Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 22, 2014, 10:45:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote!  (Read 6123 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2012, 08:20:20 PM »

I heard the word radical,extremist,hate mongers,war mongers felons, tax cheats and racist thrown out consitently by the Dems and Liberal media . They were never called on it once.
Harry Reid is a true divisionist along with Obama.These are the people that rely on the subsets of people.We are all hyphenated Americans in their eyes.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2012, 05:53:02 AM »

C'mon Ken, you must be suffering from selective hearing. 

Both sides, regretfully use the words you 'claim' are only used by one side.  Please change the channel.......frequently  Wink 

Does that mean you have a Blindside?  grin

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2012, 01:01:14 PM »

Been reading these post. Hard Leftist, Middle of the Roaders, Those leaning Right. Obama has done his job. Obama has followed his dream. ALinsky, ( The original community organizer ) laid out a roadmap for progressives to follow. If you have not googled " Saul Alinsky ", then you do not understand what Obama is up to. Read Alinky's tenants, then think about the way Obama ran his campaign. Think about what is coming our way.

The Republicans have been giving us moderate candidates who simply will not fight. These Moderates are afraid of the leftist. These Moderates allow themselves to be " Alinskied ". They cannot win, they should not be allowed to lead.

Leftist Democrates mislead with lies and divide with hate. Attack, attack, attack...ridicule, ridicule, ridicule, while avoiding having to explain their failure. Leftist insist Republicans select a Moderate, then beat the crap out of the Moderate! Leftist  HATE the TEA PARTY !!!

Todays Republicans are kind of a weird, funny creature. They want to say they are Conservative, but fear the Leftist will ridicule. They want to proclaim they are Moderates to shield them from Leftist ridicule. Republicans take Tea Party support and at the same time dismiss them.

Stop listening to Leftist lies and Republican uncertainty. Google Tea Party Patriots. Learn the truth and see why we are not giving up. Why we will fight. Why we believe in small limited government. Help fight the insanity.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 02:18:11 PM by Fox Creek » Logged
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2012, 09:43:45 AM »

It is the Teabaggers that are killing the Republican Party... Until they cut that group loose they will continue to loose National Elections.

Romney lost in Demographics... The polls clearly showed that. Everybody talks up the "independent" vote and the "swing" Votes, but that isn't where the election is won and lost. When the RNC stops strictly courting the ever shrinking white male conservative vote they will start winning again.

Abortion, guns and traditional marriage does not win elections anymore. I am strongly pro-gun and an NRA life member and I haven't voted for a Republican since 2000. I also no longer send the NRA any money because I know what they do with it and I am opposed to their agenda. Guns were not an issue in this election because obama hasn't made any moves on Gun control in the last 4 years... So they could not hype up gun owners into spending money and fill their pockets again like they did in 2008.

Next cycle they will be right back to their same old antics and trying to scare gun owners into lining their pockets again.

Sugarbush Bees
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2012, 09:54:07 AM »

Bluegrass. What does " teabagger " mean?
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2012, 10:02:18 AM »

It is used to describe members of the "Tea Party".

Sugarbush Bees
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2012, 10:11:27 AM »

But, what does it mean?
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2012, 10:52:12 AM »

If I were to make a guess I would say it is a spin off of the political term "Carpetbagger".

Sugarbush Bees
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2012, 10:59:18 AM »

It is the Teabaggers that are killing the Republican Party... Until they cut that group loose they will continue to loose National Elections.

Romney lost in Demographics... The polls clearly showed that. Everybody talks up the "independent" vote and the "swing" Votes, but that isn't where the election is won and lost. When the RNC stops strictly courting the ever shrinking white male conservative vote they will start winning again.

Abortion, guns and traditional marriage does not win elections anymore. I am strongly pro-gun and an NRA life member and I haven't voted for a Republican since 2000. I also no longer send the NRA any money because I know what they do with it and I am opposed to their agenda. Guns were not an issue in this election because obama hasn't made any moves on Gun control in the last 4 years... So they could not hype up gun owners into spending money and fill their pockets again like they did in 2008.

Next cycle they will be right back to their same old antics and trying to scare gun owners into lining their pockets again.
Agree. I was shocked to hear word of gun and ammo sales going up before this 2nd election. Like Obama went 4 years w/o touching guns and was now going to do a sneak attack in his 2nd term?

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2012, 11:18:24 AM »

That happens every fall. Fall is prime season for gun and ammo sales due to hunting season. Media adds spin and equates it to the election... But if you look year by year there is always an uptick in Background checks in the fall... of about 13% It should be noted that what the call "Increase sale" is actually only increase FBI background checks and does not mean a gun was purchased.

