Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 27, 2014, 07:58:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote!  (Read 6148 times)
bbrowncods
New Bee

« on: November 08, 2012, 06:00:33 AM »

Why don't people vote?

I don't care your politics or country.  To me it is the most patriotic thing you can do.

Look if you don't vote, you don't have a right to complain about who is in office!
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 09:00:00 AM »

I work with a guy and he just doesn't want the government to know where he is.   All bills go to a PO box and he will not update his drivers license to his new address.  He is not even wanted by the law.  Worked with him for close to 15 years now.  Figure that one out.

I bet a lot of people are just too lazy to register or to stand in line to vote.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 12:10:11 PM »

what is a surprise to me is the way the vote broke down.  they say that fewer republicans turned out and more democrats.  that's hard to believe.  i can only go by the folks i know, but everyone was fired up to get rid of Obama.  i just can't picture millions of republicans not bothering to vote while many thousands more democrats were motivated to vote.

and don't tell me it's because Romeny is a RINO.  we all know that.  so was McCain and he got more votes that Romney.  + everyone i know who didn't vote because they didn't like McCain, knew they'd made a mistake and weren't going to repeat it this time. 

it's odd.  this will be one they analyze to death because it makes no sense to most.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlevinsBees
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 01:23:44 PM »

I don't think Republicans were ever that enthused about Romney. Many I talked to have said all along, "Well, I guess we're stuck with him". As for losing the election, like I said in another post, Romney will go off script and blow it. Auto bail out, 47%, etc.

Congrats to Karl Rove, nice one.

President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
habitatforhoneybees.com
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 02:03:47 PM »

Both the republicans and democrates will ridicule and demonize anyone who insist on our politicians following the constitution. Carl Rove and others on the right dismissed the Tea Party. Reason why? I'm not sure. Lots of reasons.  Look what they did to Allen West. Oh make no mistake, they will take our support! The only reason the republicans have the house is because of the support from the Tea Party in 2010.
As for the way the Tea Party is portrayed by the democrates, well do I really need to explain? The constitution as well as the Tea Party are the polar opposite of what the leftist would have for America. So, I have been told by the leaders of the Tea Party Patriots, " Romney was the final straw, Republicans can no longer count on our support ". Simply put, we ONLY will support true conservatives. ( By the way, I did vote ). THREE MILLION SAT AT HOME, BECAUSE OF MODERATES.
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 04:10:37 PM »

I work with a guy and he just doesn't want the government to know where he is.   All bills go to a PO box and he will not update his drivers license to his new address.  He is not even wanted by the law.  Worked with him for close to 15 years now.  Figure that one out.

I bet a lot of people are just too lazy to register or to stand in line to vote.

Must be a teapartier not wanting to pay taxe's Smiley

Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 04:55:22 PM »

THREE MILLION SAT AT HOME, BECAUSE OF MODERATES.

besides the fact that this is foolishness at it's height if it's true, i'm no sure it's is true.  that would be about the number, give or take, who voted 3rd party.  i don't have a problem with 3rd party candidates in general, but in this case, i have a real issue with both RP and GJ. 

romeny is a moderate.  he would not have been my choice for the R candidate.  even so, he would have been far better than another 4 years of Obama.  the fact that both candidates put their own cult before the country says it all.  i keep hearing this "things will be so bad in another 4 years that people will wake up".  rubbish.  in another 4 years, Obama will have gotten 2 supreme court nominees, obama care will be enshrined, god knows how many UN treaties and mandates will be in place, private business will be further damaged, coal, oil and gas will be further damaged, and the government  will be so deeply in bed with it's pet companies that we'll long for the days of the complaints from the occupy people. 

in short, so much damage will be done in another 4 years, the changes in this country will be as shocking as the post FDR, post Wilson, and post LBJ days, except that with the majority of people on some form of public assistance, there will be no recovery.

we had a chance to at least hold the line with romney and make some improvements in our fiscal condition.  if RP and GJ had really cared about this country as they claim to, they would have told their folks to vote for the candidate that could win.  instead, the wallow in cult adulation and are happy to see the country in the crapper as long as they are stroked.  i have no respect for either of them and am only comforted by the age and hopefully "retirement" of RP. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 05:22:59 PM »

And because people have been willing to "just settle" for the moderates, is why we are in the position we find ourselves today. The "far left " took over the democrate party in 1973 ( this according to the vice prez.) The leftist in  power DO NOT COMPROMIZE! (Alinsky's # 1 tenant). Why do you think the left is always yelling to everyone, " republicans have to find a moderate!?"
Obama should have been ripped to shreds for his past, present and what will come in our future. I will not bother to give example after example of why it would be so easy to paint Obama as the leftist he is who also saddles up and rides with communist. Do alittle of your own research and see who this guy really is. Moderates refuse....refuse to pin this man down for who he is.  Yet the moderates sit and allow the leftist to portray them as they do. That is why America is in trouble. 
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 06:20:32 PM »

