Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 29, 2014, 03:15:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Too Have Become Disillusioned.  (Read 1872 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« on: October 15, 2012, 06:51:35 PM »

I Too Have Become Disillusioned.

By Matt Patterson (columnist)

Years from now, historians may regard the 2008 election of Barack Obama as an inscrutable and disturbing phenomenon, the result of a baffling breed of mass hysteria akin perhaps to the witch craze of the Middle Ages.  How, they will wonder, did a man so devoid of professional accomplishment beguile so many into thinking he could manage the world's largest economy, direct the world's most powerful military, execute the world's most consequential job?

Imagine a future historian examining Obama's pre-presidential life:  ushered into and through the Ivy League, despite unremarkable grades and test scores along the way; a cushy non-job as a "community organizer;" a brief career as a state legislator devoid of legislative achievement (and in fact nearly devoid of his attention, so often did he vote "present"); and finally an unaccomplished single term in the United States Senate, the entirety of which was devoted to his presidential ambitions.

He left no academic legacy in academia, authored no signature legislation as a legislator.  And then there is the matter of his troubling associations:  the white-hating, America-loathing preacher who for decades served as Obama's "spiritual mentor"; a real-life, actual terrorist who served as Obama's colleague and political sponsor.  It is easy to imagine a future historian looking at it all and asking:  how on Earth was such a man elected president?

Not content to wait for history, the incomparable Norman Podhoretz addressed the question recently in the Wall Street Journal:  To be sure, no white candidate who had close associations with an outspoken hater of  America  like Jeremiah Wright and an unrepentant terrorist like Bill Ayers, would have lasted a single day.  But because Mr. Obama was black, and therefore entitled in the eyes of liberal Dom to have hung out with protesters against various American injustices, even if they were a bit extreme, he was given a pass.  Let that sink in:  Obama was given a pass - held to a lower standard - because of the color of his skin.

Podhoretz continues:  And in any case, what did such ancient history matter when he was also so articulate and elegant and (as he himself had said) "non-threatening," all of which gave him a fighting chance to become the first black president and thereby to lay the curse of racism to rest?

Podhoretz puts his finger, I think, on the animating pulse of the Obama phenomenon - affirmative action.  Not in the legal sense, of course.  But certainly in the motivating sentiment behind all affirmative action laws and regulations, which are designed primarily to make white people, and especially white liberals, feel good about themselves.

Unfortunately, minorities often suffer so that whites can pat themselves on the back.  Liberals routinely admit minorities to schools for which they are not qualified, yet take no responsibility for the inevitable poor performance and high drop-out rates which follow.  Liberals don't care if these minority students fail; liberals aren't around to witness the emotional devastation and deflated self-esteem resulting from the racist policy that is affirmative action.  Yes, racist.  Holding someone to a separate standard merely because of the color of his skin - that's affirmative action in a nutshell, and if that isn't racism, then nothing is.

And that is what  America  did to Obama.  True, Obama himself was never troubled by his lack of achievements, but why would he be?  As many have noted, Obama was told he was good enough for Columbia  despite undistinguished grades at Occidental; he was told he was good enough for the US Senate despite a mediocre record in  Illinois ; he was told he was good enough to be president despite no record at all in the Senate.  All his life, every step of the way, Obama was told he was good enough for the next step, in spite of ample evidence to the contrary.

What could this breed if not the sort of empty narcissism on display every time Obama speaks?  In 2008, many who agreed that he lacked executive qualifications nonetheless raved about Obama's oratory skills, intellect, and cool character.  Those people – conservatives included - ought now to be deeply embarrassed.

The man thinks and speaks in the hoariest of clichés, and that's when he has his Teleprompters in front of him; when the prompter is absent he can barely think or speak at all.  Not one original idea has ever issued from his mouth - it's all warmed-over Marxism of the kind that has failed over and over again for 100 years.