There are some gun laws I would support.
I am for licensure of gun owners... We have to have a license to do business, own a dog, drive, fly a plane, (in my case) work etc. I think increasing education requirements, testing and license is a good idea. The fees could be used in place of the excise tax on guns and ammo and would be a great source of revenue for the states.

I am anti assault weapon ban... even Bush was pro that one. I think I should be able to own what ever type of rifle I want and if we had a license system that should not be an issue.

Sugarbush Bees
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2012, 05:32:23 PM »

It was the teabaggers that took over the House of Representatives  in 2010. And they did not really lose any seats in the past election. The only problem I see is the Republicans in the house not standing by the principles that got them there.The mainstream media continually paints people that preach the virtues of the Constitution as extremist right wingers. Evidently in 201o the people had more faith in the "teabaggers" after what the liberals did with 2 years of all three houses of government. I see they did not hand the purse back to the Democrats. Nor do I see that happening soon. Representatives don't come from a "winner takes all even the ones that don't vote for them" pool. They are held slightly more accountable to the electorate.
If I were to choose between a "teabagger' or an"Acorn",I will take the teabagger every time.At least they know we can not spend our way to prosperity and have the value set to save their children from this enormous burden being place on them by the federal government.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2012, 05:33:41 PM »

Most of these people are patriots in the light that Patriotism is supporting your country,not an administration.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2012, 05:38:43 PM »

Now T,
For the last week I have heard any one that questions the motives of Ms. Rice,our ambassador to the UN,must be racist or sexist to question her credibility. I heard no such response to Harry Reid when he called Romney a tax cheat and perhaps a felon?
Do you remember Reverend Jackson calling Republicans the new Nazis and no one accuse him of being extremist or racist? These remarks slide idly past when Democrat supporters make them.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2012, 05:48:49 PM »

Buzz, you aren't up with the times. Today, racist, sexist, and terrorist is translated on the left as ""I don't have a comeback for what you said, so I need to shut you up"".

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2012, 08:25:12 PM »

Agree. I was shocked to hear word of gun and ammo sales going up before this 2nd election. Like Obama went 4 years w/o touching guns and was now going to do a sneak attack in his 2nd term?

as soon as the election was over, this admin was back into the discussion at the UN on the small arms treaty. they had asked that the discussion be suspended...and that ended a couple of days after obama won.  this treaty is kind of like the health care bill, we'll have to pass it to know what's in it.  it can be implemented in the US without ratification.  lots of people don't know that.

+ we know the position of most of the left when it comes to guns.  who's in charge right now?  the Brady organization is a very strong lobby and have the ear of many on the left. 

you don't have to outlaw guns.  you just have to pick at ownership.  you ban the size of the clip or magazine.  you ban certain types of guns.  you make checks harder for purchase.  you ban the number of guns that one can own, or the amount of ammo. 

do not tell me that you don't think the left would use any opportunity to limit further gun ownership, and that this admin wouldn't support it?  and there's no re-election to protect now.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2012, 11:49:24 PM »

we have had the teabagger conversation before, so it's a bit disingenuous to say you don't know why the left uses the term.

from the Urban Dictionary, definition 2:    a man that squats on top of a womens face and lowers his genitals into her mouth during sex, known as "teabagging"

when you hear the left refer to those of us who are, or who are in sympathy with, the TEA (taxed enough already) party, this is the use they are thinking of. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2012, 06:18:39 AM »

Yet....even more 'assumptions' and generalisations  shocked  

Yeah all those who lean left are the same, just like all those leaning right  rolleyes 

Does it make you all feel better to catagorise people like this?  The world is not so black and white. You know, its based on fantasy, right?  Even 2 righty's (or 2 lefty's) don't always 'think' alike.

Change the channel......................for the info you seek.  Change it often.....or better yet through the TV out the window  laugh 

I shot mine once cool, of course, after I took it outside (my wife wouldn't be happy).
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 06:48:50 AM by T Beek » Logged

luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2012, 09:24:30 AM »

No TV at all here. From what I heard from coworkers about incessant political ads, I surely have no regrets after campaign season!

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2012, 10:34:12 AM »

laugh We've been that route too, six years w/out power or running water (I like to say our kids corrupted us  rolleyes been empty nesters for almost ten years already, so we have no excuse.... Wink).

But your point is well taken, its just 'one' reason I advise folks to 'change the channel' frequently. 

You must catch "The Daily Show" on the web (the interviews are better/longer).

luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2012, 11:36:18 AM »

I do! And the Colbert Report, until I've used up the data on our Internet plan Tongue I love both those shows and regularly laugh myself silly. For a nonpolitical laugh, you could find Colbert's report on the Norwegian butter shortage. As I come from a long line of butter-overconsuming Scandinavians, I thought it was hilarious.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next