Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 30, 2014, 06:16:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A mandate?  (Read 3364 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« on: November 10, 2012, 07:13:11 AM »

Listening to Obama and the Democrats along with willing participants in the media they keep saying Obama has a "mandate" to continue with his policies.
50 1/2 percent of the popular vote is hardly a mandate in any playbook. If there would have been a mandate it also would have given Dems the control of both houses of Congress. Seems the people were not yet willing to give the Dems the purse strings back. Perhaps the people would rather see gridlock slowing the pace of confiscation? We saw what happened when we had two years of Democrat control of all three branches. Whish has led up to the 100 percent of GDP in government spending.
I can see it now that Obama may try to change the tax policies via executive order. Unconstitutional no matter how you twist things.But the media will try to portaray that wiping your rear with the Constitution is okay if it's for your own good.
oliver
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 09:09:09 AM »

Going to be interesting to see what he will do with the mess he inherited, hope thats all it is..dl
Joe D
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 09:50:04 AM »

At least he will have someone new he can blame part of what he has inherited on, the person that has had the job the last four years.

Joe
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 11:29:39 AM »

been thinking about this stuff.  we can't stop most of what he wants to do.  seems to me there's not much point in fighting around the margins.  most of the really damaging stuff he wants, he'll get one way or another.

give it to him.

don't fight one thing that he wants.  at the end of 4 years, there will be no ad that can be run blaming republicans for anything.
  in the mean time, go ahead with the investigations into the crap that has happened, like Benghazi.
  looks like voter fraud will be added to those investigations.  not sure how you get 100% of the vote anywhere, for anyone....much less 140% of the electorate voting.  maybe these are local issues, but they need to be looked into especially since they happened primarily in swing states. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 12:57:25 PM »

I like the idea of 50 and 1/2 percent of the voting population supporting his new tax ideas and leaving the rest of us alone with any changes.  2 tax brackets.   
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 02:36:26 PM »

I heard the same rhetoric from Pelosi when the Democrats took the house and before that from Newt Gingrich when the Republicans took it over.  It is definitely not a sign of sanity to call 1/2 percent majority a mandate yet both parties seem to think it is a mandate and they ignore that ALMOST the majority of people are terrified of their mandate...

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 04:40:28 PM »

Obama = 232  Romney = 206 

Obama won by over 12%.  That's getting close to a mandate.

Remember dear beeks, we live in Republic, not a Democracy  Wink
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 07:10:24 PM »

>Obama won by over 12%.  That's getting close to a mandate.

As far as becoming president that is a valid number since the Electoral College elects the president.  But as far as a "mandate" from the people, he did NOT win by 12% of the popular vote.  49% of the people did not want him as president.  Hardly a mandate.

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 05:40:29 PM »

And they, or should I say we since we 'all' have to live w/ the results (Living under Bush's Rule wasn't fun for half the Country, remember?) and 'we' wanted and elected Obama twice despite a 57% eligible voter turn out which 'should have' preferred the Republicans.  

So you math wizards, what percentage actually decided the election?  I'm coming up w/ a big 27-or 28%, which means something like 76-78% of the total electorate didn't want Obama as Pres, and even less wanted Romney.   We must pay attention to all citizens, not just those willing to go to the polls.

Like it or not, divided or not, we really are all in this together.

Perhaps while sleeping during the campaign some have awoken to the tune of "the times they are (finally) a-changin"  (sorry, couldn't help myself after holding my tongue so long  Wink) and have hopefully realized that ticking off half the Country doesn't serve the interests of the elite any longer.

Like Mike Tyson getting his butt whipped the first time, their cover/scam on the American people has been exposed (at least to those with their eyes open and changing the channels...often).

This election says much more than the first time around.  To deny its meaning simply allows for the continuation of denial that convinced the Republicans they were going to win in a landslide (because Gingrich said so  rolleyes) and going down that road w/out some 'honest' soul searching will finally result in their own downfall.

Now, if they could only take the Dems down along with them 'we the people' may be able to do some real damage repair.

Its always been about we the people, less than half of whom don't even bother to vote and the majority that do vote on BOTH sides are pretty much misinformed and/or misled, not the knucklehead politicians wanting our $ and telling us whatever we want to hear in order to get it.  Hopefully this fact is finally beginning to sink in w/ a majority, time can only tell.

