Yours truly has just suffered with poison ivy for about 2 weeks :( :( :(
Seemed like I might have to scratch for an eternity, but then fairly suddenly it relented. My question is why does poison ivy/bumps seem to be going strong one day and then fairly abruptly stop? The reports I read on line (most of which seem to be completely different from my experiences with PI), say that if you don’t wash off the oil within like 10 minutes, it soaks into your skin and can’t be removed. So if the oil stays put, why do the bumps kind of switch off after 2 weeks? Is the oil chemically altered by the body’s reaction making it inert after 2 weeks? Does the body eventually decide to stop reacting to the oil and stop generating bumps? Does the oil flake off with old skin cells?
The other interesting observation I would report is I’ve also just gotten rid of a nasty cold/flu and the poison ivy seemed to relent as the cold got better. Is there a correlation?