Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 28, 2014, 07:35:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote!  (Read 7027 times)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 05:07:49 PM »

No that’s not what the exit polls said, that’s just what you’re making up.  

My own personal belief is the majority of American’s don’t trust the Republicans after seeing how they ran the country into the ground under George W Bush.  It will be a long time before the GOP regains the country’s trust.  Time is also going against the GOP as the country’s demographics are shifting against them.  The GOP just keeps going more and more right wing while the country is not.

Heck if the GOP couldn’t beat Obama in one of the worst economic periods in modern history, what are the odds they’re going to win in the future?  Pretty slim I would say; unless they ditch the right wing loons that have hijacked the party and move back towards the center.  
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 07:20:45 PM »

Most people who say they don't vote, when I ask, say there are no candidates they want on the ballot.  Some just don't want to get called for jury duty.

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
BlevinsBees
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 02:54:12 AM »

Heck if the GOP couldn’t beat Obama in one of the worst economic periods in modern history, what are the odds they’re going to win in the future?  Pretty slim I would say; unless they ditch the right wing loons that have hijacked the party and move back towards the center.  

I think it started back before Romney was even nominated. What a circus. How embarrassing to be a conservative with the likes of Bachman and Newt running. What a joke. You know you're in trouble when Romney was the shining star of that bunch.

Now that we know Florida was won by Obama and the electoral votes were 332 to 206, I think the country has spoken.

President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
habitatforhoneybees.com
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 06:09:22 AM »

We had record breaking turn out this time around... Turnout was lower for Republican's to the segment of them that associate with the "tea party" and "they" vowed to not support Romney. They were left with few options as many people don't realize that there are other people running for president other than the Republicans and Dems.

In this country we have the freedom to vote, we also have the freedom to not vote... I would not want to change that to a system that requires participation. I take my children to the polls with me, have since their birth, we talk about the election and the issues, I am attempting to instill a responsibility to vote.

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 12:26:44 PM »

Now that we know Florida was won by Obama and the electoral votes were 332 to 206, I think the country has spoken.

indeed.  and if you look at the popular vote map, it said "give me stuff". 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 12:31:41 PM »

Maybe your stae turnout was higher but Obama had 1o million fewer votes than in 2008 and Romney had 3 million less than McCain . Thats a total of 13 million less.
That is lack of enthusiasm for both sides. But moreso on the Democrat side.
But it is not reported.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 12:37:34 PM »

Blevin,
Newt takes a lot of heat he probably shouldn't. He did craft the first in a long time takeover of Congress in 2004.He forced the first balanced budgets in years for which the Clintons took credit.
He was a threat to the liberal side of government which is why the media was able to bring him down over a extramarital affair and private phone conversations acquired illegally by Democrat operatives. And even then the liberal media made a bigger issue of Newts affair over what Clinton was doing with an intern in the Oval office while on the clock,so to speak.
Clinton was given a pass and Newt was crucified!
Sundog
House Bee

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 03:12:31 PM »

I read where meaningless statistics were up 17%. 

Sour grapes make for such a fine whine.

With people like Limbaugh, Coulter, and Murdock, I’m surprised the election was as close as it was.  Reasonable Republicans were probably too embarrassed to vote.

Still having fun!
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2012, 05:14:18 PM »

It has been posted here, " the tea party did not support Romney". This is untrue. While its true the Tea Party preferred a conservative, the Tea Party Patriots supported Romney knowing full well how dangerous Obama is to America.  Because of moderates who are a tool for the leftist, we now say, the republican party can no longer count on our support. People seem to want to quote the exit poles. Fine.  Then look at the exit pole which showed the majority of the voters favor a smaller, less intrusive government!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2012, 06:34:06 PM »

Sour grapes make for such a fine whine.

more like a realization that the majority has now embraced the social welfare state and big government.  i didn't think we'd quite gotten there.  i was wrong.  we have had a fundamental change in the thinking of the people.  we are now just one of many other social welfare states and will spend our future trying to pay for free stuff and keep our heads above water. 

that's unfortunate i think, but the people have spoken.......although......this might be a good time to revisit the division of the country.   evil  you guys can have your big government and welfare and the rest of us can take some other place and continue to produce. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2012, 07:49:25 PM »

Obama won. Look how the left accomplished this. Lets see. First, "RIDICULE". ( A great way to sidestep your own failure). "RIDICULE", spread so many lies and so much controversy, your opponent becomes toxic. (think Palin, Romney or anyone Else the leftist target.) Second, target the "successful", as criminals. Bombard the people with tales of terror and how Obama can save you from them. Third, Divide the people. Mainly target white men. Bombard the people with tales of how everyone accept white males are a horribly treated underclass, with payback due. Fourth, Convince new residents, they need the democrate party and handouts to survive in America. (These as of late, described as "brown people") by the main stream media.

