The topic is ISULATION -poly hives -wood hives-you bang on about insulation factorsI hope you are being ironic and just trying to wind up finski
the fact of the mater is there is much more to it beside R VALUE insulation
:) poly hives are designed to vent from the bottom and moisture is expelled by means of condensation
on the sides of the hive and it runs out the front
wood hive expels moisture out the top by means of top ventilation- :)
the insulation factor is just tip of iceberg---whats relay going on........ ;) RDY-B
Jep. That Rud-y
A man from California speaks about
- insulation - he hardly knows what it means
- poly hive, hardly seen and surely not used
- top of iceberg - hardly seen
- insulation factor --- what is that
- poly hives are designed to vent from the bottom. Yes, I burned that bottom 24 years ago. I did not know that. Actually mesh floor is for varroa controlling.
I have seen how top of iceberg goes under water. It happens when it rains snow so much that the weight push the top down.
Yep. It is nice to get advices from California how to over winter beehives.
Lets look Los Angeles forecast:
That is a bad winter. We did not have that much heat even in last summer.
Like we say: Our summer is short but with thin cover snow