couple of days on and another one of my hives decided to swarm, as before 5 meters up in the tree, this time i used the ladder
and chainsaw pole pruner and cut down the branch , this one was huge, looks like a whole hive left! still plenty of bees in the hive i think
it came from. This was a good move as they ended up settling in the neighbors property on the fence. I asked permission to get them and was eagerly granted access. I place a box next to the post and brushed a lot in, i stood back and observed and the others were all marching in so i must have got the queen.
Later on i went back to check and they had all come back out , this was however after i had filled up the box with new frames, i wanted to give the bees something to hang on to but this reduced the space the bees had. So i figured that since it was such a large swarm that it was too big for one box with all the frames in so i added a second box and went for the brush again! I am happy to say this time it worked after a 9pm drive to another site all are safely in place, will check on tuesday and add the missing frames, Neil