And despite all the denial rhetoric;  Its 'always' been about class, the 'have it alls' and the rest of us.  Its been this way for thousands of years and again...., to deny this reality subjects us all to continued slavery.

There is a major push taking place right now that I urge all citizens to participate in; Regularly contacting your Congressmen/women and demanding they relinquish the authority/benefits they've 'self-appropriated' for themselves, such as pay raises, pensions, health care and special rules/privileges that only apply to them, whether serving or retired.  

Congress should operate under the same laws they make for the rest of us and 'we the people' should at a minimum, be asking (no, demanding) why they are not.   To do any less IMO is un-American.  Simply voting in Presidential Elections should not be the 'minimum' expected from an informed 'democratic' citizenry.  Active participation MUST be in order to keep it that way.

Sorry to be so long but its been awhile (you've all been awfully and wonderfully entertaining during the campaign, thanks grin  until next time.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 04:54:12 AM by T Beek » Logged

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 10:48:51 AM »

Perhaps while sleeping during the campaign some have awoken to the tune of "the times they are (finally) a-changin"  (sorry, couldn't help myself after holding my tongue so long  Wink) and have hopefully realized that ticking off half the Country doesn't serve the interests of the elite any longer.

This election says much more than the first time around.  To deny its meaning simply allows for the continuation of denial that convinced the Republicans they were going to win in a landslide (because Gingrich said so  rolleyes) and going down that road w/out some 'honest' soul searching will finally result in their own downfall.
Well said!

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 11:12:07 AM »

on a federal level it no longer matters the people living off the system have now grown to over 51%. This was the end of America as we know it, the takers are now in control.

Say what you want about Romney the most accurate statement he made for the entire campaign was when he stated there are 47% out there that he cant change or something along those lines. Everyone was shocked he got caught saying it but inside all agreed 100% with what he said.

Over 52% of Americans are on some type of government assistance, this cannot go on forever. There will be riots in America when the government gravy train spicket is finally turned off.

I hope i am still here to see it

utterly disgusted with America,

Keith
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 11:15:16 AM »

So, Keith, I'm sure you won't become one of the "takers" and cash your SS checks or use Medicare when you retire. And I bet you didn't cash the checks that Bush mailed out back in the day.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 11:30:23 AM »

So, Keith, I'm sure you won't become one of the "takers" and cash your SS checks or use Medicare when you retire. And I bet you didn't cash the checks that Bush mailed out back in the day.

at the point where one begins to take out of SSI more than has been put in, it is welfare.  not much we can do about it. that program is what it is.  same with medicare.  there isn't even a choice in paying or taking.  because the tree huggers of the 70's decided not to procreate, there are not enough people coming along to support the programs.  it will be interesting to see what happens when they run out of money. 

i thought that the money bush mailed out was not going to do much and i was right.  for some of us, it was getting our own money back, for others it was welfare.  that said, if money is going to spew out of the federal government, better it go to people that to vague and non-functioning "stimulus" programs.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 12:50:20 PM »

If some feel victimized by the 47% that earn to little to contribute, PERHAPS you may want to start convincing all the so-called job creators to begin paying their slaves more so everyone can then earn enough to pay into the system we love to hate (well some of you really do seem to hate this Country and along w/ a good many who live here beside you) but are unwilling to do anything about it except gripe on beekeeping forums.

PERHAPS we should treat 'all' income the same.  Now there's a novel idea.  It is the same after all, whether its 'earned wages from labor' (previously not taxed) or 'unearned' by profits, dividends or inheritance (where the largest share of wealth comes from). 

Why should "unearned" income be treated any different than income produced by sweat? 

Please; rational (or funny) answers only  laugh 

Most Americans don't know (and its no accident) that our original income tax "excluded" labor produced income (our leaders back then felt it would be like forcing us to pay to breathe or exist, IT IS, IT IS!) and only included "unearned" income as taxable.  Cool, heh? 

Of course the well-off don't want to hear that and they don't want us to either. 

