not either.
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2012, 09:48:19 AM »

Take a good look at California. A one time economic force has been reduced to total ruin. The leftist Democrats who have had total control for decades. Leftist have spent all of our money and yes, chased business out of the state. We pay high taxes on everything. Governor Moonbeam has grabbed us by the throat and shoved his hands deeper into our pockets. One month ago I received a letter from the state, I had to fork over another $150.00 per year because of where I live. This on top of the very heavy property tax I already pay. The letter also came with the threat, "if you don't pay in 30 days, a lien will be place on your home". Now moonbeam has us paying for a train to nowhere. Did anyone notice how Moonbeam won his election? At the last minute he got an idiot to scream racism. Oh good old Saul.

So yes, take a good look at California. The leftist are coming and they want you freedom and your money. Oh its NOT the wealthy Obama is after. Just keep sitting there.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2012, 10:35:55 AM »

If you knew anything about me you'd know that I 'watch' them all.  Its the only way to get a broad viewpoint. 

I like MSNBC as much as FOX, very little indeed, both are propaganda machines for the fortunate few.

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2012, 11:02:17 AM »

I agree with T Beek, I don’t enjoy propaganda “news” be it FOX or MSNBC.  Propaganda "news" is brainwashing too many.

All this talk of secession is really childish.  Hey, nobody gets their way 100% of the time.  Did we hear all this talk about secession when George Bush barely won his elections?  Do you think the other half of the country that didn’t vote for Bush was happy about the direction the country was going?  We’ve been running deficits for what seems like forever and there is always some ‘doomsday’ crisis at the doorstep to worry about, the only difference NOW is 47% the electorate has been brainwashed into thinking that it’s their way or the highway? 
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2012, 11:06:14 AM »

Well I guess the petitioners understand the Constitution was to keep the federal government from becoming all too powerful and written to limit the powers of the Fed. It is no longer governing with the consent of the governed.
I can see a presence of tyrannical government. Seceession may be the best way to tear apart the behemoth.
Not sure how the states seceding will save money for the Fed. I'm sure their citizens are not going to continue funneling money to Washington if they secede.Washington is a money grabber that does not return all it takes. The states do not "win"  because of Washington taxing and redistributing wealth.
Unless you think it's a good idea for Pennsylvanians to pay for Californias fiscal mess they created on their own.
That's the thing about a democratic vote, though. A whole lot of people will not get what they wanted. I sat through 8 years of feeling like my country was being destroyed when Bush was in office, but I also realized that was the bad part of a democracy, and I would have a chance next time.

As for CA, how much damage happened by Schwarzenegger was in office?

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2012, 11:10:48 AM »

The letter also came with the threat, "if you don't pay in 30 days, a lien will be place on your home". Now moonbeam has us paying for a train to nowhere.

In Michigan, if you don't pay your property taxes for 3 years, the State takes your property back  Wink

I agree with you that CA is a mess.  What I can't figure out is why people still live there huh  You can buy a mansion in Detroit for $35K,  Move to the Winter Water Wonderland, already.  We're waiting  Smiley
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2012, 11:54:43 AM »

I live in the mountains and have my beautiful winter wonderland. Lots of room for my bees! Worked all my life to retire here. As most retirees, I have a limited income. The taxes I'm facing are a real problem. From what I understand there are many many new taxes coming our way, hidden in the healthcare law. We will see. My concern is what happened in Ca. will happen to everyone. Careful what you wish for.

Our founding fathers said, " you can have a republic, if you can keep it!".
A people without virtue or moral will not keep freedom.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2012, 01:28:39 PM »

It is our duty as freedom loving citizens (so we say  rolleyes) to stay informed, not led like sheep.  Not very many people take that duty very serious which has brought us to where we are.

WE THE PEOPLE did this to ourselves but would rather blame everyone but, least of all ourselves.  Many of you should be ashamed of yourselves for letting things get so bad while sitting by blaming some 'other' entity than the deserving.  so...blah, blah, blah.  

"The more things change the more they stay the same."  

The vast majority of this Country has no idea and worse, very little interest in what is really going on, spending their time instead listening to some blowhard who claims to know, then running around parroting what they were told.  

HINT; you won't find folks who KNOW what's going on and are willing to share that info on any TV Channel in America.  So stop looking for answers there.

Whether what we find out in searching makes us uncomfortable or worse, we must always seek the truth and that can only be done by using all of our senses and all of our resources, of which their are many.  

Responsible Citizenry is hard work and we've left it to the politicians for too long.

Instead of Dems blaming Reps and Reps blaming Dems (they really are the same party you know) which gets us no where and effectively does their bidding for them 'we' must collectively hold 'all' their feet to the fire or kick them to the curb.  

Our divisions only serve the slave masters.  Fire the slave masters

Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2012, 04:18:53 PM »

Specifically, 2 "leftist agenda" items that have helped my life and those I love: FMLA and be able to (soon) get health insurance regardless of preexisting conditions.

Historically, I applaud the "leftist agenda" of promoting voting and other rights for women and minorities.Was it not the  Republicans that freed the slaves and also gave them the right to vote? And I believe they were also the driving force behind the civil rights movement. I appreciate protection of the environment (although it can go too far at times) through nat'l parks and other protections, Also correct me if I am wrong but I believe the devil AKA George Bush Jr put more acreage into the national park system than any other president in historygovt regulation where corporate greed would otherwise create catastrophe (although the regulation can also go too far at times, or be nonsensical--still, fix it rather than eliminate it), a reluctance to go to war unless protecting the motherland, and far more. OK now lets think back to Vietnam Johnson was with what party?
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2012, 04:24:32 PM »

Specifically, 2 "leftist agenda" items that have helped my life and those I love: FMLA and be able to (soon) get health insurance regardless of preexisting conditions.

Historically, I applaud the "leftist agenda" of promoting voting and other rights for women and minorities.Was it not the  Republicans that freed the slaves and also gave them the right to vote? And I believe they were also the driving force behind the civil rights movement. I appreciate protection of the environment (although it can go too far at times) through nat'l parks and other protections, Also correct me if I am wrong but I believe the devil AKA George Bush Jr put more acreage into the national park system than any other president in historygovt regulation where corporate greed would otherwise create catastrophe (although the regulation can also go too far at times, or be nonsensical--still, fix it rather than eliminate it), a reluctance to go to war unless protecting the motherland, and far more. OK now lets think back to Vietnam Johnson was with what party?
Keith--All great achievements! (except the last Smiley) The Republican party of yesteryear is one I can respect. I cannot stand where they are now.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2012, 04:47:58 PM »

Johnson LBJ, a Democrat, inherited Vietnam, Nixon, a Republican killed 20,000 more Americans after promising to get us out w/ honor  rolleyes  Other than the deaths of millions there was no honor in Vietnam.

Both Truman (D) and Ike (R) ignored pleas from the North Vietnamese people seeking "democracy" as did Kennedy (D) (but I believe Kennedy figured out the real deal before his murder and would not have expanded) which forced the Vietnamese to turn to the Russians and Chinese for assistance....and we were off and running w/ the "domino theory."

Political parties make little diference in times of war.  Did Iraq show you nothing???

Its all about the money.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2012, 05:29:49 PM »

I cannot stand where they are now.

they are want they were.  the party of equal opportunity and personal responsibility.  it is the population that has changed even as the republican party has become more liberal than it once was. 

we now have a population that does not want equality of opportunity, they want equality of outcome .  they do not want responsibility, they want things done for, and given to, them.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next