And what about his character?  Obama is constantly blaming anything and everything else for his troubles.  Bush did it; it was bad luck; I inherited this mess.  Remember, he wanted the job, campaigned for the task.  It is embarrassing to see a president so willing to advertise his own powerlessness, so comfortable with his own incompetence.  But really, what were we to expect?  The man has never been responsible for anything, so how do we expect him to act responsibly?

In short:  our president is a small-minded man, with neither the temperament nor the intellect to handle his job.  When you understand that, and only when you understand that, will the current erosion of liberty and prosperity make sense.  It could not have gone otherwise with such a man in the Oval Office.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
vermmy35
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 08:44:40 PM »

All I can say is, wow and how true.

Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 10:06:56 PM »

... Years from now, historians may regard the 2008 election of Barack Obama as a... disturbing phenomenon...  a brief career as a state legislator... and finally an unaccomplished single term in the United States Senate...

Acually only 2/3 of one term as an United States Senator, or 4 years.
carlfaba10t
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 10:33:10 PM »

To IDDEE: Just want to see if you are willing to admit the real truth. Where to hang the real blame Why mr. Obama was elected to the oval office. Question #1 did the people of the United States have a quality candidate of republican or democrat on the ballot to choose from?
Question #2 Did the last 4 years under Bush Jr help any?
Question #3 Do you think if the republicans had selected a good pick for Vice president we would be in the STINK HOLE we are in now?
I will be glad to answer ? #3 HELL NO!!! evil

Carl-I have done so much with so little for so long i can now do something with nothing!
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 10:41:56 PM »

NO to 1 and 2.
On the third, we had no runner for pres or vice pres., but we could have taken the lesser of two evils, which we did not do.

Truthfully, the president is only a puppet. I just think McCain, and now Romney, has better string controllers.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 10:53:50 PM »

Seems to me that VEEP was the better part of the 2008 team.  The Bush Presidencies were mainly flawed by their social liberality and both operated uder the illusion that you can work with an elected Democrat.  Alibiing for this feckless Marxist is getting tiring.  HE built this!
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 11:04:35 PM »

Vance, I disagree. I don't think HE has ever done anything in his life other than follow orders. I don't think he has the brain to do anything on his own.

*Shel Silverstein*
carlfaba10t
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 11:12:27 PM »

Thanks IDDEE Yup we are on the same page. grin

Carl-I have done so much with so little for so long i can now do something with nothing!
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 11:24:10 PM »

Remember I pointed out "HIS" hemming, hawing, herkey jerky, start and stop, lying body language speaking style when "HE" was deprived of "HIS" TelePrompTer during "HIS" 2007 "I am going to make your energy cost necessarily skyrocket" interview with the San Francisco Chronicale.  I am not disillusioned with the President, I was never "Illusioned" with or by "HIM" in the first place.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 11:19:56 AM »

Question #3 Do you think if the republicans had selected a good pick for Vice president we would be in the STINK HOLE we are in now?

palin was the only thing that gave any life to the mccain campaign. 

all of your points are valid to some extent (except 3), but the problem was less the candidate than the horribly uninformed voters.  there is no reason to be uninformed.  even if the press is not doing it's job, it's not that hard to do your own homework.  people are lazy. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
paindragon1
New Bee

<vacant space>

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 12:06:49 PM »

I know for me personally, Palin killed the vote for McCain.

I've been a big McCain supporter through all of his election trys... I understand why he chose her, I just wish he would not have let her near a news crew with an open mic though.

Veni vidi, fecit mulsi.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 12:08:57 PM »

if you are a mccain supporter i can see why you wouldn't like palin.  noodle meets spine.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 05:23:35 PM »

It won't do for me to give my true opinion about Juan McCain.  It will likely get me bared from Beemaster.com. 

But do let us remember that politics is not about the service that you performed for your country in the past.  Politics is about the service that you plan to perform for your country in the future.  We have Am-Vets and VFW Halls in which to relive the past.  Just don't repeat past mistakes but do repeat past successes. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next