Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 28, 2014, 11:21:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote!  (Read 5931 times)
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2012, 11:41:24 AM »

laugh We've been that route too, six years w/out power or running water (I like to say our kids corrupted us  rolleyes been empty nesters for almost ten years already, so we have no excuse.... Wink).

But your point is well taken, its just 'one' reason I advise folks to 'change the channel' frequently. 

You must catch "The Daily Show" on the web (the interviews are better/longer).

I change the channel often and it is easy to see what channels you and Blue watch to get your ideas. Even though you will say you come up with your strange ideas on your own.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2012, 12:23:18 PM »

Easy for you to say rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 06:54:06 AM by T Beek » Logged

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2012, 10:02:09 PM »

the other thing about the gun purchases is that many of us feel that things are becoming more and more unstable.  not only here, but all over the world.  as we look at the rioting around the world, the amount of debt, the potential for food shortages with this last bad year, the chances of major instability do not seem to be fiction.
personally, i don't trust this admin to be on top of things.  at best, i'd call them incompetent.  at worst...?  at any rate, well armed seems wise.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2012, 10:56:59 PM »

many of us feel that things are becoming more and more unstable.  

Did you sleep through the Cold War?  

Now Sterling, you know that most of my ideas are not strange. Smiley  Heck I learned a lot of them while living in TN!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2012, 12:43:18 AM »

hardly, but there was at least one big difference.  there were only two nuclear powers and neither were so nuts as to want a war.  not that it couldn't have happened, but rational people tend to act in more rational ways.

now we have irrational people with various WMD.  some of them have end times views that would encourage them to use those weapons.  some are just geneticaly nuts.  the new super powers may or may not act in rational ways...we don't know yet.  we also have economic instability in a way we have never seen.  never before have economies been so intertwined and we really don't know what would happen if they were to begin to collapse.  we have everything on computer.  what happens if someone were to introduce something that did damage to the computers of major banking or investing?  the grid is unstable.  we don't know exactly how much might go down in a big solar storm.

we had defined problems and a defined enemy for the cold war.  the same can't be said now.  being well armed is a little cheap peace of mind.  Wink

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2012, 06:31:32 AM »

The "cold War" was a scam placed upon the American People for the benefit of the "permanent" War economy. 

There is always more than "one" version of history.  It pays to investigate them all and ignore NONE.

My advise to the fearful among us;  Grow a bigger garden.

***HOPING EVERYONE FINDS A REASON TO BE THANKFUL TODAY (and everyday)***

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2012, 09:52:16 AM »

The "cold War" was a scam placed upon the American People for the benefit of the "permanent" War economy

pretty sure there are a lot of folks who's countries were gobbled up by the old USSR who would disagree with you.  those who live through it, that is. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2012, 07:05:31 PM »

>>There is always more than "one" version of history

Tbeeks version and the the real version. rolleyes
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2012, 07:09:08 PM »

many of us feel that things are becoming more and more unstable.  

Now Sterling, you know that most of my ideas are not strange. Smiley  Heck I learned a lot of them while living in TN!

You seemed to have lived an awful lot of places. TN is probabaly where some the strange ideas came from.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next