I still say if the main stream media made as big an issue with Benghazi as they did with Big Bird,the outcome would have been different. Funny thing I noticed ,MSNBC and CNN both made mention of the economy in the closing ours of election day,but were pretty quiet on the issue up until then.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 06:37:26 PM »

I don't think Benghazi mattered to a lot of people.  "Their" man could have put out written orders to let people die, and they still would find no fault in their man.   
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 06:52:31 PM »

And because people have been willing to "just settle" for the moderates, is why we are in the position we find ourselves today.

i agree with you and lots of times the 3rd party bleed off is just fine.  in the grand scheme of things i don't think the election going to clinton rather than bush was a big thing.  wasn't a fan of clintion, but there was no fundamental change in the country because of him.

this time was different.  we will not recover from the changes being made now.  once these things are done, there is no going back on most of them.  i think this election, and i have been around for a few of them, was probably the most important of my life time.  RP has a pretty good following and i don't begrudge him that.  there are many things i don't agree with, but many i do. 

romney lost by a pretty small %.  in many places, it was about the same % or even less of the 3rd party vote.  would all of those vote have gone to romeny?  of course not.  however, i believe that a lot of the people who didn't vote were RP and GJ people.  because their candidate couldn't win, the didn't vote.  again, most years, not a big thing.  this year, a disaster.

on a personal level, i don't like RP.  on a political level, i think he's an attention seeking loon.  GJ i really know nothing about, but he certainly didn't put the country 1st.

if you think we will crash and burn and that libertarian ideology will prevail, history does not support you.  the crash and burn is generally followed by a more totalitarian government.  i can't see our history ending up much different.

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 02:34:31 PM »

what is a surprise to me is the way the vote broke down.  they say that fewer republicans turned out and more democrats.  that's hard to believe.  i can only go by the folks i know, but everyone was fired up to get rid of Obama.  i just can't picture millions of republicans not bothering to vote while many thousands more democrats were motivated to vote.
Four of my close family members are Republicans who didn't bother to vote. They just did not like Romney.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 02:36:43 PM »

I don't think Republicans were ever that enthused about Romney. Many I talked to have said all along, "Well, I guess we're stuck with him". As for losing the election, like I said in another post, Romney will go off script and blow it. Auto bail out, 47%, etc.

Congrats to Karl Rove, nice one.
I agree with all of this. Every time Romney opened his mouth, Obama's team must have been cheering. I think he's a decent human but seemed pretty unable to relate to the great unwashed masses.

As for Karl Rove, perhaps he learned that money can't buy all votes. I wonder when Republicans will quit pandering to the very far right and realize that America is not just a nation of rich white men anymore?

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 02:38:10 PM »

Both the republicans and democrates will ridicule and demonize anyone who insist on our politicians following the constitution. Carl Rove and others on the right dismissed the Tea Party. Reason why? I'm not sure. Lots of reasons.  Look what they did to Allen West. Oh make no mistake, they will take our support! The only reason the republicans have the house is because of the support from the Tea Party in 2010.
As for the way the Tea Party is portrayed by the democrates, well do I really need to explain? The constitution as well as the Tea Party are the polar opposite of what the leftist would have for America. So, I have been told by the leaders of the Tea Party Patriots, " Romney was the final straw, Republicans can no longer count on our support ". Simply put, we ONLY will support true conservatives. ( By the way, I did vote ). THREE MILLION SAT AT HOME, BECAUSE OF MODERATES.
As for the Tea Party, I read a link to their website today claiming Obama was married to his male college roommate. Seriously? How many people fall for crap like that? Thankfully, not enough to elect Romney.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 04:20:09 PM »

-As for Karl Rove, perhaps he learned that money can't buy all votes. I wonder when Republicans will quit pandering to the very far right and realize that America is not just a nation of rich white men anymore?

did you, by chance, take a look at what obama spent last time and this time?  that's an old, tired, and irrelevant argument.  + i don't think i fit into the rich, white man, category...last i looked....

