Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 22, 2014, 09:40:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm in NEW JERSEY... Why should I vote (rhetorically of course)  (Read 2503 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 05:59:56 PM »

They are so worried about disenfranchising voters with voter ID laws,   but could care less about all the voters who are disenfranchised because their vote doesn't count.   I'm all for staying with the electoral college,  but let's have the states assign the votes by congressional district.    Then you won't have large cities like NYC and Philly carrying the whole state.

Exactly!
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 03:10:53 PM »

I like it!

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 03:20:42 PM »

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/2012/countymaprb1024.png

election results by county.  no dem would ever be elected.   grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 04:53:22 PM »

Seems like a lot of this debate would not be happening if the US adopted the Westminster system. Some of us do not agree with the last election results here in Australia but there is no real fuss over the election process. The view from this part of the world is that the US government, regardless of the color is losing control of the historical values it has held for so long. Undoubteably this could be due to a large extent to the influence of the Latino, Asian and Afro- American increase in population. Australia is heading down the same path.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:05:43 PM by Geoff » Logged

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 05:03:09 PM »

that system is somewhere between the straight parliamentary system of England and our divided powers, as i understand it.  i think the biggest hindrance to a system like that is that our powers are supposed to reside in the states, not in the federal government.  thus the whole republic thing.  we were never designed to have an all powerful central government.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 05:39:58 PM »

Yes Sir, you are wrong.  When the forces of Bathhouse Barry (not talking about you!!!) managed to have 69 precincts in Cleveland where Romney recieved not ONE vote and it looks like more ballots were cast in Florida than there are voters, it should start ringing warning bells somewhere.  Again it looks like our Military members overseas failed to get votes counted because they are red state boys in huge porportion.  Why do you think an photo Identified voter is just like garlic to the Left wing vampire.   I am afraid that it is already a foregone conclusion that Joe Stalin was right.  He didn't care who voted, he cared WHO counted the votes.    As far as the electoral college disappearing.  I live in one of those tiny states 550 miles wide and 375 miles deep with a million people.  We would be totally disinfranchised--a lot like you are.   No those dead white men put something pretty special together and it looks like we failed to keep it.  It was good while it lasted.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next