What we have now has nearly completed the reversal of fortunes from 'we the people' to the few with much help from the wannabees.  Little changes over the centuries  Sad but 'something' is in the air...........

Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 01:06:50 PM »

I really love the new election ambiance!  Billy clubs and intimidation are fine if you are the right people.  59 precincts in Cleveland cast not one vote for Romney, BUT a 99% turnout??  Stalin couldn't do that well.  But you folks in Floriday who can vote 108% of the registered voters are truely==well  Progressive!  Yeah it is a fine mandate for Bathhouse Barry. 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 01:16:47 PM »

If some feel victimized by the 47% that earn to little to contribute, PERHAPS you may want to start convincing all the so-called job creators to begin paying their slaves more so everyone can then earn enough to pay into the system we love to hate

or people could stop feeling like they are victims?
your plan would work because we all know there is no connection between labor costs and costs of goods, right.  you can raise the cost of labor and everyone ends up in a better place.....of course, you can look at goods over the years...like cars, and see how that really works.  

PERHAPS we should treat 'all' income the same.  Now there's a novel idea.  It is the same after all, whether its 'earned wages from labor' (previously not taxed) or 'unearned' by profits, dividends or inheritance (where the largest share of wealth comes from
)

i actually think this is a good idea.  i would support a flat tax that taxed all sources of income including welfare, SSI, etc.  you get a check, you pay a tax.

Of course the well-off don't want to hear that and they don't want us to either. 

i'm not sure in who's world 200-250 thousand is well off.  for the individual , it's comfortable.  for the business, it's marginal.  this admin is not talking about taxing the wealthy....well, that is what they are talking about, but that's not the plan.  they are excellent, as T Beek demonstrates, at stirring up those who are jealous of what others have.  it's far easier for many to shake a fist at those who have succeeded than to succeed themselves....or, as most of us do, be happy where we are.  it's always someone else's fault.

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 01:27:29 PM »

I really love the new election ambiance!  Billy clubs and intimidation are fine if you are the right people.  59 precincts in Cleveland cast not one vote for Romney, BUT a 99% turnout??  Stalin couldn't do that well.  But you folks in Floriday who can vote 108% of the registered voters are truely==well  Progressive!  Yeah it is a fine mandate for Bathhouse Barry.  

Have you been to Cleveland?  

The best thing about Florida this year is that it didn't matter.

Yeah as usual kathyp fare; she always reminds me of the old "pot calling the kettle black" saying and fails time after time, to look into her own mirror (or her heroes).  I know its hard but its not like she doesn't know how  grin

Like the rest of us she's free to make her own choices I suppose.

Heard today that over 100,000 people signed petitions in 17 States to separate from the US.  Now THAT will save us some money if they actually follow through.  I'll even send a check to support that effort.  

I wonder where they'll go.  NOT!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 03:30:07 PM by T Beek » Logged

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 01:47:21 PM »

Yeah as usual kathyp fare; she always reminds me of the old "pot calling the kettle black" saying and fails time after time, to look into her own mirror (or her heroes).  I know its hard but its not like she doesn't know how

no clue what you are talking about.  you seem very unhappy with your lot in life.  that's to bad, but that's on you, not on some mythical rich person who took what should have been yours.

when i asked what was attractive about the left, i might have asked to broad a questions as  thinking about specifics is a chore for some.  when looking at all the special interest groups to whom the left panders, i'm looking for examples of successful programs that have elevated those special interest groups.  not finding any. 

so, while you, T Beek and luvin, are pushing the leftist agenda, i'm wondering what specific programs are so successful that you want us all to embrace them?

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 02:02:19 PM »

T Beek, you have my vote if you want to run for office!  applause applause applause
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 02:12:06 PM »

Specifically, 2 "leftist agenda" items that have helped my life and those I love: FMLA and be able to (soon) get health insurance regardless of preexisting conditions.

Historically, I applaud the "leftist agenda" of promoting voting and other rights for women and minorities. I appreciate protection of the environment (although it can go too far at times) through nat'l parks and other protections, govt regulation where corporate greed would otherwise create catastrophe (although the regulation can also go too far at times, or be nonsensical--still, fix it rather than eliminate it), a reluctance to go to war unless protecting the motherland, and far more.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next