As for the Tea Party, I read a link to their website today claiming Obama was married to his male college roommate. Seriously? How many people fall for crap like that? Thankfully, not enough to elect Romney.

i am not at all sure what this has to do with romney.  do you hold obama responsible for all the is posted on the web by people who claim to support him?  

i am more curious now than i was last time...what is so attractive about obama?  i get it if you are getting "free" stuff, but other than that, it surely does escape me.  maybe someone can enlighten me?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 05:54:46 PM by kathyp » Logged

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 08:28:07 PM »

Four of my close family members are Republicans who didn't bother to vote. They just did not like Romney.

the only ones i know who did this are those who were paulbots.  doesn't matter.  it is thier right to vote or not, but they are responsible for the outcome.

another question?  since you think that the candidate should be held responsible for what his supporters say, how about this...although, it's pretty accurate, isn't it?

Students celebrate President Obama's reelection outside the White House

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 01:45:09 AM »

To answer the original post, I vote all the time now in Michigan.  However in the past, the politicians went out of their way to discourage voting IMO.  You had to carry voter id cards and moving (college, jobs, etc) would invalidate them and you had to make extra effort to re-register.  You had to be registered so many weeks in advance, etc.  Might not seem like much…..unless you’re already a very busy person.  Michigan now has a voter motor law; when you go to get your driver’s license, you can get registered at the same time.  We don’t need voter ID cards anymore; just a driver’s license and an address.  We finally have a descent system here, but you still have to vote on a work day.  That has NEVER made any sense to me.  Why we can’t vote online or weeks in advance (like the world’s biggest democracy) is a real black eye on our democracy/republic.  Most people know well in advance of Nov 6th whom they’re going to vote for.  I could predict who 99% of the beeks will vote for in 2016 even today.  Why wait until Nov 6th? 

I now live in a smaller city in Michigan, and voting is EASY and quick.  So I always do it.  However I have lived in big cities like Boston, Memphis, and Tampa.  It was a nightmare to vote in those places AND work for a living.  Hmmm, I wonder what party gets an advantage by making it harder for the working class to vote?

I had to wait in line for HOURS and HOURS in Tampa to vote.  To which I’m sure some beeks will claim, that isn’t much of a sacrifice.  You are correct, but I’m still pretty healthy.  There were people dropping like flies waiting to vote in the heat of Florida; heat stroke in most cases.  The lines were way outside the buildings.  You had to stand for hours in the FL heat.  Many people aren’t in the best of health in Florida.  For those who haven’t been to Florida, it’s where people go to retire; it’s an older population.  It just isn’t healthy for MANY of them to even try to vote.  I believe FL has changed their voting system to improve this situation, but allowing everybody to vote early would make the whole experience much more empowering.   
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 02:08:07 AM »

i am more curious now than i was last time...what is so attractive about obama?  i get it if you are getting "free" stuff, but other than that, it surely does escape me.  maybe someone can enlighten me?
LOL....I have tried to enlighten my conservative friends SO many times my computer glows in the dark  angel

What, you don't read the exit polls?  They covered all this to the Nth degree in most media outlets.  Fox News forget how to exit poll huh  Romney didn't even come close to winning his home state (Michigan), how would you expect him to win the rest of the country?  I've already told y'all, he was never going to win in Michigan or Ohio because of the opinion article he WROTE in the NYTimes to "Let Detroit go bankrupt".  Liquidating the auto industry is not something we're ever going to vote FOR.  That would be like the South voting to ban Grits.  

The other thing you would learn from the exit polls is that the American people are a little more astute about the economy than some of our friends.  The majority of the people KNOW the economic mess we're in is George W Bush's fault; not Obama's.  

If you look at the demographics, the only group of people Romney won was older white males.  Sure he got votes from all groups of people, but the only group he actually won was the old white males.  If you want to be a president for all the people, you have to appeal to more than one group of people if you hope to win.

Last, but not least, let's not forget Obama is one of us..... a bee keeper  Smiley
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 07:01:46 AM »

Is Detroit well off today? I don't really think so.Soaking the rich is not going to jump start the economy. When the rich quit investing because it is not feasible to do so,will the economy grow?
When sales start dropping ,does the government give them more taxpayer dollars? Is there a number that is too much to give?
Remember the government has no money. It belongs to the taxpayers. Last year the government spent more than the whole GDP of this nation. Sound like fine economic policy? If the economy has no growth,you can not just tax your way out. Spending needs to be cut. Entitlements need to be cut. You can not give away something you do not have.
When the government can not get enough under the new scheme, they will need to place a lower number on what they call the rich.They used to call a millionaire rich. Now it's a 250 thousandaire. Next it will be families making over 75 thousand. Watch out folks,it will happen. Total domination of your lives is coming.
Remember the Democrat montra,never let a crisis go to waste  and they are building the largest one this nation has ever seen.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 11:32:56 AM »

so obama is popular because he gives stuff to people and because he blames others.  cool.  that's the country i want.  theft and avoidance of responsibility.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next