It will not be necessary for conservatives to move to the left or moderate. It is a matter of persuasion. Convince others of the conservative points of view. Take the Latino vote. ( I have intimate knowledge of the culture) These are a conservative people. That is till they get to America and learn from the democrates, they need the democrates to survive.            
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 07:59:51 PM by Fox Creek » Logged
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 09:37:11 PM »

Convince others of the conservative points of view. Take the Latino vote. ( I have intimate knowledge of the culture) These are a conservative people.

we have some problems to overcome.  we have the least informed population in my lifetime.  part of this is the public school system.  part the breakdown of the family.  part the media which, even though always left, used to take pride in informing but now seems determined to keep info from people. 

most of the demographics that the left goes after, latinos, blacks, catholics, jews, should fall to the conservative side because of moral issues.  they do not because all have the background of big government/church and are willing to put aside moral beliefs to foster more government.  i don't know how you get around that.  people who will not stand for what they believe can't be convinced. 
women, as a majority are a lost cause.  most women vote based on emotion rather than logic.  if someone appeals to their feelings, they will get their vote.  apparently a large part of their feelings this time were concentrated to things below the waist. 

if people don't know history, won't learn current events, and want "stuff" as long as someone else pays for it, i don't know how you reach them. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2012, 10:10:37 PM »

RIP, GOP, RIP.

It looks like even North Carolina is about to turn blue. applause  If we can ship down a few more retired UAW members, maybe that will be the tipping point?

if people don't know history…..
Hmmm, I remember some history.  I remember the vacuum tube, the 8 track tape, 45s, the cassette player, walkmans, VHS, and the typewriter.  Looks like the GOP will joining that group too. applause applause applause
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2012, 11:11:09 PM »

RIP, GOP, RIP.

you might be right.  lets see what the left can do with it. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
bbrowncods
New Bee

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2012, 05:18:35 AM »

you guys can have your big government and welfare and the rest of us can take some other place and continue to produce.  

I agree.  Let's go down to Puerto Rico.  Oh wait, they want our free stuff too! Cry

I don't discount the Primary process for the failure either... Cain: the man has never held public office.  Running for president?  Really! Really!  I could go on and on.

Bottom line though in 2016 all the Dems have to do is put in a Obama clone (which should be easy to find), and it is over for another 8 years.
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2012, 08:45:24 AM »

Reasonable Republicans were probably too embarrassed to vote.

The election was close because many treat it like a competitive sport... the worst teams will always have diehard fans.

Sugarbush Bees
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2012, 08:51:43 AM »

I think one number that came out in the last weeks (Ryan's claim, I think in the vp debate) is something that should be a headline grabber....and a wake up call.
If we eliminated all programs to help people in poverty, there would be $22,000 per person in poverty.  As far as I can tell, this hasn't been disputed.  A family of 3 can live on 66,000, and go to school or train for a better job at the same time....that's a single mother with 2 kids.  We have tenants, and therefore we have a good lawyer to advise us on things.  His observation (which matches my own) is that poor people are busier than anyone.... all of the programs require home visits, appointments, etc.  Take this all away (along with the jobs of all the folks who make sure all this money gets spent), and you are left with a simple $22,000 check....and time to figure out what to do...and time and money to do it.

Deknow
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2012, 12:26:32 PM »

i am more curious now than i was last time...what is so attractive about obama?  i get it if you are getting "free" stuff, but other than that, it surely does escape me.  maybe someone can enlighten me?
Speaking of old, tired and irrelevant arguments....

I care about changing healthcare, protecting the environment, having a fairer tax system, and having a safety net, especially while the economy recovers.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2012, 12:31:15 PM »

so obama is popular because he gives stuff to people and because he blames others.  cool.  that's the country i want.  theft and avoidance of responsibility.
Riiighhhtttt. The Bush tax cuts and corporate bailouts were what? Not welfare? Puhlease. Since when is taxation called theft? It'd be nice to at least have an honest and intelligent conversation.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2012, 12:32:49 PM »

No that’s not what the exit polls said, that’s just what you’re making up.  

My own personal belief is the majority of American’s don’t trust the Republicans after seeing how they ran the country into the ground under George W Bush.  It will be a long time before the GOP regains the country’s trust.  Time is also going against the GOP as the country’s demographics are shifting against them.  The GOP just keeps going more and more right wing while the country is not.

Heck if the GOP couldn’t beat Obama in one of the worst economic periods in modern history, what are the odds they’re going to win in the future?  Pretty slim I would say; unless they ditch the right wing loons that have hijacked the party and move back towards the center. 
Absolutely spot on, all of it, but especially the bolded part. Republicans have no vision, except defeating Obama. Doesn't really get your guy elected.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next